November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 1/29

2»

Re: Weekly randoms 1/29

• Options
    kvruns said:
    Lately whenever i do tummy time LO spits up a ton. Sometimes just drool but often real spit up, sometimes watery and sometimes really chunky. The last 2 days it's pretty much a guarantee he'll go all over on his belly. He's not in pain but it doesn't seem good to happen so much 

ETA: I keep him upright after feeding and it's usually been at least an hour since eating until he's on his tummy 
    I think it's normal. If he's not visibly upset after spitting up then it's just food that didn't make it all the way down past the valve at the top of his stomach. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    @kvruns I've noticed a significant uptick in spit up lately too. And we are exclusively breastfeeding so I'm not sure why it's happening. 

Also, good advice! I can't seem to shake the remaining 12 or so lbs I need to lose. But then I also just ate three cold slices of pizza hut thin crust pepperoni pizza so...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guys. This kid has been down for a nap for two and a half hours. Do I let him sleep? I'm weirded out by this strangely long nap. 
  • Options
    Have any of you decided If / when you're going to introduce purées and/or cereal or wait until 6 months to do baby-led weaning with more solid-ish food? I'm so overwhelmed by this decision! 
  • Options
    @MrsMaryK2016 Let that nap ride! I found after DD had a miracle long nap like that a wonderful night of sleep followed that evening.  Wishing you the same good fortune.
  • Options
    @kristah2, we always waited until 6 months as suggested by our pediatrician but once they hit 6 months it was game on for basically anything.
  • Options
    @mrsmaryk2016 - let the nap go on! We also had awesome evening sleeping after those types of naps. 

@kristah2 - We introduced solids at about 4.5 months and then waited again until 5 months. She liked it but the spoon was a challenge. We also only offered it after an evening feed so it was very little. 
  • Options
    Thanks @leighry! I need to remind myself of that sometimes. 
  • Options
    There are definitely days where I need to take a step back and tell myself I'm only one person and can only do so much. Things like that help. That and chocolate.
  • Options
    SandNStarsNJSandNStarsNJ member
    edited February 2017
    I have a two year old who has never had a haircut (it's still at the top of her neck). Do I bite the bullet and take her? It's starting to look like a mess when she wakes up in the morning. 

ETA: We did it and she cried and screamed and it was awful.