TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Weekly Check-In Week of 1/30/17

2»

Re: TTCAL Weekly Check-In Week of 1/30/17

• @MimoCa hopefully you can enjoy your two days off. I'm sure days off are probably few and far between for you!

@sp128 if you get a chance to see FGL do it! That may have been one of the best concerts I've been to :)

@TScalei hugs to you <3 Hope you're feeling less blah soon. 

1) Twin MC May '15, TTC since August '15

2) Benched due to Zika exposure, IUI #1 in Feb

3) Rant - my first benched cycle has to be insanely long, of course. And FF isn't even sure when I ovulated. I had cd24 and then today it moved to cd26. Rave - IUI #1 should happen during school break so I can be nice and relaxed when it happens. 

4)I would've loved to see Michael Jackson! But now I'd love to see Casting Crowns :)
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Anyone have any thoughts on an O day? 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Loading the player...
  • I just had the tiniest amount of spotting today on my underwear so I'm assuming AF will be here soon.  I was always a pre spotter for  a few days before AF showed.  This will be my first real period since early December.  CP happened first week of Jan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @RiverSong15- I'm sorry you are put in a situation where you have to even consider worrying about that.  I understand that people want to be involved but I guess I just don't want to see it 24/7.
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited January 2017
    @vlagrl29 Yeah, my biggest fear is that we will get pregnant, and then my husband won't be allowed to stay in the country. FB does get overwhelming. And I do try to limit how much time I spend there. And my Instagram is almost all puppies all the time. Watching puppies play is a great stress reliever :)
  • Thank you all for the well wishes. I know this is a great group, I just wish I wasn't here, again. 

Has anyone else suffered a loss after 14 weeks? My milk has come in which just adds insult to the whole ordeal. 

I'm back at work today, kind of. Just for a few hours - interacted with a few students but heading back home soon.

@RiverSong15 - I am also on FB as a distraction. I am a climate change scientist so this administration scares me in a different way than it does for you, but still frightening. i can't sit idly and not say stuff so i post about climate change and science all the time. Also - considering I just had a D&E, which is technically an abortion - the woman's rights stuff is just awful. 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • @ladipale I'm so sorry for the added insult to injury. I think there are a few women here with later term losses.

My H and I are both scientists, and I do a lot of environmental work. So we share the same fears about climate change. Immigration is just the most personal issue for me, but I definitely have worries outside of that issue. Hugs for you this week <3
  • @RiverSong15 - totally get it. many of my colleagues are immigrants. Its inevitable in the world of higher education and science - brining the best minds together requires a broad population. I fear for my colleagues and their families and I'm sorry you have to have that fear for your own family. I'm lucky enough to be in California so at least some of my science is protected...
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @RiverSong15 my DH is on a green card too, that has not arrived yet. Of course. We are planning to get him to do his citizenship ASAP and I'm sure you guys should plan to just in case. My favorite part is his removal of conditional status has been pending for 2 years now and his stamp is expiring next week but I saw online as long as case is pending he is still in legal status. But silly DH says if he gets his green card revoke he'll go back to his country, start a business and come back in the 4 years after lol
  • I feel weird responding because technically not trying to conceive anytime soon. But @ladipale I lactated after my m/c but was only in my first trimester. I had bf and had stopped about 6 months before. 
  • @ladipale, my loss(es) was at 18.5 weeks but my doctor gave me lots of instructions on how to avoid my milk coming in and I was very fortunate that it didn't. I'm really sorry that you are having the constant reminder. If you have any questions regarding the late term loss id be happy to try to help. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @ladipale that is terrible. Sorry you are going through that after everything you've been through. :(
  • @SoontoBeMommaHowe - thank you. I wonder if my milk coming in has to do that I already have kids so my body knows what to do. i always over produced so i'm not surprised, just betrayed more than anything. its hard to feel postpartum without the baby. i'm having all the night sweats and everything like i do when i give birth....
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • MommyampMommyamp member
    edited February 2017

1. Fairly new still. Just had my 2nd mc on 1/6. 
    2. WTO and it's killing me. I just want a normal cycle so I can get back on this wagon.
    3. I decided to start exercising again and focusing on getting on shape as a way to distract myself from all the waiting. I'm ok weightwise but good grief my.muscles are mush.
    4. I honestly don't know. My kids adore The Piano Guys so maybe them. 
  • 1. I'm new here. Just had our first loss starting Sunday, confirmed Monday at 5 weeks. Our bfp was on our 8th cycle of TTC. I'm 27, DH is 28 ****TW**** we have a 4.5 year old DS****END*TW****  I'll probably be p&g today since I'll be in meetings all day. 

2. Status -WTO, TWW, Benched No idea, possibly WTO but meeting with our doctor next week so I'll know more then. 

3. ****TW****DS stayed in his own bed the past 2 nights! The past few months he has been waking up between 3am-5am and coming into our bed. I'm thankful he goes back to sleep with us, but it's so much more comfortable without him!****END*TW**** 

4. GTKY: If you could see any musician or band perform live, who would it be and why?
    I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of overly loud music and being so close to people!
  • @Riversong15 - Im sorry you have to worry about that on top of everything else. But I do agree the activism on fb makes me feel better and gives me some hope.

@ladipale - Im sorry you are feeling postpartum on top of everything else. I hope you begin to feel more like yourself soon.

@SeriouslySirius - Im so sorry for your loss. Welcome to our Board.
  • I am so sorry to see you here, @SeriouslySirius!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • You guys, I am all sorts of confused. First FF has CH on CD8, then 11, then 19, and now back to 11. WTF?! Way to mess with me. I know I should just wait and see what happens to the temp tomorrow. 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited February 2017
    @NYTino24

I'm inclined to think you ovulated on Day 19 because of your major temp shift on Day 20 and the fact you had positive OPKs two days prior. Your pre-O temps in that case look similar to mine and my temps always rise to 98 degrees or higher after O (like yours did on Day 20). I typically O on CD 19. If that's the case, you'd be on DPO 6 today.

Perhaps your body was gearing up to O around CD 11 when you had positive OPKs, but then didn't?

So frustrating when it messes with you like that!
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited February 2017
    @NYTino24 I think FF is seriously confused. I don't think it handles multiple surges well. CM, OPKs, and temps all point to CD19. That's what I'd go with, if I were you.

Edit: have you tried any of the other detector settings? FAM or research? They give me different answers sometimes when the Advanced detector is being weird.

Also, not to feed the crazy, but you can always put in a dummy high temp tomorrow to see what FF does. Not that I've ever done that around O time before... o:)
  • @RiverSong15 I already did that. If it's 97.4 or higher, the CH stay. If lower, they move back to CD19.

• @NYTino24 Weird. I think FF is crazy. I'd bet money on CD19 for you.
  • @ladipale, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am also here after losing #3 at 16w. I didn't have to deal with my milk coming in, but I did have the rest of the PP stuff. The night sweats were the worst. *TW LC mentioned* I wonder if they're from receiving fluids? I had them with DD1, and got fluids. I didn't have them with DD2, and didn't have fluids. *end TW* 

I'm currently benched. My post op appointment with my OB is tomorrow. I never thought to ask her about TTC when we learned of the MC and discussed the D&C. I don't imagine she wouldn't recommend TTC. Other than age (I'll be 35 in a few weeks, DH is almost 40) we're healthy, active people... but I'm still nervous. I'm also still waiting for AF. Who knew that after months of seeing red blood and wishing it away I'd be wishing to see it now. 

My rant/rave is one in the same. Because of the SCH I had been benched from working out for months. I've been back at the gym-hard- for a few weeks now. It feels great. Today's kettlebell class kicked my ass and I'm exhausted. But today I learned my kettlebell instructor is pregnant. My BFF (who takes the class with me) found out a few weeks ago and waited to tell me. I didn't have the heart to ask when she's due because- judging by her just starting to appear bloated belly- I have a pretty good idea. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • sorry you are here as well @BelhurstBride while I had the spotting with my CP they put me on pelvic rest and it was so hard for me not doing yoga so I got back into it about a week after my CP was over and it felt so good.
  • @SeriouslySirius I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone! It was good to get back into things today. I took Monday and Tuesday off so it was my first day this week. I work in a small office with DH so it's nice that I can rearrange my schedule when needed. I would have gotten nothing done had I come in. I was so out of it. But today's a good day, and I'll take that. Besides the cold outside. That could have stayed away but I should expect that. The 50's we have been having are not normal for this time of year, but they will also be back this weekend!  

@NYTino24 I would say CD 19. I'm not great at interpreting charts since I'm pretty new to it but if you were only charting on paper you would assume 19 with the temp spike and return of + opk

@BelhurstBride sorry about being blindsided with the instructors news. The day of my loss I logged onto FB to let a group of friends know and the first thing that popped up was a friends announcement. So now we are literally the only married ones in that group that's not pregnant right now. It sucks being blindsided by things and then having that constant reminder there all the time. 
  • @SeriouslySirius  So sorry you find yourself here.  These amazing group of ladies are keeping me sane.  

@BelhurstBride  My zumba instructor is due the same month I was due : (  It is so difficult to go to class sometimes.  Last week, another Zumba instructor through out that she wanted to do a cake for the other one to celebrate the baby.  I'm praying I get a heads up so I know not to show up.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Sorry for your loss @SeriouslySirius (love the screenname btw)

@BelhurstBride @SP128 it stings so bad to hear announcements and especially ones around the same timing :/ the worst 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• @RiverSong15 It could be an ill-timed "fever", but I'm not feeling sick. I tested a few minutes later and it dropped. A few minutes ago it was like 98.7, soooo whatever. I had a HCG test 4 days ago and it was 0 and I know I'm not KU. It's just mother nature's cruel joke as if this cycle hasn't been a nightmare enough! 

• @SP128, I couldn't bring myself to ask when she was due, but judging by the tiny little bump on her incredibly athletic frame I'm going to guess she's also in June. Which is pretty much why I couldn't ask. 

My follow up appointment went well. Still has no idea what caused the loss. (We had NIPT done and know it wasn't chromosomal.) No idea if it'll happen again. "It's incredibly rare for loss to happen after seeing the HB, even more after the 1st tri." That type of conversation. 

She gave us the green light to try again whenever we're ready. She said she'll handle the next (hopeful) pregnancy however I'd like her to. All the tests and all of the u/s, or relaxed and laid back. (Her usual way.) I don't yet know what I'm going to want/need. 

I've started spotting, so I assume my period is getting ready to start. Which means if my cycle is remotely close to normal I'll be all set to ovulate the week I'm in Florida- without DH. :angry fist:
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker