February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 1/23/17

Re: Symptoms Thread 1/23/17

• @Janefelicity Post partum sweating is the worst! I'm three weeks out and still dealing with it. Hoping it will taper off soon.
  • @Gretchypoo +1 to snoring. I woke up feeling gross - sweaty, swollen, arms kept falling asleep last night. And then DH tells me I was snoring on and off all night. I'd normally probably laugh, but I got all teary eyed - mostly cause I feel gross and hormonal in general and this is the icing on the cake. He felt sooo bad and wished he hadn't told me.
  • Loading the player...
  • +1 to snoring...I feel so embarrassed. H had the decency to not say anything until I randomly asked him the other day (he was commenting on it early on, but I think he felt bad so he intelligently STFU about it). I still got really weepy about it. 
  • @poetryandoceans it makes me so nervous not to be able to wear earplugs when baby comes.  H is an awful snorer and he's actually moved to the guest bedroom this week because I wake up so much even with earplugs.  But I feel like when the baby comes we're either never going to be able to sleep in the same bed again or I'll never get any sleep.  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CurlyCupcake21 Has your husband been worked up by an Ear Nose and Throat doctor? They can give you a sense of what is causing the snoring. My husband looked into it to see if there was anything they could do. And there is!! There are a few different options. However, my husband sings in a band on his off-time, and he doesn't want to do anything that could impact his singing voice. He told me if I really needed him to do it, he would, which is of course so clever because how can I insist after that? But as long as your husband doesn't have a singing voice he wants to protect, you may be able to get some relief that way. 
  • @poetryandoceans ugh, I have such a hard time even getting him to the PCP but that is a good idea! I should probably just keep badgering him until he goes because it would be good if there was some relief from it for both of us since I end up kicking him all night to stop the snoring.  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @leslie1331 it's just your hands? You should take your BP
  • I am uncomfortable and sore all the time but sometimes it's quite painful. It does feel like this baby will fall out but I know when the time comes it won't be so easy. Heartburn is worse and nothing helps. I am getting over a bad cold and some sort of stomach virus but the heartburn still causes me to throw up sometimes. My appetite is gone except for ice which I am eating like mad. (I need a new bag almost daily-pounds each day) 

After all this I still don't want her to come yet. It is only 2 weeks early but I would much prefer either a couple days early or a couple days late. I want to grow her as much as I can and the parents are still getting ready. They have been warned that it can really be any time. 

I mentioned internal exams in the appt thread. Does anyone know if internal exams can start labour? I had heard it wasn't actually true, not proven but I am nervous about it just the same. 
  • I'm having some weirdness today... it started last night, I had a sudden spurt of very rapid BH and major pressure, but I had to take the dogs out and it pretty much stopped so I thought oh well. Then since I woke up, I had minor cramping, but not in a pattern like labor contractions, just a constant dull aching, but now I have this super strange feeling down there, but it's not like an internal thing, but more like a bone thing. Basically it feels like my pubic bone has a headache or cramps of its own. Ugh, I have recently become super paranoid that the baby is coming soon, so I feel like I'm constantly checking myself by thinking, ok is this a real feeling, or am I paranoid and imagining it? but this feeling in the pubic bone area is real and very weird.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PerraSucia good call, I didn't even think about it! And just my hands, but it came on pretty fast. I'll run to the pharmacy and check it out in a few just to be safe! 
  • This is probably TMI. . .

I was going to put this in Randoms, but since skin tags came up again,  I can add to that. I have a ton,  on my back, on my neck,  under my boobs, etc that seem to have come from this pregnancy.  I am prone to them but not like they have been.   Sometime this summer I noticed a big one in my armpit. I thought it was an ingrown hair and tried to mess with no luck.   It has made shaving difficult.   So randomly in the shower last night I tried pulling on it and it came off! There were actually 2 together,  both came off and I am so relieved, lol 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    @Patience7150 I feel just as confused as if I were a FTM, this pregnancy has thrown me completely off from what I was expecting. Everything about it has been so much different than from my other two. I'm constantly going between thoughts of 'you know what actual labor contractions feel like, so chill' , and 'omg should I call my husband home from work so I don't give birth in the living room??'  I've been through it twice, and I still have no clue what my body is doing sometimes. (Like this pubic pain, what is it doing??) 
    I feel you! I've been pregnant before and both are so different. I actually called the case room last night because I was feeling constant pelvic pressure and it made it seem like my abdomen was tightening. I described it to them "I think this baby is going to fall out of me tonight". After being told to lay down for an hour, I did it and started slowly feeling better. 

I'm not feeling that pressure at all today so it's all just one big mind fuck. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @kswiger06 I feel like whenever you post a new symptom, I have it too. Our EDDs are just a couple of days apart, so I'll be curious to see if we're on the same "schedule." I was so uncomfortable I had to work from home today.
  • Apparently I have started snoring too... Last night I slept like crap, and woke up at around 4am for the millionth time. H got in bed soon after (he was working graveyard), and while I SWEAR I was still awake at that point, he tapped me and told me to change position because I was snoring. I am pretty sure I snapped at him, because how does someone snore when they are not even asleep, but I must have been just barely drifting off. Though him waking me led to me not falling back asleep until right before my alarm went off at 6:30, so I am going to tell him that he needs to start wearing ear plugs instead of waking me up. I am barely getting any sleep as it is.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • poofwokpoofwok member
    edited January 2017
    @kswiger06 yup, they would essentially confirm that I'm in labor and then prep me for surgery. They told me the only way I would deliver vaginally is if i was actually already 9-10 cm and/or baby was crowning by the time I got to the hospital. At that point, a c/s would present a bigger risk for both of us! 
  • +1 to picking up snoring. I don't think I wake my fiancé up but I wake myself up with one big snore on occasion. It's so embarrassing ugh!
  • My contractions are sooooo bad today. I definitely can't talk through them and they're 5 mins apart. It sucks. But I've been in L&D for this multiple times and it's always nothing. I hate that I won't know when it's the real thing until I'm like in transition or crowning or something!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My BP is creeping up :( I'm usually 100/60, last week I was 110/70, and today I had the school nurse take my BP bc I had a headache all day and it was 120/70. I'll be 37w tomorrow and have been planning to work until my due date but now I'm filled with all kinds of uncertainty!
  • @MommaBean my BP has been slowly creeping up too, pretty similar to your numbers. I had a MW appointment yesterday, and they said that in the last few weeks of pregnancy, it's normal for your BP to return to pre-pregnancy levels, or a little higher than it has been since the 2nd trimester.

Yesterday my BP was 119/75, and they were not worried in the slightest. They also said the bottom number matters more in terms of developing pre-e, and it looks like your bottom number isn't changing at all. Plus, 120/70 is still a completely normal BP! Anxiety can also raise BP, so worrying about it being high can in turn make it higher when you test it.

I have a BP cuff at home, I check mine daily because my sister recently had pre-e and I'm paranoid. If you're concerned, I'd recommend getting a home cuff and checking it every day at different times. It can fluctuate so much throughout the day - it may give you peace of mind to see it's not consistently rising!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks, @madamerwin - I was wondering if top or bottom mattered more! I emailed my doc but haven't heard from her yet. I was induced with DS because of PIH and I think I only ever got to like 125/80 (it was 7+ years ago though so I don't remember exactly). The nurse told me that even though it's still in the normal range, it's high for me and that matters. We'll see what the doc says. I'm not ready to stop working! Lol 
  • Thanks for the reassurance, guys!
  • @krob that sounds like really good advice and I would agree! It's so hard though when you get to the end not to assume anything and everything is labor! 
  • kswiger06 said:
    Peeing, peeing, peeing, all day and all night. Last night I got up 3 times to go. The acid reflux is so bad that it's my new least favorite symptom. I can't get comfortable at night because I have to keep my upper body as elevated as possible and I still end up having gunk creep up and into my mouth  :s I've been sleeping with fewer blankets, but I wake up multiple times a night and my boobs and upper chest are sweaty. My shirt will actually be damp, but it's not leaking boobs, just a lot of sweat. Hip pain. And the unbearable sharp pains that I get from my inner leg where the leg attaches. The baby gets into a position that hits a nerve or something and it hurts way worse than most the other stuff so if he could stop with that, it'd be great. Last night I didnt sleep for a stretch longer than 40 - 50 minutes at a time. All. Night. Long. I felt bad because everytime I woke up to pee or try to roll over I'd wake up my husband and last night he finally asked if something was wrong and why I couldn't sleep.
    I completely understand the pinched nerve thing. Same place. My legs keep buckling at the hips from it, and I nearly swear almost every time from the pain... And I don't swear.
  • @poetryandoceans if that's the case I am totally screwed!! I cuss way too much. I am horrified what will come out of my mouth!! 
  • Guys could the mucous plug be totally clear or is it darker than that? I've had some weird stuff the last 2 days that looks like what I would have thought it would be - but clear...
  • Guys could the mucous plug be totally clear or is it darker than that? I've had some weird stuff the last 2 days that looks like what I would have thought it would be - but clear...
    Mine was clear and whitish and I lost it right before labor started. Don't think it's written in stone that it will be "bloody"! 
  • Woke up at 5:30 this AM with the WORST leg cramp. My calf still hurts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know if this should go here but I don't know where else to put it. So I was just minding my business, sitting at my desk and then all of a sudden my face starts pouring blood. Like my hand, shirt, and chin covered in blood. But I cant even tell where it came from? There was nothing in my nose, I didn't see my gums bleeding, I don't see a cut on my lip. I just don't even know what happened. It was sooo much blood though...eek.
  • I don't know if this should go here but I don't know where else to put it. So I was just minding my business, sitting at my desk and then all of a sudden my face starts pouring blood. Like my hand, shirt, and chin covered in blood. But I cant even tell where it came from? There was nothing in my nose, I didn't see my gums bleeding, I don't see a cut on my lip. I just don't even know what happened. It was sooo much blood though...eek.
    What?! That sounds... creepy. I would think bloody nose, since that's pretty common in pregnancy. If it were coming from your mouth, you would taste it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second the bloody nose theory. But yikes! That would scare me!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker