December 2016 Moms

All Things Feeding

14567810»

Re: All Things Feeding

• @jennbaylor12 try putting coconut oil in the flange thing. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• leksiL said:
    @jennbaylor12 try putting coconut oil in the flange thing. 
    I have putting coconut oil directly on my nips this entire 8 weeks... :-/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jennbaylor12 did you ever nurse? I ended up with a knarly case of thrush from nursing 3-4 times in 1 week. I had sore/bruised beeping breasts, bright pink nips, sore sore sore nips, and pain that sometimes got worse when pumping.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @jennbaylor12 did you ever nurse? I ended up with a knarly case of thrush from nursing 3-4 times in 1 week. I had sore/bruised beeping breasts, bright pink nips, sore sore sore nips, and pain that sometimes got worse when pumping.
    I did... i nursed the first week until i got mastitis. How would I know if i have thrush? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I did... i nursed the first week until i got mastitis. How would I know if i have thrush? 
    Lurking from sept 16- I hope you don't mind me sharing. 

I nursed and had such sore nipples for the first 6 weeks. What saved me was this home made apno cream. It will work for thrush as well because it has a antifungal in it. 

1. Home made APNO:

1. 1 tsp neosporin

2. 1 tsp monistat or other vaginal yeast cream (7 day with 2% miconazole)

3. 1 tsp 1% hydrocortisone ointment

4. Mix all together in a container and place a tiny bit on nipples 3x a day after

breastfeeding/pumping

5. Use a warm facecloth to wipe off any residue before latching again. 

• @jennbaylor12 I noticed that I had a constant 'bruised' feeling, super sore nip that would never relax, and my nips were super bright pink. When I described that to my OB she just wrote a script. The APNO cream should take care of anything&everything though if you try that. 

• How long can you leave out bottles that are half and half formula & breastmilk? I made a bottle a while ago that was 2 oz premixed formula and 3 oz breastmilk thinking that LO would wake up around midnight to eat. Its 1am and shes still sleeping.... which is awesome but I hope I didnt just waste 3 oz of breastmilk in a bottle i have to dump! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• One hour... it's like discarding formula an hour after baby started drinking it. I totally get the frustration of having to throw away good breast milk  :/
  • I would go by the expressed milk rule of 5 hours. I used to pump the first night bottle before I went to bed and left it next to the bassinet so I didn't have to get up. Now he occasionally makes it longer then 5 hours so I had to stop. Formula is good for 24 hours as long as baby didn't drink from it isn't it?
  • LandJ13 said:
    I would go by the expressed milk rule of 5 hours. I used to pump the first night bottle before I went to bed and left it next to the bassinet so I didn't have to get up. Now he occasionally makes it longer then 5 hours so I had to stop. Formula is good for 24 hours as long as baby didn't drink from it isn't it?
    ^This is correct. As long as it hasn't been started formula is good for 24 hours if refrigerated, and 6 hrs without being in the fridge. 

If the bottle has been started, it is only good for 1 hr as the formula will breakdown faster than the BM(2-3 hrs).

• Thanks ladies! Fwiw... It was "fresh" formula... she hadn't had any yet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker