July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday BitchFest week of 1/30

Re: Monday BitchFest week of 1/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 I think it would be a lot different if I didn't have an overwhelmingly obvious Native American last name and my MIL who is full blooded and brown, teaches at the same school with the exact same name who is literally two doors down from me. These kids are in a dual language program and openly taught in their curriculum that white people are bad. I've already gotten in trouble twice with the same class because I told the kids they weren't allowed to draw snakes, which in their culture are extremely taboo, because I was being racist (straight from the mouth of the parent). I make every attempt to bring their traditions into everything they do in my class and I also use what words I know in their language when I talk to them. The first day I introduced myself to them in their language (sorry I'm being vague about what tribe they are). They should have absolutely no reason to question whether I respect their culture and their traditions. I have bent over backwards to help them see that I am not like the white people they are taught about so for them to say that in my class when I refused to discuss politics because I don't feel like losing my job gets me pretty heated.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    I'm sorry for your struggles with these children, @cssme13. It sounds like a really tough situation that would takes its toll on anyone with a beating heart.
  • Options
    Agree with @chiquita928. That's a friendship-over move. I can't believe she would talk about it so casually (and the abbreviations... oh, the abbreviations!), but I guess someone who is willing to lie about miscarrying is probably not taking any aspect of reproduction seriously in any way.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 it doesn't help that the same little girl asked the same question to our white PE teacher last week and he chose to answer with his vote and now her parents are demanding he be removed from the district. It's a tough class to teach, all my regular classes (not dual language) are extremely easy to work with and they are the kids that make it worth it, it's just that one class that has almost pushed me to my breaking point.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 I think the fact that she doesn't understand why you're upset is almost as much of a friendship-ender as the original text. 

Also who was the intended recipient of that text?   Who is she talking smack about you with?
  • Options
    kerils said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 Wow. How incredibly insensitive and b*tchy. Also, not to make light of anything, but her comment about "have sex one time and your preg." made me laugh. I happened to conceive naturally, but it took a heck of a lot more than sex one time. My DH and I have had sex more times than I care to count and only twice has it resulted in pregnancy. Silly, silly person. Stupid comment. And such a ridiculous way to act, especially around a friend who confided in you while having a really difficult time trying to conceive. Just, yikes. I really hope Xath is right and that it somehow got misconstrued but I would have lost it on this woman after I found that comment. I really hope you find a way to come to peace with this, no matter how it turns out. 
    @kerils

Yeah I lost count how many times DH & I had sex too. It was definitely a huge number though.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    cssme13 said:
    My BF is an entire class of 3rd graders. I am at an all Native American school on the reservation. During my art class while the kids were working on a Van Gogh project, one little girl comes up and asks if I voted for Trump. My response was "it doesn't really matter if I voted for him or not he's our president. You need to go back to your seat and work on what you're supposed to be working on" Then she asks "well yeah but did you vote for him?" Told her that it was my business not hers and that she should focus on her work. Well she goes back to her table and I overhear her conversation with the rest of her table where a little boy comments "Yeah she's white so she probably voted for him, she's a racist." Uhhhhh what?! I cannot believe that the rest of the kids agreed. I seriously would like to know what they are being taught at home. And maybe it's just hormones but I seriously cried after their class left because I've been so frustrated with that class/teacher in general since I started and this was just too much.
    @cssme13

I am so sorry you overheard that. I hope they're being taught better than white=racist= automatically voted for Trump.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    (snipped)
    @SaphireSweetie88 I was livid and Team Drop That Ho, til @Xath came along talking a lot of sense. I'm so sorry, though. That text is so hurtful and obscene. I hope she has a good explanation, if you feel like letting her explain. It seems very strange that she would send that and then not know why you're upset...which maybe means Xath is right, who knows. Sending you a big hug. I had a one year falling out with a best friend, and it was so so painful. 
    @SaphireSweetie88 I like how Xath is trying to stay positive, but I just cannot give the benefit of the doubt on this. My first reaction was "screw that two faced bitch. I would however, if I were in your shoes, confront her face to face and have a serious talk with her. No person in the correct frame of mind would ever commit what I call friendship treason like that. I would also be curious as to whom this text was actually intended for. Who is she talking behind your back to? Who is she laughing at your infertility struggles with? Yes, the text that you quoted bothers me, but that bothers me more. 

I had a very long friendship as well, since I was 14. Though I was her best friend, she was not mine. And here is why; she has always been around 50-100 pounds over weight or more. My BMI is usually between 27 and 25 (I've never been thin, I am curvy) She always told me she wished she had my body, or that all the boys that she liked had a crush on me instead, and when I would offer to help her to rectify her body confidence issues, she would say she was happy the way she was etc. Jealousy and contempt are not healthy in a relationship. I knew from age 16 that getting pregnant would be very very difficult for me, after being diagnosed with PCOS. This girl had 4 abortions in the 5 years that I was not preventing pregnancy, always hoping that it would happen for me. And she BRAGGED about it. When she finally found a guy that wanted to stay with her, she messaged me on facebook, (knowing full well that in our last fight, (the one where I told her that my horse was healed and competing, you know, the one she told me would never heal and I should just kill) she had told me that at least she could get pregnant and I couldn't) that she was 3 months pregnant. I had the absolute joy and triumph of telling her that I was as well, 7 months along with my son. She called me a lying bitch for telling her I couldn't concieve. Lol

Long story short, the only reason I ever kept her as a friend was that she got herself in so much trouble with men, trying to find love in all the wrong places, and I felt that I had to be there to help her. All she ever did was add negativity to my life, and I am so much better moving on. Women like that ARE NOT worth having as friends. Your friend is obviously a liar and a two faced person. I dgaf about 14 years of friendship, I am happy to part ways if you are disloyal to me. But that is just me.
    @SaphireSweetie88 I cannot believe that anyone would be so heartless. I have no words.  I disagree completely about giving her a chance, personally.  I don't really think that there is any other way to interpret that.  Nobody fakes a MC for any GOOD reason, and certainly not to "make a point" to a supposed friend of 15 years!  
    lph4248 said:
    Agree with @chiquita928. That's a friendship-over move. I can't believe she would talk about it so casually (and the abbreviations... oh, the abbreviations!), but I guess someone who is willing to lie about miscarrying is probably not taking any aspect of reproduction seriously in any way.
    @SaphireSweetie88 I think the fact that she doesn't understand why you're upset is almost as much of a friendship-ender as the original text. 

Also who was the intended recipient of that text?   Who is she talking smack about you with?
    Do you think your friend wanted attention? It's sick, but it almost sounds that way. Almost like she wanted the attention she gave you during your loss. It doesn't seem she has any sympathy or maturity. Making light of a miscarriage is not okay. I just don't get how she doesn't see the issues with her actions. I'd say to stop all contact. At least until she apologizes. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. 

My MBF goes out to someone who told me I better start looking pregnant soon or people will think I'm lying about the baby. It seems silly in comparison, but im sick of people thinking it's okay to comment on my body. 

@virginiaunicorn11  - I may decide to ask her for an explanation in a day or two. I'm not sure. It will depend on how I feel.

@CarsonsMommy -  I'm hoping it's someone I don't know but we do have a few mutual friends :/  I am sorry you had a friend like that when you were younger. That sounds rough - especially the fight.

@chiquita928 - I agree. There is never a good reason to fake a MC.

@lph4248 - I am kind of leaning towards ending the friendship but I want to make sure that's what I want by giving myself a couple more days to think about it. Lol yes her abbreviations take some getting used to. Other than school work, I don't think I've seen her spell out words. If she can abbreviate it, she will.

@Twinkiedoll - I have no idea who she was talking to. She didn't tell me and I didn't ask.

@JulyBaby17 - Maybe. I am not sure but we talked a lot before this so I am not sure why she would feel I wasn't giving her attention.  Sorry to hear about people commenting on your body. That sucks 
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    cssme13 said:
    @virginiaunicorn11 it doesn't help that the same little girl asked the same question to our white PE teacher last week and he chose to answer with his vote and now her parents are demanding he be removed from the district. It's a tough class to teach, all my regular classes (not dual language) are extremely easy to work with and they are the kids that make it worth it, it's just that one class that has almost pushed me to my breaking point.
    That's really tough, I'm sorry you're going through that when you clearly love your job and working with these kids. I'm also a non-native working on a reserve (in canada), and I know it takes a lot of time to gain trust and break through the walls that hundreds of years of colonialism have instilled in people. My suggestion is to ride this out and reinforce that you care about them and their community whenever you have the chance (take that with a grain of salt because I'm not an educator). Tensions are extremely high right now and they're probably overhearing a lot of the fears their parents have at home. You're doing a great job by ensuring traditional teachings are followed and using their language, which shows how dedicated you are to this class, despite the challenges. 
  • Options
    My mbf goes MIL again. MIL absolutely insists that breastfeeding is not enough and that every baby needs at least one bottle of formula a day. I said NOPE. First off, she failed for Sooooo many reasons, that werent entirely her fault. The hospital she had her kids in wouldn't bring the baby to nurse at night and instead gave formula, from 9pm till 8 in the morning, so stimulation to produce the needed supply was absent for four days. Then she said she only had enough to nurse once a day, what she described was engorgement, (ladies, eventually your boobs adjust and are no longer firm, this does not mean you arent making enough milk) and so she only tried to breast feed once a day and formula fed each night and after spending only one day of putting her daughter to her breast every hour to 1.5 hours and her mother declaring that she was starving her child. (It was very formula forward back then) so she just gave up and firmly believes that formula is better than boob. She also told me to start with a bottle right from the start. I said nope, not gonna because of nipple confusion. She said well what if something happens to you and the baby won't take a bottle? I said "well I guess syringe feeding it is then, but formula feeding screws with supply, and I don't plan to do it" supply and demand... another concept she cannot understand. I supplemented here and there, I am not against formula nutritionally, only when it is affecting supply through lack of demand.
  • Options
    I am so defeated. My bitchfest is about our insurance. Beware long story....

We knew we had to change insurance plans come January 1st so we picked a plan that I had researched that covered my OBGYN. So right after the 1st of the year I call my OB. They inform me that on May 3rd they are dropping my insurance company. I go back to my insurance to get OBs that are covered and try to find a new OB even though I am upset, they give me the names of the five doctors in my practice (so dropping in May) and one other doctor. Call that doctor, he is not an OBGYN, just a general practioner. Call back my insurance company and they give me an option called "continuation of coverage" with my OB so they will cover my delivery with my current OB. Fill out the paperwork, and go through the back and forth to get it approved. Call my OB to make an appointment armed with my continuation of coverage info. Nope, won't take any continuation of coverage so nothing after May 3rd. Fine, I am distraught but I decide to at LEAST book an appointment even though I know they are going to cut me off may 3rd since I need to see a doctor and no one is covered in a 50 mile radius but this office. Nope as of the new year won't take any OB patients with that insurance. The "sweet" lady on the phone tells me to call my congresswoman.

I call back my insurance, my "advocate" says since there are no other OBs in a reasonable area to call individual doctor offices and tell them about their "equality/equity of service" program which states one of my out of network doctors should cover me like an in-network plan and they will reimburse them. I know nothing about this program and I am hesitant to try to negotiate it on my own especially because I don't want any financial surprises - the advocate even said they will cover you since there are no "in-network" doctors in the area. Technically there are 6, 5 from the practice that refuse to see me and 1 that is not an OB but a general doctor that somehow got listed as an OB, believe me I called him - he does colds not babies. So I am not comfortable figuring this out on my own because I have been turned down by each office and because the OB offices don't want to deal with this bullshit and I know nothing about the programs/protocols. I call back today after being turned down again because I am out of options. Dude can't get anyone with anyone that can with authorization on the phone after 2 hours of us talking and being on hold. He is going to call back tomorrow after he talks to that office because he is confident they will answer his call in the morning. I have been crying all night. 

TL;DR: I am 17 weeks pregnant with no OB and no idea how I am going to get one. The insurance company wants no part of it and has referred me to try to convince doctors offices to take my insurance out-of-network on my own with no paperwork or knowledge of the program other than it's "name". Now that I have spent a month going back and forth to try to get them to authorize a doctor and throwing it in my insurance's court they can't get the right person on the phone. Insurance sucks :( 

• Options
    @Dcwtada

Ugh that does sound very frustrating. If you don't mind me asking, which insurance do you go through? Is switching insurances an option?
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Cigna - which I thought was a good company. I do not think we can switch though. The doctors is dropping the entire insurance company, not just a plan :(
  • Options
    Can you switch to a different insurance company?
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Dcwtada god girl, I'm so sorry. That sounds like an absolute nightmare. I have no advice to offer other than to say I am sorry this is so stressful and I hope you get it resolved soon. 

@SaphireSweetie88 don't even know what to say in response to your OP other than what she did to you is absolutely awful and shows no consideration for your feelings or privacy. Personally, I at the point in my life where I realized that some friendships are worth my energy, love, and attention and some are not. I don't say that lightly- my wedding party consisted of my two sisters and three girls I knew since I was two. I think some of our closest relationships are with people that knew us when we were young, however sometimes people change and relationships change. I'd distance myself from that woman (at least for now- if not permanently)  and focus your energy on the relationships that provide you with the love and support you deserve. 
  • Options
    @oheliza44  - Thanks
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Dcwtada I'm not 100% sure but ethically, I dont think a doctor can turn away an established patient with a current medical condition because of insurance.  I worked in a specialty practice for 3 years and if a patients insurance changed to something we were not contracted with, we worked with the patient to set up a payment plan.  Would your doctor be willing to help you seeing as how (from what you describe) you live in a remote area with lack of quality medical care?  What would happen if your pregnancy suddenly became high risk?  Would they still just cut you loose?  Something just doesn't add up and I think you should talk to your doctors office again.  FX for you.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    @SquirttheTurtle they said if we want to prepay everything up front they will see me, we make good money but not good money to front a delivery or even the testing etc. with the generous 30% discount they offered. I honestly would have thought, worst case scenario, they would have to see me until at least May 3rd since that is when they are dropping the insurance but the billing/insurance lady said no. I have to believe there has to be some legal precedence here, I am tempted to hire a lawyer but I am also in a bit of a time sensitive bind too - I at least need to figure out a back up. 
  • Options
    @Dcwtada I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. You make my insurance sound like cuddly puppy dogs. I really hope you can figure this out and get them to work together. They should not be stressing you out like this, they should be working for you. I think SquirttheTurtle might be right dropping you completely if they are your only options sounds unethical and possibly against their medical code of honor or whatever it is that makes them do the right thing. I'm not well versed in medicine or law, but still. They can't just dump you with no options. Sounds like both sides are being twaffles. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @Dcwtada this still sounds fishy. DH is an insurance broker and if there isn't a plan participating doctor with in 50 miles, then your current doctor has to accept your continuation of care.  Additionally, since you will be in your third tri by May 3, they have to continue to see you.  I think your insurance broker/company needs to call your doctors office.  

• Options
    Oh it is beyond fishy. I already downloaded, filled out and mailed the continuation of care forms - the insurance care advocate told me it takes 15-30 business days to approve so I wanted to just go ahead and make an appointment in the meantime because, you know, waiting a couple months isn't quite an option. I believe the lady told me exactly this: no more new appointments even if it's before the term date, they can't even get an approval for continuation of care until after the term date and finally, at this point they won't accept the continuation of care anyway so I need to call my congresswoman to complain that my insurance company hasn't paid them. And hopefully if enough people call something will get done...
  • Options
    @Dcwtada Oh, that's awful. I am so sorry! How unbelievably stressful.

My bitch:
    I am now 6 months into my relocation, and my employer STILL has not figured out my payroll. I was switched from biweekly to monthly payment...and they just forgot to pay me this month. Rent and bills are due, and we have no money. Even if they wire money today, it goes through a third party, so will take a few more days.
    In addition, they owe me several thousand dollars in reimbursements (essentially, another month's pay). 
    I am so angry, and stressed. 
  • Options
    @Dcwtada  I just don't understand how they are refusing to see you while they still accept your insurance.  That's like going to the grocery store and using your AmEx and they tell you that they will no longer accept AmEx after March 1 so they wont accept it now. Have you been dealing directly with the insurance company or with a broker that works with your employer?  I really think the broker or the insurance company need to speak directly to your doctors office to work on getting this right.

• Options
    @Dcwtada WOW. That stressed me out just reading it.  I can't imagine what you are going through!  FX that everything works out.  They can't just drop you.  That's unethical and you definitely have a case.  Stay positive for your baby girl!  So sorry that you're going through that!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can't prove it, but I feel like my boss has had it out for me since I got pregnant again. I just got a time warning this morning after being thrown under the bus last week for an error she actually did. It wouldn't surprise me. She tried to make my life hell with my DD too. 
  • Options
    @PurplePoppy424 that's quite possible, I have seen bosses taking advantage of people like that, dont let it get to you. From
    now onwards  just make sure your on top of your game though. 

Ive forgotten my MBF, this weeks thread is by far the most tragic, friends not being friends, insecure kids being psychologically exploited, MIL not producing enough milk, and insurance Mishap!

@Dcwtada I think you'll be able to resolve this, your situation sounds insane. Try not to stress out and I kind of agree with your husband about talking to doctor aswell. Just make sure you have everyone on your side.
  • Options
    @Dcwtada I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sounds like you have lots of good ideas to resolve this (including contacting the media and your mother's friend). No advice to offer, but I hope this gets figured out quickly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lfk2013 said:
    I'm totally side-eyeing the "Desperate for Some Advice" thread. Yup, I'm a horrible person...but it feels a little fishy to me.
    Ha, I totally embrace my judginess.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    lfk2013 said:
    I'm totally side-eyeing the "Desperate for Some Advice" thread. Yup, I'm a horrible person...but it feels a little fishy to me.
    Me too, I was ready to get out the popcorn, but I ended up reading a whole bunch of sound advice.  Hrmph.
  • Options
    @lfk2013 @GlitterFish @chiquita928 I was so ready for another ultrasound "what's the sex of my sideways baby!" post. The popcorn was popping. But, I don't know, it seems like a lot of dates and info to fake if it's fake. Either way, I hope everything works out ok for her and her baby. This must actually happen to people sometimes. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    *scampers off to go read*
  • Options
    @kerils Yeah so many dates and info that I was a little like, that HAS to be made up.  A US every week?  Weird.  But, hey, either way it was some sound advice.  I can only imagine how stressful a situation like that might be.   Everyone has a story and you never know, so even though my spidey senses went on alert, I'll stick with benefit of the doubt.  I just figured it was going to be a giant entertaining sh*t show.  Clearly I was wrong.
  • Options
    Second that the multiple, multiple dating scans seem odd. Anyone ever hear of a medical reason for so many? Even for a high risk pregnancy it seems excessive.