Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 1/25

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:

CS/Q:  

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any fun stories? (stolen from TWW)

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: WTO Wednesday 1/25

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3 after break

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU:  all the things -bbt 

R/R: I have to go get bloodwork here soon at 8am and then later my sister is coming over because she texted me last night begging me to bake cookies with her. Lol so just a relaxing kinda day 

CS/Q:  

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any fun stories? (stolen from TWW) no real reason or story behind it. My mom said I was going to be patience and always tells me how glad she is that she didnt...... because I am totally not a patient person lol 
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Options
    @lulu1180 There is absolutely no need to apologize. Don't worry about not being ready to talk about it. We're all here for you if you decide you want to talk. T&P with you and your family
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kaitlink33 - Good luck with your blood work! I hope everything is just as it should be.

@hartmich - Zika is the worst. And the list you have to avoid when TTC is the worst. This should be the easiest thing in the world for people who want it. It sucks that it isn't.
  • Options
    I'll be back for my full post, but just wanted to send best wishes to @lulu1180. Take your time and know we will all be thinking of you. And we will be here if you need people to talk to (but totally understandable if you don't want to talk).

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @lulu1180 so sorry for the awful news :( 

Everyone's name stories are so cute!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10 -thinking I start my FW tomorrow according to FF but may start doing something about it tonight just in case/for fun :)

WAYDTGKU: light charting, PNV, fish oil, started OPK last night, got TCOYF from a friend yesterday!

R/R: Rave: I have the day off and am so excited to spend it being lazy and snuggling with my sweet kitten. My house is super clean so I don't even feel bad not doing anything. Rant: I'm home because, as you all know, I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and my face HURTS. Recovery is def worse than the procedure. But DH was so sweet yesterday doing everything I asked. 

CS/Q:  

My dad had a special nickname he called my mom because he loved her eyes and I came out with those same eyes so they went with that!
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 

• Options
    @lulu1180 a thousand hugs your way
  • Options
    Still have no idea what's going on, so I'm gonna lurk today.
    @KariAnn323 My parents were convinced my twin would be a boy and didn't have a name for her when I was born. My name came from a baby book and is a close rhyme to my maiden name.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @kiki2628 - Yay for darker OPKs! Enjoy your day off :)

@ag90 - Enjoy your kitten cuddles while you heal! Feel better soon!

@crazypuglady - Sorry for all the OPK madness! Hopefully you get an answer soon. I'm the same way with names. DH and I want 2 (if we're so lucky). We have about 10 options (and growing) for girls. Every time we see a new show/movie/etc. one of us will end up going "I like that name" and add it to the list. So far, we only settled on one boy name. If we end up with 2 boys, it's going to be a struggle naming the second.
  • Options
    @lulu1180 sorry to hear this, take all the time you need.
    @KariAnn323 yay for a positive opk!
    @kaitlink33 yum, have fun baking cookies!
    @hartmich zika is a bitch! Hope you can decide on a place to relax at!
    @kiwi2628 enjoy your day off!
    @crazypuglady I hope your opks get darker soon!

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPK, EOD, Preseed

R/R: not much other then this rainy weather soon to be snow again is a debbie downer.

CS/Q:  

Nope.  Pretty boring over here.
  • Options
    @kiki75 - what does your H do? Is he a pilot? For a major airline? I'm super scared of flying, but knowing they test makes me feel better. 

Also am I going crazy or did you slightly change your s/n?

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    lundlund member
    edited January 2017
    Month/Cycle: 6/8

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: not much right now aside from PNVs. And I think I'll be adding baby aspirin to my already-long list of daily supplements. Why the heck not. 

R/R: For anyone following my dog's UTI saga (@wabash15 ?): the vet called us with the sterile urine culture results, and he has a "tough strain of e-coli" so they're going to start him on doxycycline. The vet was very glad we did the culture, since Clavamox isn't effective for this strain of e-coli. Nevermind that they just sold us $140 worth of Clavamox, and we've spent about $400 on it from previous UTIs. I wanted to ask the vet if they would've just let us keep giving our dog Clavamox for years without insisting on a culture to figure out why it wasn't working...

Anywho, I'm very glad we did the culture, and very glad we'll finally be utilizing the right antibiotic to *hopefully* cure him. 

CS/Q:  

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any fun stories? (stolen from TWW) Ummmm, no terribly fun stories. I'm not shy - my name is Lindsay, and my parents were trying to decide between Lindsay and Leslie. If I had been a boy, my name would've been Tyler. 
    ETA - my mom's best friend nicknamed me Lulubell, and "Lu" has stuck with me ever since :) 
  • Options
    @Kiki75 - MH is the exact same way when it comes to work! It drives me bananas. He is brilliant at his job and gets endless praise. But the minute there's something high priority or high visibility, he freaks out and acts like he doesn't know what he's doing. And of course he pulls it off fabulously. I just wish he wouldn't do that to himself (and me). Oh well.
  • Options
    @lulu1180 sending you good vibes. We're here for you whenever you're ready to talk about it <3

@hartmich ugh, it's very frustrating that even vacations while TTC can't be easy or simple. Have you considered Arizona? I know there's no beach, but it's warm, has no zika threat, and has some beautiful areas. 

@kiwi2628 enjoy your day off :)

@crazypuglady ugh, it's weird to say, but I'm sorry you have to keep HIO. I totally understand how it can get old! Heck, I'm over it after 2 or 3 days in a row. 

@Kiki75 sorry you have to deal with YH being a cranky spaz every year. You'd think he'd calm down a bit after the first couple experiences with testing!
  • Options

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Charting, timing

R/R: I thought for sure O day was yesterday, but my temp dropped even further this morning. Eff.

CS/Q:  

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any fun stories? My first name, my parents just really liked. My middle name, though, is after my late aunt...however, it was also a name used in a REALLY popular song in the 1980s about a "lady of the night". So that's fun.
  • Options
    @KariAnn323 yay for O soon!

@hartmich There are so many amazing places besides the Caribbean! If beaches are your thing, what about the beaches around the Mediterranean? They are warm and sandy and beautiful! Think Malta or Croatia or Cinque Terre! Or if you wanna explore something other than a beach, Iceland is beautiful or Paris for the romance. Or if you are looking to stay closer to America, what about seeing Yellowstone or Scottsdale for relaxing and pretty, or Boulder or DC for a city. Sooooo many places to travel!

@LuND sorry about the resistant UTI. Did they not culture in the first place? Some hospitals don't culture with UTIs which I find bizarre. We literally culture every. single. UTI. at our hospital and I usually am glad we do, because resistance is up in the world of over-prescribed, over-ultilized but under-managed antibiotics. Glad you have switched to a better drug. Are they doing a longer course or antibiotics (4+ weeks?) or just the standard 2 weeks?

• Options

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: PNV, temping, CM

R/R: I don't think I have anything to rant about today, thus far. Rave: I'm planning on going up to the mountain to do a bit of light hiking. Cross your fingers I don't get lost like last time.

CS/Q:  I don't know if this is the right place for this question, if it's not I'll post it somewhere else. I plan on switching to MH insurance once it goes into effect on March 1st. he brought up an interesting question. I don't think I'll get KU before then since I don't think I've O since coming off of BC earlier this month BUT if I somehow do, will I be able to get on his insurance? Will it be considered a "pre-existing condition"? Would it even matter if it was?

My dad is actually who named me but if you ask him where he got it from he'll say he doesn't remember. My aunt seems to think he got in from a Spanish soap opera. My name is Felicia and even though it's pronounced feh-lee-see-ah I'm had to endure plenty of "Bye Felicia" jokes. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lulu1180 as everyone else said, take all the time you need. Big hugs to you and your family

@hartmich there's no Zika in Hawaii... 

@LuND I'm so glad they finally figured out what was causing the UTIs, how frustrating! 

@Dilynne thank you for sharing that article. It was intense and real. I'm glad you found comfort in it. Sending you hugs

Month/Cycle: 

CD:  17

WAYDTGKU FET cycle, day 2 of lupron, continuing bcp until Saturday 

R/R: nope

CS/Q:  

no fun stories, my parents just liked the name and the meaning behind it.
  • Options
    lundlund member
    edited January 2017
    @wabash15 I will absolutely push for the follow-up cultures. I didn't ask if they'd take it back, but maybe they will since (like you said) it's individually wrapped. Thanks!

@kiwi2628 oh hey vet friend!  I've discovered that veterinary care in this area of ND is abysmal at best. I live 75 miles from this vet, so they're mailing us the doxy - so I don't know if it's a 2 or 4 week course. Here is the saga from last week (ETA spoiler box): 

My DH took our dog in to the vet today because he has his 5th UTI in 8ish months. During his last vet visit they did an xray looking for stones or masses: no stones or masses.  He's had kidney specific blood-work done, and it's normal. 
    First UTI he was on clavamox for 10 days. 
    Second UTI he was on amoxicillin (pretty much same as clavamox) for 2 weeks. 
    Third UTI he was on clavamox for 2 weeks.
    Fourth UTI he was on SMZs for 10 days.  
    So DH takes him in and they look at his history and they said that they can either get a sterile urine sample via needle to the bladder and send it off to an out of state lab, or give him another round of antibiotics. I was assuming that the antibiotics they'd prescribe would either be different or for a longer duration, and if we can avoid the needle to the bladder, that'd be ideal (I was incorrectly assuming that the procedure was a bigger deal than it is, and would be very stressful for my dog).  My DH messages me that they let us skip the sterile urine collection, and gave us 2 weeks of clavamox
    WHY THE EFF WOULD THEY GIVE US THE SAME TREATMENT THAT'S FAILED THREE OR FOUR TIMES???????????????????????? Isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing over and over expecting different results?????
    Poor DH got an earful (that was directed at the vet, but I still apologized). If I'd known that they were going to write a pointless prescription, I'd have opted for them to do the sterile urine collection right away. Apparently they are't any other antibiotic options (uuuuuh?????), so we ended up having them get the sterile urine sample. I didn't realize it was such an easy procedure. We should get the results within two weeks. 

• Options
    @LuND of my god, 5 UTIs and no culture?!!? Poor pooch! And yea, a cystocentesis sounds terrifying but is so quick and easy. We probably do 5-10 a day (for various reasons). I am so sorry you are going through that. Also cannot believe the closest vet is 75 miles away. My town has 6 different vet clinics- all within a 10 mile radius! Welcome to the northeast. Hopefully the doxy works. Just FYI- we usually recommend doing another cysto 1 week after finishing antibiotics to make sure the UTI culture is negative. If its negative and another UTI happens, you know its a new infection, and then you look for causes of recurrent UTIs (such as a recessed vulva vs a bladder polyp vs uretheral scarring vs other) as opposed to if its a positive culture still you know that its actually just one single UTI thats hard to get rid of and you need longer courses/multi-modal antibiotics. If your vet doesnt recommend it, maybe still something to consider.
  • Options
    @lulu1180 so many hugs for whatever you're going through <3 

@hartmich I agree with you about Zika. It's so frustrating. We have a ton of Southwest points so it would be free and quick for us to go to Mexico for a long weekend but we can't. I was actually doing some research last night as I'm also itching for a trip. I looked into a Santa Barbara/Channel Islands trip for April as it will be warm then. Also San Diego is always fun and warm! And then as others have mentioned, Phoenix or Scottsdale would be a good place for a long weekend to relax. 

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Options
    @kiwi2628 Yeah... it's just one of the many examples of the standard of vet care around here, unfortunately. I really wish they'd told us how quick, easy, and relatively cheap the cycstocentesis was in the first place. They made it sound like a big ordeal. I will absolutely insist on a repeat cysto a week after finishing the doxy. Just for background, he's a 10 year old male Rhodesian Ridgeback. 

I used to live in Fort Collins, CO where there's a vet office every block. But, this area of ND is like the wild wild west of Siberia lol. We do have one vet in town, but OMG are they scary. Like, their surgery room is behind the one and only exam room, and they routinely do surgeries with the door open for everyone to see. I witnessed a poor cat not having been given enough anesthesia and it started howling during it's surgery. And, I took them a urine sample (at the beginning of this whole ordeal), and they were perplexed because the urinalysis was positive for nitrites....... I was like "um, even I know that's a common occurrence when a bacterial infection is present." Scary scary scary
  • Options
    @LuND so glad they can finally get your dog on the right antibiotic!
    @feeislove I'm no expert but if its open enrollment regardless if you happen to get pregnant they should not be able to deny you.  You can always double check with your insurance company.

• Options
    @shortstack930- My sister legit cried when she found out her 2nd was going to be a girl. She loved the bond she had with my nephew and wanted more boys. Of course now she can't imagine any other result.

@canonmom413 -Sorry you're having a rough day. We've all been there. *hugs*

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • Options
    @hartmich I just saw this deal pop up for flights to the Canary Islands! $394 round trip from east coast cities ( I forget where you live) There;s no Zika there yet :) 
    https://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/deal-alert-canary-islands-from-394/

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Options
    @hartmich I just saw this deal pop up for flights to the Canary Islands! $394 round trip from east coast cities ( I forget where you live) There;s no Zika there yet :) 
    https://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/deal-alert-canary-islands-from-394/
    ooooo canary islands! Too bad I cant travel those months or I would snatch them up!
  • Options
    @canonmom413 I'm sorry that hit you so hard. Hugs lady