October 2017 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• @Raincity The old groups had moderators, but at that time, moderators were volunteer members, and these ones were really tight with all of the bullies. Mid second trimester admin kicked off and banned the moderators which caused a huge uproar on the board. I think my old group was the group that broke the bump! I have a much better feeling about this group!!

@mommac2017 Was your mean group April 2015 by any chance?
  • @s_corrigall, nope, we were May 2015. I came back to the bump right after the huge uproar. It was actually nuts!! People getting just slammed with insults for asking a question! It was a very "mean girls you can't sit with us" vibe. Basically if you didn't contribute 100 posts a day, you weren't welcome to ask your own question. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @BumpAdmin @BumpTara can we get a sticky on this please?
  • kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited January 2017
    @relax&smile2 . I was in Sep15 too! I still post there actually. 
  • LouiseStarLouiseStar member
    edited January 2017
    SwtAnana said:
    @LouiseStar hey here! I'm also a physician...what's your specialty??

Nice!  I am ER.  You? @SwtAnana
  • @LouiseStar Nice! I'm an anesthesiologist!
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• ^^I feel like i should reiterate all the words of love & joy i had for the anesthesiologist that did my epidural with my DD. I'm pretty sure in my joyful state i was spewing how loved he must feel doing his job. lol I'm sure you guys get that a lot right? hahaha
  • @Mommaswizz  You know, most of the time patients seem to ignore the role we play in taking care of them lol.  I have to admit that my OB patients tend to express the most appreciation (but I'm sure it's because they're also the most conscious lol)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Realy @swtanana ?! lol Leave it to women in labor! I'm pretty sure if i could have stood up and walked to the cafeteria, i would have bought my anethesiaologist dinner that night muahaha. Seriously on behalf of all people who didnt have to experience as much pain during labor, surgery, etc... THANK YOU! 
  • Realy @swtanana ?! lol Leave it to women in labor! I'm pretty sure if i could have stood up and walked to the cafeteria, i would have bought my anethesiaologist dinner that night muahaha. Seriously on behalf of all people who didnt have to experience as much pain during labor, surgery, etc... THANK YOU!  

Awwww! On behalf of all anesthesiologists thank you and you're welcome! 
     :) 

BabyFetus Ticker

• 1) What's your EDD? From online it looks like October 14th. Haven't had an official apt yet. 

2) Do you have other children?
    yes! DD is 3. 

3) Where are you from?
    LA, Cali 

4) How old are you and SO?

i am 27, DH is 32. 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Congrats to everyone!!!! So excited for y'all! Love all the new intros coming in! Anyone an October 14th due date with me!? 

• @AlandkeriA how cool! My DD and I are two weeks apart. I love it! 

• sjohns908sjohns908 member
    edited January 2017
    @firefly72533 I'm so jealous!! My oldest will be 8 in March, which means 8 straight years of diapers and another 3.5+ years left (none of my 3 kids have potty trained before their 3rd bday. My youngest will be 3 in march and still not interested)
  • Hi everyone! Super excited to be on this journey with all of you!

This is my 1st, my hubby and I decided to start trying early January, and boom,  yesterday we got a BFP!

I'm 19, I'll be turning 20 just after baby is born (EDD 9 Oct)

I'm from Queenland Australia
  • firefly72533firefly72533 member
    edited January 2017
    @sjohns08 Don't be jealous.  I had to resort to bribery!  If DS pooped on the potty for a week straight, he would get the "big boy Spiderman bike" he wanted. It took about 7 weeks, and a couple visits to view the bike at target, but he finally did it.  5 months later and he's doing great, no accidents (now I need to find wood to knock on). 
    I hope your 3 1/2 years old finds interest before baby number four comes! I don't know how you do it.  3 kids? Some days I think that one is enough. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @firefly72533 oh I had to bribe my older two to get them to potty train too! DD was 3 when she potty trained, but she took a lot longer to "get it". DS was 4, but he picked it up super quickly and in less than a week, we were done with pull ups altogether. I had to make a chart and whenever he went, he got a sticker. Fill up an entire column of 12 boxes, he got to go somewhere fun (children's museum, play place at chick fil a, the zoo)

My third is turning 3 in march and acts interested, but has yet to ever go on the potty. I don't have high hopes she'll be out of diapers before this baby comes 

3 kids is crazy, but let me tell you, it makes a HUGE difference that my older two are in school full time lol. We never thought we'd have 4, we were sure we were done at 3. But the littlest was such a unicorn baby and the idea of a big family appealed to us. But we are ABSOLUTELY done at 4 lol
  • @MrsRuby2012 Hello from a Vancouverite! 

• PCS924PCS924 member
    edited January 2017
    Hello!  

1. My EDD is October 5th. 
    2. This is our first. 
    3. We live in Florida. 
    4. I am 32.