November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/22

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/22

• Options
    @SandNStarsNJ yea doing an extra during day but he didn't want him going too long at night either so I feel like I either potentially screw up his long sleep or I lose my few hour stretch. 
  • Options
    @kvruns my little guy was 8lbs 15oz at his 2 month (also 9 weeks). None of my other kids were huge, so this wasn't terribly surprising to me but I do feel kinda bad he is little. But you're not alone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leighry how often does he eat? Mine goes 3-4 hours during the day and Dr said should do 2-3 instead but it isn't like I'm withholding food from him to make it 3-4. Mine seems happy and healthy just tiny 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @leighry how often does he eat? Mine goes 3-4 hours during the day and Dr said should do 2-3 instead but it isn't like I'm withholding food from him to make it 3-4. Mine seems happy and healthy just tiny 
    Mine is 2-3 hours a day and sometimes even less but I'm functioning on demand still so there are the occasional ever hour. To put that in perspective, he was two months yesterday and is 17lbs which is a bit excessive. I think 10 lbs is pretty good for two months, but I realize all our doctors could very well contradict each other. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    @kvruns we just had the 2 month check up today and she was 10lbs 4oz at 9w4d. It's weird how each doctor is different. Mine is not concerned about her weight because she is staying on the same percentile curve.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @SandNStarsNJ could you go out to lunch with friends? Or maybe have someone what the kiddos while you go to the gym for an hour?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @kvruns he is usually every 2-3 day and night. Sometimes I'm lucky and get 3.5 hours at night. My pediatrician isn't worried. He is happy he is gaining and just said that if he seems content between feedings he is fine. He said if he starts being fussy all day to supplement if I want or nurse more often. I am on demand though so if he does seem fussy or I want him to go to sleep I'll nurse him or go for a drive haha. But when I go back to work I'll probably have my husband do at least one of his night bottled as formula and see if that helps him sleep better. My pediatrician didn't tell me to wake him at night if he slept for long periods. I wish he would!!!
  • Options
    m6agua said:
    @SandNStarsNJ could you go out to lunch with friends? Or maybe have someone what the kiddos while you go to the gym for an hour?
    I want to! But everybody works... which reminds me, anybody have any experience with care.com? I was chatting with a fellow "want to workout but have no one to help out" mom and she said she found a sitter on care.com who she trusts so much that she would leave her LO overnight with the woman. I don't know this mom all that well so I'm curious if anyone else has? Or has a suggestion for finding a babysitter? My in-laws are retired, but moving out of state and my mother is an hour away and still working full time so family sitters are far and few between.
  • Options
    m6agua said:
    I want to! But everybody works... which reminds me, anybody have any experience with care.com? I was chatting with a fellow "want to workout but have no one to help out" mom and she said she found a sitter on care.com who she trusts so much that she would leave her LO overnight with the woman. I don't know this mom all that well so I'm curious if anyone else has? Or has a suggestion for finding a babysitter? My in-laws are retired, but moving out of state and my mother is an hour away and still working full time so family sitters are far and few between.
    I interviewed one person from there. It seems like the site makes people think to charge a lot. The person wanted $10/hour which is a lot for my area for regular home childcare. I ended up putting out on FB that I was looking for recommendations and a couple friends of friends were interested. I interviewed them and picked one.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    I haven't used care.com but I just joined a babysitting/nanny group for my area on facebook.  I haven't actually used a sitter through the group yet but I like that it gives me options that are somewhat vetted by other families already. (I'd still do my own background check, interview, etc) it may be worth looking into if you have that option in your area.
  • Options
    Maybe it's time to get back on FB... I deleted my account a LONG time ago.
  • Options
    I used care.com before and had two good babysitters. They were college or just post college so they tend to be more pricey. It's a subscripton and that can be pricey too. I only did it for a month, found two then quit.

We we recently moved to a neighborhood with lots of kids and a few of babysitting age. I'm probably going that route for now.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I might look into it. I feel weird stalking the neighborhood. 

In shameful mom news, in order to eat breakfast I have LO on a very soft blanket staring at the ceiling fan. It makes him giggle and squirm so it can't be that awful. Right?
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ not shameful at all! Genius idea actually. I hadn't thought of using the fan to entertain her. I usually put her in her swing and hope she doesn't wail the whole time I'm scarfing down food at 110mph.
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I put mine on his play mat (though the toy bars aren't attached bc they seemed to overwhelm him) and he likes to lay/giggle/kick/squirm so I will put him there when he's happy to wash bottles, eat, etc. What's wrong with it??
  • Options
    I hear you eating is hard guys! We had my husbands work holiday party and him and our friend he works with were making fun of me for how fast I ate! I told them that I have to eat fast always to tend to the baby so that's what I'm used to now. 

We have know his work buddy since our school days so it wasn't so weird for them to call me out.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    I usually put M in his swing and pull it right up to the table. He feels like he's with me so he's usually decent! Or I slap the breast feeding pillow on my lap and stick my boob in his mouth while I lean forward and eat. Whatever gets you some food! 

Every morning this week I've been awake before baby. He's in hour 11 now. I've pumped 7 oz. he's sleeping our day away. I wanted to get things done. It's 11am! 

Tonorrow ow I get to go get my hair done!! And daddy gets to stay home alone with baby for the first time (he's 3 months) I think we're both really looking forward to it!!
  • Options
    So I just got this new phone case in the mail and I kind of love it. I have dropped my phone probably 30 times while nursing this kid and this phone case helps me hold on to it. Thought I'd share if you're like me and have butter fingers. 

https://www.loopycases.com/
  • Options
    @MrsMaryK2016 I saw that case on FB and wondered about it. DUring his first month of being held 24/7 I would constantly drop my phone as I started to fall asleep it was bad. Hope you like it 
  • Options
    It's good to know we all have a desperately try to eat strategy. I'm on day 26 of Whole30 and man is it a process! I entertain LO while prepping, then nurse him to sleep and cook, then put him in his activity mat, under the ceiling fan, or under the mobile to eat. I love Whole30 but I think I'm going to default to simply Paleo after this so prepping and cooking are less involved. 

@mrsmaryk2016 - I've never seen that case - how creative! I'm a big phone dropper and swear by my DUALTEK case. I've dropped it everywhere and I've never even scratched my phone. Even my 2 yo can handle it without damage. I actually found it when the cell store guy threw his phone across the store and asked if I wanted that kind of durability. I was sold. 
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I think I've said it before but you are amazing for doing a Whole30 right now! I know how time consuming food prep can be.

I hope to get back to eating better soon. Our freezer in our fridge crapped out so we upgraded all of our appliances. We will be getting them on Monday, but until then we are trying to keep the fridge bare for selling it on Sunday. Oh and we sold our microwave yesterday so now we have to heat everything in the oven/stove.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Thanks @m6agua. I waited a full year to get back into nutrition after my first baby so I have resolved to kick it in gear much earlier. 
  • Options
    I sold a couple pairs of maternity jeans trough my local fb group. The girl said she left the $$ and goes sorry that $7 of it is in dimes. What the heck? Who has that many dimes or the desire to count it out lol 
  • Options
    A friend sent me this link, it shows what a baby can see for the first year of life. Pretty interesting! 

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/this-gif-shows-what-a-baby-can-see-every-month-for-the-first-year-of-its-life/
  • Options
    I love that @desoky01!

And the dime thing is kind of hysterical @kvruns. Which kind of reminds me to start putting some maternity clothes away... I'm hesitant to give any away because I'm holding out for a third kid, but we shall see. 
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ she also put the $$ in a Nuk BM storage bag which also made me laugh 
  • Options
    @kvruns that is hilarious. Thanks for the good laugh today. I can't believe she put it in a bm bag! 
  • Options

desoky01 said:
    A friend sent me this link, it shows what a baby can see for the first year of life. Pretty interesting! 

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/this-gif-shows-what-a-baby-can-see-every-month-for-the-first-year-of-its-life/
    This is awesome. I wonder how truly accurate it is because S tracks her sister at swimming lessons. I asked her to find her sister and every time she looks right at her from 20 feet away with several kids around her. Weird coincidence, but I swear it's happened multiple times several different days. The GIF indicates that is highly unlikely to happen. 
  • Options
    camcbeth said:

desoky01 said:

This is awesome. I wonder how truly accurate it is because S tracks her sister at swimming lessons. I asked her to find her sister and every time she looks right at her from 20 feet away with several kids around her. Weird coincidence, but I swear it's happened multiple times several different days. The GIF indicates that is highly unlikely to happen. 
    Perhaps LO is tracking sound? Every time our oldest is talking, LO follows her voice around the room, house, etc...
  • Options
    It's so busy at the ymca with sound from all directions. So when I ask her to find her sister she still looks I the same direction. There's a kiddie pool to the right, bleachers where we sit with people passing by in both directions, her sister slightly to the left with a bigger pool and more bleachers farther to the left. S's head always stops at her sister just to the left. It's weird.