Pregnant after IF
Options

New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

Re: New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

• Options
    @dragonfaerie lol I felt the same way about the reclining bed. Take your pain meds. The worst pain was over me at one week of being home and then got so much easier where I wasn't in that much pain. Hang in there. 
  • Options
    @ultratomato I am definitely struggling, so I'm glad you didn't have a lot of issues with recovery. When I first get out of bed I can't stand upright cuz it hurts. 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie yes!! I had the same thing. The worst is when Viktoria was crying so hard at night and it took me so long to get out of bed because of pain. I'm four weeks post csection and functioning completely normally now but still feel discomfort. My stomach still looks six months pregnant too. That's the worst part for me now. 
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie -you are probably having an even harder time bc you went through a full labor before you had the c-section. It's major surgery so take it easy. My pain wasn't all that terible after the hospital bc I refused any pain killers besides tylenol. My abs are still tender though 8 weeks out. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie I feel you on the pain. Holy God. I have found sleeping on my left side is comfortable. Getting up takes an act of Congress. A friend recommended a belly band. She is supposed to be bringing it to me. We shall see if that helps any? But really, drugs. They are the only thing keeping me going. And I had low iron, so I'm unable to stand on my feet very long without feeling like I'm going to pass out. Hopefully we will be back to normal soon. In the meantime, I'm asking for all kinds of help!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    @clt2pwm11 @Griffin5413 thank you ladies. It's hard to feel helpless. I have low iron right now too so walking is a trial. DH picked up percocet today so hopefully i will start feeling better.  Baby steps!!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited January 2017
    @dragonfaerie I had a full labor before my c section as well and my recovery was pretty rough . I had a lot of people tell me c sections were easy and boy that was not my experience . I'm 8 weeks post partum and now I'm feeling pretty good . But yes , I would say for the first 4-5 weeks getting up and down was very difficult . The incision never really hurt much but my abs just felt like they had been ripped apart (I guess they were ) . My advice is to just take it super easy and really let other people take care of picking the baby up and doing chores . My midwife told me my only job during the first four weeks was to breastfeed the baby . I didn't listen to her and I would clean and go upstairs to organize baby stuff because that's how I handle my anxiety . But after I wasn't recovering as quickly as I had expected and got an infection I decided to let others help me out more . It's hard to feel helpless but you just went through a very challenging labor and then a major surgery and you deserve to let others help you out !! 

By six weeks I felt up for exercise .. even some light abdominal exercises but I take them very easy and modify them if I experience any discomfort . It will get better - I was in so much pain even with meds and never thought I would be at where I am now . Take good care of yourself !! :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @mskeenan Yeah, I've had one person say something about c-section being better and it was like "come close,  let me tell you how this feels." Lol. We ladies certainly have a hard time letting others take the reins, but it's so important 
    I took a percocet and now I'm wondering why I deprived myself. I'm obviously not at 100%, but it was an infusion of life! I actually have an appetite and was able to not walk around bent in half. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had a c-section, so my idea might be not helping..
    How high up is your bed?
    Here we get blocks under our beds which is really helpful. 
    I'm pretty tall and just not having the bed low was awesome.
    I had trouble with not having my abdomen work proper while pregnant and I could roll on my side, push me up sideways and sat upright to get out of bed. As the bed was higher I didn't need extra muscles to stand. I wasn't up fast, but I didn't need to use the muscles too much.
    Of course my belly wasn't cut open, so it might not help you at all @dragonfaerie.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @dragonfaerie I could only sleep half sitting for the first few days also because getting up was very painful and I couldn't stand up straight. After a few days though I started sleeping on my back and now I can sleep on my side. Did they prescribe you pain meds? I would definitely take them. That's the only thing that helped me in the hospital initially. I'd say I was fully functional about a week after the c section. I was also advised by my doctor and a few others to walk around the house as much as possible. That helped me get back to normal quickly as well. 

@tvh1982 I'm the opposite. My guy is still in newborn clothes at 3 weeks and I thought he'd grow out of them sooner for some reason. We didn't get a lot of newborn stuff so I've had to do a few loads of laundry. 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @Tulips29 same here I had a lot of newborn and i returned them thinking they would grow out of it quickly but just over 4 weeks and I can see some of them getting tight on them. Why do different brands fit so differently it's fustrating. 
    So ladies when did you take your babies out in public? I only take them to Drs office appointments and go home. We went once to my parents house and that was it. I was debating to go to a super bowl party but I just don't know. Also do you keep your babies away from kids? 
  • Options
    @tvh1982 my bed is pretty high, and I think that's a big help for sure
    @Tulips29 I didn't take the percocet at first, but now I am and it definitely made a world of difference.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato - we took him to the grocery store and things like that fairly quickly but they were short trips. I've just started taking him out for a little longer in the last 2 weeks and he will be 8 weeks on Wednesday. I'm trying to start getting him into a routine of getting up and around a little. It's easier now that he is more alert to get out more. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato Because it is winter and there are extra illnesses out there right now,  the doc recommended we wait til Wee is 2 months before we go out in large crowds. I probably won't wait that long,  but I will wait a month at least. I won't purposely keep him away from all kids, but I won't put him around lots of kids (i.e. church nursery) for a few months. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato I'd take them lol Luckily in our experience, parents have been doing a good job of telling their children to "look but not touch the baby". Usually if I take Cason out to a super public place, I make sure to give him a bath that night. Not sure if it's actually helping, but it gives me peace of mind that I'm washing all the yucky germs away lol. Knock on wood... he has yet to catch even a little cold.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited January 2017
    Pia and I were allowed to go out on a stroll when she was 11 days old @ultratomato.
    They advised that I would just walk around the playground in front of my house (due to my blood loss) and slowly start going further. 
    As it could be very overwhelming both physically as emotionally.
    I drove to the stores as I needed diapers and was fine. My sister texted she was going to town so if I wanted to meet up, so I waited instead of going home.
    At one of the stores I ended up having my body give up, emotionally getting overwhelmed and sat crying on the store floor. Luckily lovely moms where in the store that right away said 'first day outside?' So they understood and my sister just walked by the store.
    We think about our babies and worry about them, but we forget sometimes that we need to take it slowly too.
    After that meltdown it went much better, so the week after I took Pia with me for lunch, a birthday party and a gettogheter for our Sinterklaas celebration.
    What I do notice, and she still does this, is that she's not herself at night or the day after. I notice that she reacts on all the impulses as there is a lot to take in for these small ones. 
    My midwife did warn me about that. Some babies are just fine, others need time :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    @ultratomato I've only had Viktoria around friends and family. Of course there are still germs there. She's one both old now and so far so good. We did go on a stroll once when it was warm out. I still don't feel comfortable taking her to super public places like grocery stores but I also don't need to since my husband is home. Ps. Your twins are adorable!! 
  • Options
    @ultratomato we've only had Aiden around family (parents, siblings) that's it and only at our house. Otherwise, we haven't had anyone else at the house and haven't taken him anywhere else, especially around other kids. I've gone on walks with him after about a week. The weather hasn't been the best here in NYC, so I just bundle him up so he's warm and we go out for about 2 hours. He loves sleeping outside.  We're waiting until he's 1 month to introduce him to friends. The doctor said not to take him to crowded places now that it's winter and more illnesses/germs are out there. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    Thanks ladies I will talk to pediatrician on Wednesday when they get their shots they will be one month and one week then and see what she recommends. 
    Thanks @Drove2u taking pics of two babies at the same time is hard 
  • Options
    I have a TMI question to ask...

Any Mamma's having their periods back?
    I didn't get a break and exactly 28 days after Pia it started. It was insane.
    Thought it was a one off.
    I have PCOS and have been regular (which surprised my RE) but I hardly noticed. No pain, no cramping, just a tiny bleed and all was over within 3 days!
    Now it feels like my uterus has woken up and making it baby ready every month and is very pissed off once she realises there is no baby. Like seriously pissed off! 
    Im in serious discomfort and not used to this. Has it changed for anyone else?
    Will anything get back to how it used to be?!?

***TMI is over!***

• Options
    Nothin here @tvh1982 but probably due to breastfeeding . My midwife did say it was still possible it could come back and even with more regularity . I have never in my life been anywhere close to regular (I get 1-2 periods a year normally ) so I will be shocked if it happens .. but I know someone who did fertility treatment and after having a baby was totally regular . Bodies do crazy things . Ugh !! So sorry you are not feeling so great :( 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @tvh1982 my first one came 6 weeks after birth & lasted about normal time. Oddly enough, I had no cramps during day 1 or 2. TMI* after it was over I had brownish discharge that went away a few days later. I think it was jus risidual grossness. We'll see if I get in again in 2 weeks.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Wanna hear random, ladies? Currently we are in the middle of a long day/night of cluster feedings. I am propped up in bed,  letting Wee sleep on me so I can just transition to the next feeding as soon as he's ready. I just dreamed that DH and I made cardboard box beds for our twins (huh?) to sleep in cuz they weren't sleeping well. It was the middle of the night,  but we still were taking time to decorate them with markers. Meanwhile,  four of us had mattresses and were setting them up to camp out together and we all were commiserating about our lack of sleep. What the heck brain! Lol 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the strangest dreams still too. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited January 2017
    Thanx for the feedback ladies.
    My midwife did mention I could get pregnant easy (or easier) after Pia...maybe this is a good thing.

Hahah @dragonfaerie! Pia is 13 weeks today and I've had weird dreams every single night. Sometimes she even cries in my dream and someone tells me to wake up as this is not a drill! And well she really is awake! :smile:

• Options
    Do any of your little ones have issues with gas? Eli will grunt and strain like he is in pain. I know it's gas but it's so hard to watch. I've been trying gripe water and it seems to help a little. I am going to ask his dr about it on Thursday at his 2 month check up
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes @griffin5413 I have the same concern . Vince has his two month check and vaccines (ouch ) and I'm gonna ask about it .

i am soooo worried about my poor baby getting his shots 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Pia had tons, but that was also due to the cowsmilk allergi. 
    She still has gas, sometimes she has no problem passing those, and sometimes you see/hear her discomfort.
    Ive been told a little is normal as they are still adjusting.
    As with breastfeeding...maybe some foods trigger it?

• Options
    @Griffin5413 and @mskeenan I have the same worry with Aubrey she gets all red in the face and grunts and looks like she is really pushing hard so we help her by doing some leg exercises to get it out and rub her belly.

i do have a question we feed the babies formula right from the fridge and don't heat it up is that a good or bad thing. My dad thinks it's bad and that's why the girls have hiccups. Opinions please. Btw we make a big pitcher of mix so it's easier to feed them
  • Options
    I've been told that you may give your baby cold formula, preferably room temperature then right out of the fridge.
    Some babies don't mind, others hate it.
    My paediatrician said not to do it often as you wouldn't like your dinner cold either. 

As for the hiccups. Pia had them everyday (even in the belly) she hasn't had cold milk just yet. So doubt those relate.

• Options
    @ultratomato I don't believe the hiccups and cold milk is related. Cason has hiccups quite frequently and I've only given him cold milk on 1-2 occasions when we were out and had to give him a bottle unexpectedly. I have no idea the pro's & con's to it on a regular basis. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @ultratomato I also don't think the cold formula is related to hiccups. Aiden had them every day in my belly and still gets them every day or twice a day now and he's breastfed. I can't comment on the right temperature but I do believe room temp might be better than cold. At least the infant formula the hospital was giving us said to keep at room temp. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @ultratomato I haven't heard that you can't give cold formula. I think some babies are pickier than others and don't want cold milk. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato Viktoria actually hates cold milk and won't drink it. She usually drinks it room temp. She also has hiccups every day and had them in my belly too. 
  • Options
    So Viktoria typically naps downstairs during the day in the changing part of the pack n play. Idk. She likes it there. And at night I bring her upstairs to sleep in her rock n play. At what point are you having your babes sleep in their night time sleeping place during their naps? When she naps downstairs it's louder than upstairs. At some point though she won't be fitting in the changing part of the pack N play and will have to sleep upstairs. 
  • Options
    Pia slept away from me when she was 2 months. Before that she was attached to me 24/7 ish. 
    I would have her sleep in her bassinet before if she'd let me.
    I don't darken her room at all during the day. So she knows the difference between day and night.

• Options
    Eli usually naps on his lounger during the day where ever I am. I agree with @tvh1982 that you shouldn't darken the room or lower the noise bc you want them to know the difference between day and night. I think I am going to have him sleep in his crib soon for his naps though. Just so he gets used to it. I am moving it into my room since right now he is in his cradle.
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aiden sleeps in the pack n play downstairs during the day because that's where I am and I can keep an eye on him. I also don't change the noise level or make the room darker. At night he sleeps in his crib in his room. Although lately we're having trouble putting him to sleep at night. He sleeps perfectly fine during the day and when it's time to put him to sleep around 9-9:30 pm he starts screaming. Usually we have to walk around with him in the arms and rock him to sleep or give pacifier and we can't put him in the crib until he falls asleep. We don't have this problem during the day. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    We just started having he girls nap upstairs and sleep upstairs as well in their rooms since when visitors came they would wake the girls up to hold them or talk to them and we didn't want that anymore. We do have their swings downstairs which they sometimes take naps in and they have their activity mats which they like to play on when they wake up 
  • Options
    Oh and we got a white noise machine for at night which seems to help to have the noise in the background