October 2017 Moms

Weekly Pregnancy Chatter & Questions - 1/30

2»

Re: Weekly Pregnancy Chatter & Questions - 1/30

• I told my boss yesterday (4 weeks), but he already knew that we were doing fertility treatments so I think he kind of saw it coming. Told him because I needed to give him a heads-up about upcoming appointments. We're probably going to tell our parents this weekend, so we have a local support system. The rest of our close family lives about 8 hours away so we're going to go visit them in March and tell them then. The only symptoms I'm really having so far is I'm exhausted and starting to feel a tiny bit nauseous.

TTC since 01/2011
    07/2013 - First round of testing  - CD21 and CD3 blood tests and HSG  + multiple SAs for DH
    07/2013 - Diagnosis - Anovulatory and DH has very low counts - Referral to urologist for further testing
    08/2013 - Urologist showed varcocele veins and testicular defect from birth. Unable to repair
    11/2013 - Consult with RE regarding treatment. Benched due to finances
    2014/2015 - Took break from pursuing treatment, moved to a new province
    06/2016 - DH redid SA as per direction from new family doctor - Counts have increased!!
    07/2016 - Consult with new RE - ordered a repeat HSG
    09/2016 - Providing no issues on HSG - Scheduled to start first IUI with Clomid
    01/17/2017 - First IUI with Clomid - BFP - M/C @ 9 weeks

Come on Baby "B"! Time to come out and play!

• I snuck out from work a little early yesterday so I could lie down and nap. I might do the same today if it hits me hard again in the afternoon. 

Only my husband and my personal trainer know that I'm pregnant. One of my coworkers might find out next as we go to yoga together and I need to tell the instructor so I can modify poses. I don't really want to tell anyone else until the 12 weeks mark.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Only hubby and one of my bffs knows so far. I was going to tell my family this past weekend but we had company and it wasn't the right time. We need to tell our families asap because I want them to find out from us first and I realllllllyyyy need to tell a friend of mine this week because she's getting married in 2 weeks (destination wedding in the caribbean) and we need to cancel our attendance because it's in Zika zone and my docs office said no travel there unless it's absolutely necessary. 
    I hate having to tell friends this early but I guess I need to and it will be inevitable for allll of our other friends to find out why we suddenly are not there
  • Only hubby and one of my bffs knows so far. I was going to tell my family this past weekend but we had company and it wasn't the right time. We need to tell our families asap because I want them to find out from us first and I realllllllyyyy need to tell a friend of mine this week because she's getting married in 2 weeks (destination wedding in the caribbean) and we need to cancel our attendance because it's in Zika zone and my docs office said no travel there unless it's absolutely necessary. 
    I hate having to tell friends this early but I guess I need to and it will be inevitable for allll of our other friends to find out why we suddenly are not there
    Hey so I have a random question for you because I think you said you were from FL. I actually have a wedding in Tampa in two weeks and my doctors nurse literally just called me and said my dr is discouraging my travel to Tampa because of Zika. It's a huge family wedding and I would never dream of missing it...everything I read on the CDC made it sound like it was fine. Is Zika still a major concern in Florida these days? My gut tells me it's fine but it threw me off when my dr advised against it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doc sees me at 8 weeks, usually the first appointment is to do paperwork and discuss due date and what to expect as far as appointments go. 
    My second visit which is usually a month later they do a scan to verify the estimated due date (EDD) 
    Now I am 40 years old so I am sure I will have a few scans because I am automatically considered high risk because of my age with these doctors. 
    This will be my 6th baby, and what is funny is I have 0 symptoms and I cannot remember if my last pregnancy if I had symptoms early on or not. I know I get tons of reflux but that usually comes with the growing belly a little later. Funny how you forget these things way after they are done. But I do not have sore breasts, I also breastfed my youngest up until 6 months ago maybe that is why 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not sure where else to post this, but figured someone might find it useful.... I called my insurance company today to confirm a few things.... thought some of these questions might help. The more you know up front, the easier it is to make appointments that don't end in surprise bills.

1. Is your provider covered? (OB, Midwife, etc.)
    2. Is the facility where you plan to birth covered? (Hospital, Birthing Center, etc.)
    3. Is a breast pump covered? If yes, does it require a prescription, are there specific medical suppliers where you must purchase from, how much is it covered at, any restrictions (such as no hospital grade pumps). Are pump rentals covered? Do I need to purchase up front and submit for a reimbursement? 
    4. What is my deductible and out of pocket max?
    5. Is the baby subject to its own deductible and out of pocket max? If yes, how much?
    6. Is the baby covered by my insurance after the birth, and if so, for how long? When do I need to add baby to my dependent care coverage by? (Note: These are often not the same, they may cover baby for 21 days automatically, but you have until the 60th day to add them to your policy.... which leaves a gap in coverage!)
    7. Are any alternative care providers covered and if so, what are my yearly limits and restrictions (such as massage, chiropractic, acupuncture, etc.)?  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
     May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif

• I live in Tampa, and I was told that zika was no longer a concern as of August 2016
  • I live in Tampa, and I was told that zika was no longer a concern as of August 2016
    Thank you for your input! :) I assumed it was fine and didn't think twice about it until she said something so I appreciate hearing from someone who lives there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We haven't told anyone yet other than my medical professionals (and my hairstylist when I explained why I no longer have the energy to blow dry). We are planning to tell my parents and siblings over facetime after our 7ish week scan, and his parents and siblings in person a few days later. We may tell a friend or two before then.

I'm waiting as long as possible to tell my boss/coworkers because I am trying to change roles either within the company or with another company. While discriminating based on pregnancy is illegal, I have no doubt that it will happen once the secret is out.

I've had phone calls with both my Dr. and the scheduling nurse so far (and a lot of emails back and forth with my PCP and OB/GYN), so that has helped with the waiting. I'm shocked by how little medical support most people get before 8 weeks or so, and not for lack of asking for it.

I think I had something else to say, but I'm too tired to remember.........
  • @beejeroo I'm not sure about the risks of Zika in Tampa, but I know that SouthEast FL (where I'm located) was (and maybe still is) a live zika transmission area. My doc's office, however, didn't mention anything about it when I called to make my first appointment and ask about traveling to the Caribbean so I'm a bit in the gray area too. I'll definitely ask when I meet with him in 10 days.
  • I'm kind of panicking about this one. I've been at my job 5 years and already been on maternity leave twice. I work in a small department and we're super close so I doubt I will be able to hide it but they're going to flip when they find out! Especially because we're supposed to have a major software switch right around when baby is born. Not looking forward to this convo....
  • I'm kind of panicking about this one. I've been at my job 5 years and already been on maternity leave twice. I work in a small department and we're super close so I doubt I will be able to hide it but they're going to flip when they find out! Especially because we're supposed to have a major software switch right around when baby is born. Not looking forward to this convo....
    I'm right there with you. I'll be out during my company's usual major software release period. My boss will probably accuse me of planning it that way to get out of the worst of it (not really...he knows I've been trying for ages). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @verify I just signed a three month agreement with a personal trainer, I started a couple weeks ago before I was KU. I'm going to ask my dr next week, but did they need to modify anything or is everything still fine to do exercise wise? 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My question is about exercise. I'm normally a VERY active person. But now all I can manage is taking the dog on a walk each morning for about 45 minutes, then I'm down for the count. Fatigue all day long. I feel like if I buck up and get some exercise I'll feel less fatigue, but I'm so tired I feel like I am crumbling apart...the thought of even putting on gym clothes is too much! 
    Due with rainbow rainbow rainbow baby on 9/29/17
    It's been a long road- Let's just say that! 
  • @azerimama Thank you for that information! VERY helpful!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • verilyverily member
    edited February 2017
    I do workouts early early in the morning. It's the only way I'm likely to get it done, except for yoga and walking which I'm happy to do after work. 

The basic advice I received from my doctor's nurse was a mix of antiquated and somewhat new info. I was told to keep my heart rate under 140 (yeah right...a decent walk puts me there), which recent studies have all said is overly conservative. I was also told I could continue weightlifting, but she didn't recommend that I lift more than 25 pounds. That part is easy because I'm a beginner and not lifting more than 10lb dumbbells right now. 

The general advice I've read is that perceived rate of exertion matters more than heartrate. You need to still be able to hold a conversation while exercising. And that most non-contact sport exercises can be continued in the first trimester (nothing that might involve a fall or getting knocked in the stomach). I've kept up with the weightlifting and bodyweight exercises, but I've stopped doing jumping jacks in favor of side jacks and I've stopped doing crunches. I've also stopped doing sprints.  With yoga, I've read mixed information on which poses to avoid in the first trimester, but I've stopped doing anything that puts all my weight on my stomach (and my instructor is super fond of those asanas). 

All that said...I'm not a medical professional. You should really call your doctor or doctor's nurse and talk to them about it. After that, talk to your personal trainer, so that you can modify your workouts accordingly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I started to bleed a little bit yesterday and my PGAL brain was flying high! It was literally 3 drops of blood but it terrified me. So far nothing today. But my heart sunk when I saw that blood. I'm so scared. PGAL brain is the worst. 
  • Anyone feel pain in their hips? I almost feel like my hip is out of socket. It starts in my groin and goes up my hip and side. Its like a very dull ache. I havent had any bleeding, but just worried. I don't remember this pain this early with DD.
  • I started to bleed a little bit yesterday and my PGAL brain was flying high! It was literally 3 drops of blood but it terrified me. So far nothing today. But my heart sunk when I saw that blood. I'm so scared. PGAL brain is the worst. 
    My love tit is a hug. Even though we know a tiny bit of spotting is normal, it doesn't stop that heart sinking feeling does it... I had a drop today too and I have to say, I'm not a fan!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @babymish, it is seriously the worst!
  • @verify thank you for the information. I did mention to my doctors office and will be discussing in detail during my appointment next week. With my first pregnancy excercise was fine, so probably will be the same. I also told my trainer when I started that with him that we are TTC, so he should be ready to modify stuff if needed. I am planning to tell him before my next session.  The details you provided are helpful though, thank you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker