February 2017 Moms

Old Wives Thread

Ok. I decided to start it to keep things all in one place for those of us who are into this weird, hippy, homeopathic stuff. 

I am 37w5 today. Had cervical check and there's a whole lot of nothing going on even tho I've been doing dates and RRL tea. Starting acupuncture tomorrow. I wish I could walk more, but NYC weather + pelvic pain is making that difficult. If nothing happens by this weekend. I'm doing it guys. I'm gonna have the sex. 
Me: 36, H: 37
FTM, 2 Furbabies
married 03/17/07
lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
due: 2/15/17

Re: Old Wives Thread

• Loading the player...
  • MommaBean said:
    There's a full moon next Friday... 
    I just looked this up!! 
  • @Patience7150 pineapple is supposed to be great for BFing too!
  • 37 + 4 and I'm also trying all the things! Have been doing acupuncture, drinking the RRL tea, having sex, and walking a lot and also doing squats.  I don't know if any of it will work - but I love the acupuncture  
  • I had curry both on the thursday & friday evenings before my water broke on the saturday so im saying that worked for me!
    & +1 to raging heartburn & a full head of hair.
  • homemake said:
    None of it workksss. 39 weeks-- did spicy food, pineapple, sex, nipple stimulation,walking. 

Still pregnant.  :'(
    Same date, same stats, same current status. Well technically I haven't tried pineapple but I somehow doubt that's the magic bullet. Won't be trying castor oil and probably won't be trying acupuncture except to beat an induction (cheap and lazy). 
  • I had curry both on the thursday & friday evenings before my water broke on the saturday so im saying that worked for me!
    & +1 to raging heartburn & a full head of hair.
    I made curry last night for dinner + added sriracha for spicy. 

Still pregnant! 
  • 37w and change here - I am trying RRL tea, pineapple, Larabars (the only way I can get dates down) and wicked spicy stuff. So far, still pregnant - and still having very regular contractions for the 3rd week in a row. But I am sooo happy to hear Friday is a full moon! Here's hoping haha. Also, this Sunday is the Super Bowl and I've been joking the whole time I'd go into labor then. Maybe it'll work ;). If nothing happens this weekend, sex is happening.
  • Pineapple needs to be fresh, not canned. It's the bromelain in it. I think mangos also work :) lots of walking, lots of stairs, labor ball, nipple stimulation, and sex I think are the best options for "inducing".

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Pineapple needs to be fresh, not canned. It's the bromelain in it. I think mangos also work :) lots of walking, lots of stairs, labor ball, nipple stimulation, and sex I think are the best options for "inducing".
    Excuse me, papaya. And potentially kiwifruit and figs.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• RachelbdRachelbd member
    edited January 2017

My first baby came on a full moon, so I am going to do all the things leading up to it and hope it will work too! Just actually ordered RRL and evening primrose capsules, which should be getting here Friday. I will be buying some pineapples this weekend too. I also told H that we have to start having sex like, everyday.  I'm so ready!

• I had all the plans to start dates and RRL tea last week, and got busy and it just didn't happen. Total dates consumed so far is a whopping 2. 

I can't bring myself to touch pineapple, because HEARTBURN. Ugh.

I think at this point I've just resigned myself to see when he wants to come on his own. The only things I'm doing are lots of birth ball sitting, and seeing about some chiropractic adjustments.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Ooooo @peachesnbean I love papaya but always forget about it! Great excuse to go get some, labor inducing or not. For pineapple, do you have to eat the core like back during TTC days or is the yummy part supposedly helpful as well? I don't put too much stock in any of this but I like fruit anyway so might as well give it a go.
  • I only have to make it until Thursday for my scheduled c-section, but I'm so miserable at this point, I've had more sex in the past week than I care to. My H has raging hormones apparently, and I just want this baby out! I've also tried some hot wings, and I do far too many stairs in my house on a daily basis. It hasn't worked this far. She's still in, no regular contractions, and she's hanging waaaaaaaaaay low! All the pelvic hurts
    and the sex has been shut down! 
  • My water broke after two rounds of sex.. about 12 hours later. 
  • 37+2, not doing anything yet for natural induction - but on the dates and RRL tea train for helping things go well once labor starts! 
    I'll definitely be buying pineapples and making sex happen daily if we get to EDD!
  • I think I'm just going to try the fun ones this week like eating pineapple which I love anyways and walking more/doing squats during the work day has been helping my back pain a bit. I'm not 37 weeks until tomorrow though so maybe as it starts to get closer to 40 I might be adding in more things. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I also did a massive amount of bouncing on an exercise ball if that helped any, i duno that it really did.
  • @Xstatic3333 no one likes papaya that's crazy talk. 
    Really!? It's so tasty! It is very hard to tell if they are ripe though, so I usually have to get an overpriced sliced in half one to be sure.
  • Papaya smells like vomit with a garnish of feet. The first time I ate it was at a women's creative writing group. Someone brought it and sliced it up fresh. I couldn't figure out why no one was freaked out that the fruit was spoiled and kept eating it. Lol.

But Thai green papaya salad is delicious. Totally different.
  • Maybe papaya is one of those things like cilantro that some people are genetically predisposed to hate. Unless I'm just the only one who likes it. Bueller? I had it for the first time while on vacation in the DR so I might have a much more positive association with it.

Anyway to keep this thread on topic, just did a nice long walk since it's about to snow here and then I'll be stuck in the house until everything melts. It definitely makes the baby feel lower, but it's getting so tough. I got at about half the speed I used to.
  • @Xstatic3333 honestly I'm not sure about the core- if it contains more of the enzyme or not? 
    I do know that the canning and preserving processes messes with the enzyme. 

Have you guys tried strawberry papaya? Yum. :) oh and the full moon! Yes everyone go for a walk on the full moon while mowwing on a fresh pineapple!

• Love papaya!  It does make a difference in taste when eating fresh in a tropical location though.  I never tried any of the OWTs to induce labor, mainly because I tend to delivery early anyway.  I did get a pedicure with an ice foot massage the day before my water broke this time.  Who knows if it was related though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MommaBeanMommaBean member
    edited January 2017
    MommaBean said:
    UO: I think all of this is bunk and babies come whenever they want. Another one: I side-eye people who complain that they're "still" pregnant when they're barely term.
    This rubbed me the wrong way. A lot of people here have struggled with being pregnant and had complications. I'm not side-eyeing anyone who is "done" being pregnant. ANDPLUSALSO the folks on here have acknowledged this stuff doesn't work. No one is asking their dr for a medically unnecessary induction or scheduling a c-section so they can get back to their pilates schedule. 

That being said, I'm being induced next week for medical reasons whether I like it or not. So feel free to side-eye me all you want for bouncing on a damn ball, having sex and using RLL and EPO. I'm just trying to make the induction a little easier with a stronger uterus and a softer cervix. I would love to let her stay as long as she wants but I can't. 
    It's not the "done" part, it's the "still" part. I just think, "you're 37 weeks, what did you expect?"

Do you, girl. I'm not side-eyeing any of that, just expressing my UO that I don't think it'll make a difference in when your labor starts. Best of luck to you. 

ETA: except the acupuncture and acupressure - i do think there's something to that, physiologically