November 2016 Moms
Options

AW moments

2»

Re: AW moments

• Options
    This might be a stupid question but how do you hold the baby while NIP? I've nursed him at homeboy without a pillow or blanket to help prop up and it kills my arms in no time 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    This might be a stupid question but how do you hold the baby while NIP? I've nursed him at homeboy without a pillow or blanket to help prop up and it kills my arms in no time 
    In the carrier, it holds the baby and head without hands. Otherwise I cradle his head in my elbow and that arm runs the length of his back to his butt. I use the other hand latch, cross my legs to elevate his head and we're good. If I need more arm support behind his head I shove the diaper bag under it. Hope that's descriptive enough!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    In the carrier, it holds the baby and head without hands. Otherwise I cradle his head in my elbow and that arm runs the length of his back to his butt. I use the other hand latch, cross my legs to elevate his head and we're good. If I need more arm support behind his head I shove the diaper bag under it. Hope that's descriptive enough!
    Is that the football hold where he is to your side or are you holding him in front/across? I used to be strong but not doing any lifting during pregnancy has killed any strength i had 
  • Options
    Across the front. I know what you mean on strength - this kid is pushing 20lbs and my back has been killing me. Try to just relax your shoulders and let him hang into your arm. 
  • Options
    Just thought I'd share an app that I've been using to keep memories of LO. It's called 1 second every day, and you take a one second video each day (or however often you want) or upload a video and trim a one second portion. Then the app makes them into a video! If you want to see an example I can try to figure out how to send it to you, or I'm sure you can look one up. I thought it would be a great way to track LO's first year! I wish I had thought to start it right away, but I've been doing it for about a month now and it's fun! 
  • Options
    desoky01 said:
    Just thought I'd share an app that I've been using to keep memories of LO. It's called 1 second every day, and you take a one second video each day (or however often you want) or upload a video and trim a one second portion. Then the app makes them into a video! If you want to see an example I can try to figure out how to send it to you, or I'm sure you can look one up. I thought it would be a great way to track LO's first year! I wish I had thought to start it right away, but I've been doing it for about a month now and it's fun! 
    I just bought this app and it's great! If you have live photos on your iPhone then you can even pull snippets from those if you don't have actual videos each day. So cute!
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ - What carrier do you have that you can nurse in?
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ - What carrier do you have that you can nurse in?
    The Boba organic
  • Options
    Tried the balloon around the leg game today as she's recently discovered her hands.  She's been enraptured for a solid 8 minutes. This is awesome!
  • Options
    Yes!! I'm so glad someone else is enjoying it too!!
  • Options
    @jsmai I have that same outfit in newborn size! I'm sad she doesn't fit in it anymore.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    ok I need to get a balloon!

• Options
    What a gorgeous head of hair @m6agua!
  • Options
    DD typically will only nap for 30 minutes at a time.  Today, a two hour nap AND a three hour nap.  I've already done all the house laundry and dishes!!!  Holy cow,  this is awesome! *side note* my boobs are about to explode because she's sleeping in the room where the pump is. 
  • Options
    Had a catch-up meeting with my work team lead yesterday at 11 and took E with me. She fell asleep on the way, woke up around 11:50 and was happy and entertained being passed around.
    Ate (only a little) then was perfect at Chipotle with me and some coworkers. We went back to the office and hung around about another hour. No problems! Fell asleep on the way home. 
    We did this about a month ago too and I was sure it only worked cause she was so young, haha. 

My only selfish complaint is that it altered our routine obviously. She wouldn't go back to sleep after her 9am feed this morning since that's when we got out of bed yesterday. :p 
  • Options
    hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited February 2017
    All these accomplishments! They're growing up :sleepy:
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited February 2017
    LO kept breaking out of her swaddle this weekend so last night we kept her arms out of the swaddle and it was a success!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    no fight @m6agua ? lucky you!!
  • Options
    m6agua said:
    LO kept breaking out of her swaddle this weekend so last night we kept her arms out of the swaddle and it was a success!
    M has been doing this for a while and I know I need to try arms out but I am dreaddddding it. 
  • Options
    Look into the super swaddle/double swaddle. Can be used with the velcro type swaddles as well. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    no fight @m6agua ? lucky you!!
    Yeah I was absolutely surprised, we had tried arms out a couple weeks ago and it did not go well.
    m6agua said:
    M has been doing this for a while and I know I need to try arms out but I am dreaddddding it. 
    Yeah she had been sleeping through the night all week so we decided with the combo of that and breaking out that we should try it.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    jmama1611 said:
    DD slept in her crib for the first time last night and transition from bassinet to crib didn't change her regular sleep patterns. :)
    The question is how did you sleep? I sleep soon much better when he's not in the room. Infants are crazy loud sleepers!
  • Options
    jmama1611 said:
    DD slept in her crib for the first time last night and transition from bassinet to crib didn't change her regular sleep patterns. :)
    The question is how did you sleep? I sleep soon much better when he's not in the room. Infants are crazy loud sleepers!
    I am so glad we ended up just doing the crib and not the pack n play in our room as planned (pack n play is still here but we just use the changing table part). He is so loud I can't imagine I would have ever slept 
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited February 2017
    LO is in her crib in her own room since birth. I am really glad we decided to go that route. However we have the monitor on all night. I go to bed a few hours before H and I sleep the best at that point because there is no monitor and I don't hear LOs every little noise. Once H comes to bed my quality of sleep is not as good. I am currently trying to convince H that we don't need the monitor at night. She is right across the hall from us and I would be able to hear her if she were to start crying. The problem is I am a light sleeper and he is a very hard sleeper. The monitor could be pretty loud right next to him and it would take him a while to wake up to it, so he would never hear her without it.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @m6agua after the night feeding I usually sleep in the guest bedroom which is right next to LO's room. I usually will crack the door open and keep the monitor off because I'm a super light sleeper and he makes a lot of noise while trying to fall back asleep after the feeding. If I have the monitor on (which I do sometimes) it will constantly go off and drive me crazy. I definitely say if you feel like you'd hear if she really started crying then go sans monitor and see how it goes.