March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-In: Jan 30!

2»

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Jan 30!

• One more question..... anyone here living in California? I have a question about your understanding on Maternity Leave! Thanks :)
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited February 2017
    @triwellnessgirl Movement didn't slow down/change much for me till closer to 34/36ish weeks.  
    So it may change later on for you - OR you could just have a super active little personality waiting to enter your life ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • kjd291 said:
    @triwellnessgirl Movement didn't slow down/change much for me till closer to 34/36ish weeks.  
    So it may change later on for you - OR you could just have a super active little personality waiting to enter your life ;)
    OK, thanks!! I'm at 35 weeks and Baby is still kicking it strong, LOL!!! I'm curious what we'll see on the scan next Tuesday!!! 
  • happy Friday! I went to spin last night and I feel so much better after getting a workout in but the Thurs. pm instructor was interesting. She didn't give many breaks, which maybe in a pre-pregnancy life I would have found fun and challenging but at this point I wanted to throw my water bottle at her, haha. I just took my own breaks. 

Planning on a low key circuit of push-ups and squats today (I'm behind on the squats now) maybe some plank and kettlebell lunge tabata. 

Speaking of active babies, I learned at my growth scan yesterday that my little guy was breech! But I feel like he's somersaulting in there because late last night I swear I felt him flip, then this morning, I can feel his head high up...! I am just hoping he picks the head down flip when he runs out of room to keep tossing himself about in there. 

It feels like this is going on:

• Great job @jenny0228 with the spin class last night & kicking butt! You're awesome!!!! Hope Baby Boy makes himself at home soon with his head down. I'm excited for our 36 week scan on Tuesday to find out what our Baby has decided on ;)

Have a super day everyone! I had planned to go to CrossFit this a.m. but when my alarm went off at 4:15am I struggled to get out of bed. I had back pain as well as stomach cramping, so I slept in. Got up at 7am to get ready for work and now feel fine. Our bodies are so weird...... I wonder what that was all about earlier!!
  • @triwellnessgirl ugh-4:15!? No wonder your body was mad at you ;) haha. But seriously - glad you're feeling better!

@jenny0228  sorry your little flipper has yet to cooperate - hopefully will go head down to stay! 

sick clingy toddler workout for me today plus my 50squats. Much better than nothing! And I know still really good for hitting 38wks Sunday!  I've still been having some major anxiety, it's so annoying, but working out helps clear my head so much!

Hope everyone has a super Friday!  
  • Great job, as always @kjd291 !!! You rock!!!
    Oh my goodness.... 38 weeks !!!!!
  • Thanks, @triwellnessgirl !  Yeah... I'm still over here in denial. Haha. I don't think it's gonna hit me that I'm having a baby till I'm on my way to the hospital ;) ha
  • kjd291 said:
    Thanks, @triwellnessgirl !  Yeah... I'm still over here in denial. Haha. I don't think it's gonna hit me that I'm having a baby till I'm on my way to the hospital ;) ha
    I feel the same way....every time i walk by our pile of baby shower gifts and the stroller (that are currently in our second living room because we are waiting on the nursery furniture to arrive) I ask myself.... why is all this baby stuff here?? When is someone gonna pick this stuff up? 
  • Thanks @triwellnessgirl and @kjd291!

@kjd291 you've been such an amazing motivator keeping this thread going each Monday .... it seems like you'll be the first of us to have your baby- can't wait til we are sharing pictures of the LO's and motivating each other to keep going post baby! 
  • @kjd291 I second what @jenny0228 said. You've been so motivating. Can we please keep the fitness check in going post baby when we're all able to exercise again?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw, Thanks guys!! It's been such a godsend to have ya'll here for accountability and motivation too <3 I may start the posts, but it wouldn't matter one bit if every one of you didn't participate!

I'm definitely planning on keeping it going post baby for as long as there is interest! I'll try to keep posting Monday mornings even when my little one arrives-but if I am a no show some Mondays right right after I give birth -don't worry about stepping on toes! Feel free to jump in and start the checkins yourselves! 
  • We are all on the same wavelength!! I was thinking the same thing about staying connected and checking in once our babies get here !!!

Thank you for everything @kjd291 !!!!
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited February 2017
    I second all of that!!! @kjd291 you're phenomenal and all of you ladies help keep me motivated!! I feel like we have our own little community within our bigger Bump community here and would LOVE to keep up our weekly checkins post babies with you all!!❤️
    Pregnancy Ticker