June 2017 Moms

Movements

Re: Movements

• MrsW524 said:
    @NYCProf  I have an anterior placenta too.  I think I've been feeling movements, but it's so sporadic.  I wish I could tell you how I'm keeping calm, but I'm really not accomplishing that very well myself.  Next u/s is 2/16 to see if my placenta has moved up at all because it was a little low last time.  Until then, I take whatever movement I can get and try to remind myself that there is no actual reason to worry.
    Omg!! My next ultrasound is also on February 16!! Can't wait! Thanks for responding!!
  • I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and also have an anterior placenta, I can only feel kicks near my underwear line, usually only after I eat or if I hunch over at my desk.  On rare occasions I can feel it on my side, since baby is transverse.
    Same here... I feel some taps and wiggles by my lower ab above pubic bone or side. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This week (19 for me) has seen a huge increase in movements  felt.  We had our AS on Tuesday and I got to spend 40 min watching my SON doing somersaults in my uterus, and feeling every move while watching on the screen.  Super awesome experience!
  • I have an anterior placenta but I have been feeling lower kicks, similar to @Stankonia2014 and @NYCProf, low near my underwear line-ish.  However over the past week or so I have been feeling a lot of movements close to my bellybutton... I'm thinking this guy is breech and the smaller movements near my bellybutton are elbows/fists or I don't remember how movements feel by gestational age.
  • One of the babies just booted me in the ribs. This is too early for this :'(
  • @michaela0704 I'm with you... I have an anterior placenta and feel movement way down low, mostly near my bellybutton. They told me yesterday she's head up, but weren't worried and said she's got like 16 weeks to flip, and likely will a few times over by then. 
  • My babe was head down at the A/S on Monday. He kept me up all night Tuesday doing who knows what. Yesterday (Wed) at the fetal echo, he was breech! I guess he was rearranging Tuesday night. He kept showing us the goods at both scans to make sure we knew he was a boy :-) 

• I have an anterior placenta but I have been feeling lower kicks, similar to @Stankonia2014 and @NYCProf, low near my underwear line-ish.  However over the past week or so I have been feeling a lot of movements close to my bellybutton... I'm thinking this guy is breech and the smaller movements near my bellybutton are elbows/fists or I don't remember how movements feel by gestational age.
    I'm noticing this too (anterior placenta here as well).  Lots down low and some much higher.   Nothing really in the middle, but I am not too surprised given the placenta location.
  • Does anyone feel baby more some days than others? Past couple days I felt her quite a but, but not so much today . :-(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennas312 I found movement came in waves (same days with noticeable movement and other days without) until closer to the end of the second tri when things were very regular and consistent.  I suspect in the coming weeks you will notice more patterns and consistent movement 
  • Anterior placenta crew member here as well. 

I just started feeling movement last week at 21 weeks. I feel her in my upper left abdomen or down low only.
  • Just felt her from the outside! Now to try to share with my husband successfully.
  • @jennas312, definitely.  Just remember that like you and I, babies have lazy, less active days too, so sometimes they'll be super squirmy and other days will be chill.
  • I'm so confused. I've been told that I have anterior placentas for both pregnancies and yet have felt a ton of movement all over, both times.
    That does not seem to be normal, judging from comments from a lot of you other ladies. I guess it must be just anterior enough to be called anterior, but not necessarily all the way in front? 
  • edited February 2017
    This might be coincidence and sound wierd, but I actually spoke to my belly last night and told her to move in both Spanish and English and she was moving all night! Since it's anterior placenta, it feels like lots of popping/poking (almost like popcorn popping) on the sides, top and lower ab. Even towards the rectum (tmi)! Omg 
  • I guess on the topic of active vs. chill, around when are you actually supposed to start caring about less movement? I know it's not now but I'm just curious about when in general the amount of movement matters? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • meilay said:
    I guess on the topic of active vs. chill, around when are you actually supposed to start caring about less movement? I know it's not now but I'm just curious about when in general the amount of movement matters? 
    We start kick counts at 28 weeks with my doctor.
  • @ladylolly89 I have an anterior placenta and feel him tons sometimes. Other times it's more near my crotch 
  • edited February 2017
    Finally starting to feel lots of pokes at night and middle of night while I sleep!! Last night and the night before. 22 weeks - anterior placenta... I'll find out on February 16 if it has moved.
  • Adeline was awake at 2am this morning having a party in there.  Lots of kicks and whatnot on my left side.  
  • *raises hand* Anterior placenta as well. Finally started feeling him at 21 weeks.  One of my friends had anterior placenta on both pregnancies, and she didn't feel her first till 25 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Finally accepted that I've been feeling flutters and tiny kicks since last Sunday at 19wks. I'll be 20wks tomorrow. It's a strange feeling since I'm a FTM and it's all been low in the center of my abdomen just above my panty line. I only notice it when I'm relaxed and lounging or laying in bed. He was super active yesterday! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • First day of a ton of movement. She was moving all day kicking and punching. DH got to feel her a lot.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• We have some sibling rivalry going on already. Dd wanted to take a nap with her head in my lap today and he keeps kicking her head! Lol
  • I'm having a hard time differentiating between gas and baby. This morning, I thought I felt some from the outside. I had H come and put his hand on my belly, and she stopped.
  • I'm having a hard time differentiating between gas and baby. This morning, I thought I felt some from the outside. I had H come and put his hand on my belly, and she stopped.
    Same problem with gas or baby! So gassy!!!!!!
  • My husband was able to feel the baby kick from the outside for the first time this evening! It was so fun.
  • I've been feeling small movements for about a week and half now.  If baby would stop using my bladder as a punching bag, I would really appreciate it.....

Anterior placenta here too, so its mostly very low.  DH hasn't felt anything yet, but DS did the other day and the look on his face was priceless!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel like these movements are starting to get serious. There's still not quite a pattern but some of her sessions have been strong enough for me to see my stomach fluttering. Freaky in the coolest way. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My little girl has had pretty consistent movements but I wasn't feeling much today after lunch. So I nudged my stomach a little to wake her up and make sure everything is ok. Now she's definitely awake and giving me little jabs!
  • Anyone else have their babies go crazy when you take a bath? Micah moves around so much it looks like my belly is going to get up and walk away. Dd was the same way. She loved the shower too. So funny. I make little water babies. 
  • 27 weeks and the movements are stronger and stronger. My belly also goes lopsided at times or has a really strange shape depending on where the baby is. 
  • DH finally felt the baby, on my birthday no less! He has felt him one other time since. Now, if I can get this baby to also stop dancing on my cervix making me feel like I have to pee all night, that'd be perfect.
  • HgPaHgPa member
    My boy was quiet over the weekend, and I was starting to worry. Turns out it was just a lazy weekend, and he was in rare form yesterday. My husband thought he felt a kick about a week ago, and definitely felt one last night. His face just lit up! It's our first, so it was a pretty cool moment  <3
  • @HgPa, it always seems like when I worry about less movement, this LO makes up for it the next day. Yesterday was his chill day, today he was all over the place and kicking (or punching) so hard. It was very uncomfortable. 
  • @HgPa Chloe was super active on Friday and Saturday and then not much at all on Sunday morning so I brought out the doppler to check on her :) I feel her a lot every day now so when I didn't I started to worry!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MithKMithK member
    @HgPa it's so worrying when we feel so much movement on one day and assume it's going to be a regular thing, and then LO decides to just chill out after that! I'm the same....I start worrying. Though my biggest worry is that they say you need to start counting the movements from week 28 onwards (which is coming up for me) and they're supposed to move a certain number of times every hour. For now, I'm just enjoying whatever I can feel...but if I actually have to keep track and don't feel anything, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be driving myself a little crazy lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker