March 2017 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Check-In: Jan 16!

2»

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Jan 16!

• Options
    @serenity13 sometimes photographers who don't specialize in maternity/newborn like shoots /or are just opening Business/ will do it for cheaper or for free to use your pics to add to their portfolio--or on their website.  
    If that rings a bell with anyone you can think of-or places you could look into.  Sorry-no idea on pricing-not doing any this go around.
    I happened to have an acquaintance who was willing to do some free ones because of this last go around ((didn't end up getting to take them because I was induced early :( )) but she came and did newborn/family photos for $100 bucks and they were beautiful!
  • Options
    Also, it'll be fun to see if I hit any of your February birthdays with this LO! I'm obviously hoping she comes early, but the 19th, 24th, and 28th are all possibilities! :)

Guess I'm the baby of the group over here!  27 with my July Birthday. As stupid as it sounds, I feel like I'm in my mid thirties-over here reading your comments about being older moms and being awesome and I'm nodding my head in violent agreement until I remind myself I'm not quite there yet! Haha. All my friends are in their mid thirties, so I guess I forget sometimes what a baby I am.  I've always been told I'm a little too grown up for my own good. Maybe it has something to do with being an oldest child of 4siblings and changing diapers and making dinner since I was 8. haha. Or getting married and settling down at 21. Oh well.   ;]  ANYWAY: age definitely doesn't define you as a person or a mom. Its totally an attitude. There are some 80 yr old grandmas I know that are more fit, fun, and awesome than some of the thirty year olds i know. You're all gonna be awesome active Mamas and your kiddos are so blessed!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @npaulie yes that most definitely counts as a workout!!

Great job on getting so much accomplished @triwellnessgirl! Glad you're feeling better!

I've been thinking recently that I'd like to do a maternity shoot so I've started looking into pricing but idk if I'm better off just having a friend snap some photos instead of paying $700+ for a nice package ugh that seems really high but I feel like I might regret not doing something. For those of you doing maternity shoots do you think that price range sounds about right? (i'll have to scroll through other discussion boards too for this, I think there was a past discussion about it a while back on another thread)

I agree @jenny0228 being 30+ is awesome! Each year gets better than the last! My 20s (at least up till 27ish) were pretty chaotic & I was so glad to see them go lol I'll be 31 on Feb 19th :)
    My package is $325 and includes:
    1-2 hour session at location of your choice
    Online proofing gallery
    25 images via download (high resolution, printing rights)
  • Options
    vino831 said:
    @triwellnessgirl wow you've accomplished so much! So glad you're feeling better!  

We're doing maternity photos on the same day! :smiley: Do you have a direction for them? Indoor/outdoor?  I still haven't decided.
    Thanks so much!!!!
    i am doing them outdoors (we live in So Cal). I'll attach some pics in a little bit, but I plan on 2 outfit changes. I want to wear my Shower dress again for pro photos ;)
    Hi @vino831 !!
    Ok, so as I mentioned we are doing an outdoor photo shoot. I will have 1-2 hours of her time.
    I will have 2 outfits... One will be my shower dress to do pics with my hubby, the other a maternity gown focusing more on me with the baby bump (I've attached pics of all the dresses. I've ordered the burgundy one, but I may end up getting the long sleeve peacock one instead, not sure yet). I've also attached a pic of my hairstyle for that day, as well as a floral crown I will wear with the burgundy maternity dress (I'd order a different one if I decide to go with the peacock colored dress)
    I've also attached photos the looks I am going for! :)

• Options
    Ohhmyheadd @triwellnessgirl <3 I can't wait to see these pics! Gonna be so gorgeous!
  • Options
    @kjd291 I've always been the baby of my group of friends too. Met DH my freshman year of college and he's 4 years older than me and I hung out with his friends a lot. But I get that feeling of being "older". I'm also the oldest of 4, so I often forget I'm the baby in other situations. 

Also, re photo shoots. I was offered a free maternity shoot by a photographer who just moved to my area AND is looking to switch away from wedding photography. In exchange, I'm letting her use my photos as advertising material and to help her build her portfolio. May be worth looking around or asking if someone's trying to get into that and would offer the same deal?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    Ohhmyheadd @triwellnessgirl <3 I can't wait to see these pics! Gonna be so gorgeous!
    Thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @kjd291 Oh my goodness!!! You're a babyyyyyyy!!!!! I can't believe I was already in 8th grade when you were born!!!  :o
  • Options
    @kjd291 Oh my goodness!!! You're a babyyyyyyy!!!!! I can't believe I was already in 8th grade when you were born!!!  :o
    Haha. Mhmmm. Guilty as charged!

• Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited January 2017
    haha I also have mostly older friends & am the young one in our circle...although one of my best friends is only 25 - she acts like she's in her mid 30s though & her bf is DH's age, 33 going on 34. 

you guysssss! I took your suggestions & actually reached out to the photographers who did our wedding/engagement photos (they don't have any maternity/newborn shots on their site & pretty much only do weddings) to see if they'd be willing/able to do maternity photos for us or could recommend others in the business or know of someone just starting out looking to add to their portfolio... Guess what! they already got back to me saying they'd love to do it & have done them for past brides before for 350 including the session & all digital images! We already set a date for 2/3 & I'm super excited & know they're going to be amazing because they're super talented photographers & did great work for us before! I'm thrilled & just have to say thank you to you lovely ladies for offering the suggestions you did or I wouldn't have even thought of reaching out to them!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That is awesome @serenity13 !!!!! WOOHOO!!!
  • Options
    @serenity13 yay!! I'm so glad that worked out like that for you!  :) 
  • Options
    @serenity13 that's so awesome!! And how nice that it's the same photographer from your wedding!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    triwellnessgirl  WOW WOW WOW!!  I can not wait to see your shower/maternity photos! What a stunning selection you have!! Really that shower dress though - you're going to look AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    Excited to see everyone's AW maternity pics : ) 

Rest Day-but Got my 90squats in. Seems like baby always likes to headbut my cervix as I do them. Ouch! I guess at least I know she's head down, low, and ready to come out!