February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 1/23/17

13»

Re: Symptoms Thread 1/23/17

• I don't know if this should go here but I don't know where else to put it. So I was just minding my business, sitting at my desk and then all of a sudden my face starts pouring blood. Like my hand, shirt, and chin covered in blood. But I cant even tell where it came from? There was nothing in my nose, I didn't see my gums bleeding, I don't see a cut on my lip. I just don't even know what happened. It was sooo much blood though...eek.
    What?! That sounds... creepy. I would think bloody nose, since that's pretty common in pregnancy. If it were coming from your mouth, you would taste it.

Oh I did taste it, it was awful. So I checked my mouth first and found nothing. And my nose had nothing. It's a mystery. I'm not surprised though because every time I brush my teeth I lose like a pint of blood and I no longer produce snot, just blood. But it was still not a fun experience!
  • @jlellis603 same thing happened to me twice last week. i sorta freaked out because i've never had a nose bleed before. it's crazy to see that much blood and feel no pain. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @krob I know! I feel like I've lost so much blood being pregnant but then I remember I haven't even gotten to the labor part yet.... I'm in for a rude awakening ;)
  • Anddddd it just happened again. Out of nowhere, suddenly. It's definitely from my mouth because I was like "why am I drooling" and I went to wipe it and my hand was covered in blood. Can't figure out where in my mouth though... no cuts and when I get to the bathroom, my gums aren't bleeding.
  • Ewww @jlellis603 that sounds terrible. I only ever got the inside of my nose cracking and bleeding thing 
  • @jlellis603 wth?! Call your doc...?
  • @PerraSucia yeah I feel like I could understand if it was my nose because that's a thing in pregnancy apparently. Or when I'm brushing my teeth extra hard or something maybe. But you're right, its pretty terrible/gross.

@MommaBean you think so? I didn't really know if it was a concern or just a sucky symptom

• @jlellis603 def call your doc, but it could still be your nose and it's draining into your mouth. Because again...this happened to me. 
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • krob said:
    @jlellis603 def call your doc, but it could still be your nose and it's draining into your mouth. Because again...this happened to me. 

Omg that's terrifying. That there would be that much blood to spill out of my mouth but it came from my nose. I'll give them a call see what they think. When this happened to you @krob did they say anything about it really?
  • Whelp I called and explained to one of the nurses what was happening and she was like "uh yeahhh we will want to see you" and I said "even though you saw me this morning and I know bleeding gums is a common symptom" she said because it was so much, yes. I get there and the doctor was like " I'm not sure why they had you come in, we cant do anything" ...... ooookay then...
  • @jlellis603 think of it kinda like post nasal drip. ear nose and throat are all connected. sorry they made you go in the office. 

@Patience7150 lol just don't doubt it and you'll be fine. lol
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • Bloody spit or blood pouring out of your mouth? Bc it sounded like the latter and that sounds not normal! Did your doc have an explanation for it?
  • Terrible lower back pain today and lost the mucus plug. Been sitting against a heat pad for a while, but my back hurts so bad! No contractions though :(
  • My edd is next Friday. Today the bottom side of my belly button piercing (pierced on the top side of my belly button) started stinging. It's this annoying sharp stinging pain. I think it's trying to rip. It's so ridiculously tight. Soooo I started rubbing coconut oil on it today to hopefully help it be a tad stretchier. Thank GOD this is the end and my belly couldn't possibly get any bigger to cause it to rip, right?! Right?! It never stretched this bad with my daughter. This go around my belly button was popped completely by 25wks. With my daughter, it didn't pop until like the last 2 weeks. 
  • MommaBean said:
    Bloody spit or blood pouring out of your mouth? Bc it sounded like the latter and that sounds not normal! Did your doc have an explanation for it?

Blood pouring out of my mouth. I legit thought I couldn't control drool and then realized I was pouring blood. Nope the doctor was like, hm well bleeding gums are very common. Maybe see your dentist? That's all she gave me. She said my blood platelets were awesome at the beginning of pregnancy so there's no point in testing them. I just find it all so weird...
  • Anybody else like....extra sweaty? I'm so sweaty and gross for no reason.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Anybody else like....extra sweaty? I'm so sweaty and gross for no reason.

I get hot during the day, but I sweat terribly bad at night while I sleep. Everytime I wake up during the middle of the night, my boobs and upper chest are wet, my shirt is damp from it. Oh and I guess down between my legs gets pretty sweaty too. 

Last night, I think I had my first boob leak this pregnancy. When I woke up, I had a quarter sized spot on my shirt. I'm so glad it didn't start earlier than this.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sooo.. Baby has been super low and I've had a lot of crotch discomfort-- especially when she gets low and on my cervix. But I started doing EPO 2x a day (one oral, one vaginal) and now I feel like I've pulled my groin and she's pushing a lot more on my cervix... 

Stupid question of the day: does that mean its working? Or am I just more pregnant with a huge baby? I'm getting my cervix checked on Monday so I guess I'll found out then.
  • Does anyone have any magical nesting dust to send my way? I have been dead exhausted all day long. I have hardly gotten off the couch and in and out of sleep throughout the day. It's a good thing all my stuff is packed and ready to go just in case because I have zero energy and no idea why.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger sleep, girl! Give your body what it's asking for - the house stuff can wait. 
  • Been feeling like crap all day. I got up this morning to tackle laundry, changing sheets, vacuuming and couldn't stand for five minutes without feeling as if I were going to faint. Been lying down all day feeling weak in general. Ugh! So much to be done!
  • Maybe TMI (but what isn't at this stage???). Does anyone else have a sort of... strain/pressure in the area between your vagina and thigh? It feels almost like a swollen muscle. 
  • die frau said:
    Maybe TMI (but what isn't at this stage???). Does anyone else have a sort of... strain/pressure in the area between your vagina and thigh? It feels almost like a swollen muscle. 
    Yep! It has been really bad since the baby dropped. I can't walk around for more than 10 mins at a time without the severe discomfort of it. 

Oh wait. Are you talking about in the leg crease?