September 2017 Moms

HCG only went up 3,000 in 2 days!

Hi Ladies, I went in for a repeat blood draw n results were Tue - Thurs 3,000 point increased only. I'm not sure of my ovulation day so I'm a maniac trying to figure out how far a long I actually am. LMP was 12/7. The Dr will b giving me another ultrasound next Wed n this wait is damn near gonna kill me.  I guess I'm just curious if this preg is not progressing why any increase at all n if I should take that as some sort of comfort...? Wouldn't it decrease drastically in 2 days? I am still having symptoms, n no spotting or cramping at all. Thoughts anyone?

Re: HCG only went up 3,000 in 2 days!

• @geminimom  Did your Dr. not discuss it with you? I'm pretty sure there's a wide range of "normal" in regards to HCG increases.  And also, at some point, HCG is supposed to level off.  
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• What were your numbers both times they checked? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It would be helpful to know how far along you are, which your last period doesn't really tell us. Do you have longer or shorter cycles? Only a 3,000 increase would worry me at say 9 weeks, but earlier on, when betas are generally lower, I would worry less.    

That being said, my beta numbers didn't double in number over 48 hours, but my doctor said as long as there is a continual rise, which there has been, he isn't worried. Apparently some women don't double steadily, or double in 72 hours instead of 48. If your doctor isn't worried, I would try not to as well. 

• geminismomgeminismom member
    edited February 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**
    edited February 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**.
  • I know nothing about HCG numbers, but rising sounds promising. I know you've been on edge for the last week waiting for these results. Praying the sonogram gives you final answers and peace. I'd be hopeful since it has sounded like your dates have been off and your levels did go up. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
    edited February 2017
    @HollyGolightly09 they were 38,000 tue then 47,000 Thurs. Apparently that's not what the Dr wanted 2 c. I can't get in to her until next week, so despite what some commenters feel, I can't c her 2 get anymore info than that I was just curious if anyone had experience with that small of an increase n still had a good outcome since this wait is going 2 b so stressful. I've buried 2 babies in 3 yrs n I'm freaking. Thanks for the judgement free question, at least I know some people use this MB for its purpose - support,  n not 2 b a B**** 2 another mom in need. 
  • @awildrose thank u for the kind words, always helpful!  ;)
  • It's doubling about every 6 days... I believe around 8-10,000 (please realize I could very well be wrong here) it can take 4+ days to double. So, those numbers alone don't seem super alarming to me. 

Again, I could be very wrong. I'm just using an online doubling calculator and knowledge I've gained from Google. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    edited February 2017
    @HollyGolightly09 that's exactly what I read, so the fact that my Dr is alarmed is confusing to me n only adds 2 my stress. It'll b a long weekend for sure but I'm praying wed will give me some peace of mind n really just answers either way. I have a 9 yr old n a baby on ng tube feedings at hm, so that'll keep me occupied! Lol. Thanks again n have a great weekend! 
  • mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited February 2017
    @HollyGolightly09 that's exactly what I read, so the fact that my Dr is alarmed is confusing to me n only adds 2 my stress. It'll b a long weekend for sure but I'm praying wed will give me some peace of mind n really just answers either way. I have a 9 yr old n a baby on ng ube feedings at hm, so that'll keep me occupied! Lol. Thanks again n have a great weekend! 
    I thought you had a two year old with an ex, and didn't think you could ever get pregnant again after two losses in three years? Where did this baby come from? 

• @amandarene112 correct, she's 20 mos n still in 9 mos clothes cuz she was a micro preemie, so she's still my baby. Pls leave me alone. Thx much.
  • My bad. She's adorable.

• Fingers crossed lady! All the uncertainty in the beginning is enough to drive someone mad!  I'll be on pins and needles with you ❤
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Msashley2010  ur absolutely right, I let the snarky tone of the PP comments get to me during this already testy state I'm in. thank you for the well wishes!
  • @lap018 I've "lost" more than you would ever care to see. When you pick out a tiny casket for your son or an urn for your twin daughter while starting a 7 mo journey in the NICU for your surviving twin, then maybe I'll take your wisdoms. Your original comment was snarky and mean-spirited and this is my first go at a message board I don't know the functions well yet. I was stressing n threw a topic out there. Profanity was uncalled for, but you should reevaluate what you were projecting with your original comment. In the future I trust nothing I post will be of interest to you and we're done here. Thanks.
  • @lap018 Thank u, I'm HORRIBLE at following directions n truthfully only skimmed the read this first post, or I would know the ins and outs of message boards better. Yes, support is the end game here. I had already put Update in the title, from my last update 1/31 so I thought it was redundant to add to that thread with a new update. Smh, would've been the best move but that's hind sight.
    @daniellelynette <Breath Taken>
  • That was the least snarky breathing gif I could find lol. I did it a couple times and I think I'll save it for any future panic attacks. The last time I had one of those was a few months ago but this might have been helpful then.
  • @daniellelynette "least snarky gif"  :D good one.
  • I'm not sure why that was funny..? I searched deep breath gif and everything else was mean so I decided to stick with this one which I THOUGHT was pretty neutral... did I come off snarky..?
  • @daniellelynette not at all, I literally, took a deep breath, mission accomplished  ;)