Options

Fit Mama Check-In: Jan 16!

Happy Monday, Ladies!

1: How far along are you
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Any new challenges or needed modifications you want to share?
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: What do you imagine your LO is going to look like?
?

8: challenge chatter--->  Today we start SQUATS! Take the challege to add this to your fitness routine for the next 30days?? 

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Jan 16!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

;)  Happy Monday, Ladies!

1: How far along are you
    ? 31 weeks Wednesday!

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
    ? Minimum of 3 days with 30-45 mins cardio...hoping to make it 4 or 5 counting weekend.

3: How was last week? Pretty good. Managed my three workouts during the work week but this weekend was my baby shower and it was crazy. I am exhausted this morning. So much planning....cleaning....ugh However!- we got lots of lovely items for the newest addition so I am thrilled.

4: Any new challenges or needed modifications you want to share?? Need to rest more...I can feel th elife force draining from my body.

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! Sat night after the party I got to relax and hang with my fiancée and little brother who came down for my party. We flipped back and forth between classic movies like Predator and Bad Boys and ordered pizza. It was the best.

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Baby is killing my right side and back. Cant get comfy...so I cannot sleep.

7: GTKY: What do you imagine your LO is going to look like?
    ? Ive seen a 3d/4d picture and I feel like he is going to look pretty much like our daughter. He has my nose and chubby cheeks. He will probably have dark hair initially like his father and then as he grows it'll lighten up. Mt daughter has my eyes....like this hazel green. That's really my only question ....what color are his eyes going to be?? =)

8: challenge chatter--->  Today we start SQUATS! Take the challege to add this to your fitness routine for the next 30days?? Yea....lol Im out.

• Options
    For you ladies doing YouTube home workouts, would you mind sharing links to the channels you're using? I'm thinking about fitting in more home workouts. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gracie4400 when I did my first 3D US with DS I thought his nose looked to be on the wider side as well. Turns out that sometimes that's just how they look bc of the fluid. BC DS's nose wasn't as wide as it had looked in the images. Might not be applicable but thought I would share  :smile:
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited January 2017
    @npaulie this is my favorite yoga one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utINxvh-h9Q
    I like that Tonic channel... Barre3 has some workouts on youtube that I like also, but lately I've been sticking with just prenatal ones.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLI37FJmOtrj2jCUdUmg764R8f2cxdujGs&v=17DxIBjMygE
    I've done this video a few times-I like their channel has lots of variety! This specific one was nice being low impact as I can't do lots of bouncing anymore. ((And like the instructor and her "real" body!)
  • Options
    @kjd291 that video looks really good! I like that it's "low impact" and doesn't require any equipment. I think I am going to try that one this week. I have been doing the Insanity cardio videos just because I have them on my computer - but they require so much modification and I can't keep up with the pace anymore! Someone gave me a copy of them, I never followed the program, but some of the interval workouts are actually really good (if you're not pregnant, haha). I turn the sound off because Sean T is mega-annoying. 
  • Options
    @jenny0228 haha I love Shaun T!!! I have the hip hop ab dvd set & will be going back to using them sometimes post-baby. Ever since my dr said no real cardio anymore I've mostly been doing just yoga/prenatal videos I find online so I don't feel as far behind/like I have to modify things. If I have to modify too much it gets discouraging... BUT only 10(ish) weeks till I can start picking up the pace & then start running again! :) Although I just read you should wait about 6 weeks after and I'll likely be too exhausted the first couple anyway to do any activity, but the end is in sight! I clearly remember the day the apps on my phone said "10 weeks...30 weeks to go" and now it's the opposite and I feel like where has the time gone?? Our babies will all be here before we know it!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 YES to all of the above (except Shaun T, haha!) I was thinking the other day how much I miss that feeling of being totally out of breath and feeling like I 'emptied the tank' in a workout. I heard 6 weeks too, but I think your doctor can clear you earlier for mild exercise if you recover quickly? 30 weeks today, woohoo!!!! 
  • Options
    Six weeks is just the routine timeline for the appointment that's scheduled with your OB where they give you a vaginal exam and make sure all looks good internally to clear you for exercise and sex.  But! Before you leave the hospital with baby your OB will tell you how things look and what your activity level can be. As long as you had a routine vaginal Delivery with no complications then mild activity is fine.  We did lots of long stroller walks and such in the first weeks. But--who knows what I'll be doing this time around with being winter ((DD was mid summer babe))
  • Options
    @serenity13 and @kjd291 thank you for sharing those links! I'll definitely be checking them out later this week!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jenny0228 props to you! I cannot imagine trying to do the insanity cardio at this point - even with modifications! I do agree though, the intervals are great. I'll probably be mixing some in postpartum as well.

I cannot wait to get back to feeling like myself and being able to push myself after baby is born. I feel oddly motivated right now? Like super inspired to get back to my PT job that I had a few years ago :)

Is anyone mixing up their squats with different variations? What are your favourites? 

• Options
    @KateM just wide squats for me so far.  Few toe raises to hit the calves. 
  • Options
    @kateM I'm doing sumo squats these days  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 super wide squats -- somehow easier to stay in your heels with the wide stance, too, which is good, I can feel that it's giving my butt a good workout as well! 
  • Options
    60squats today-get it girls ;)

Got in my third workout for the week, and finally kicking the cold to the curb. DH has the morning off tomorrow, so looking forward to a rest day and spending time as a family of three before we jump into the crazy of being a family of four.  Got my squats in as I prepped toddler lunch, mostly holding DD on top of it all.  and holy cannoli - also just getting basic chores done is such a workout now!  Half the time I'm carrying DD on my hip-she's a big baby-30lbs! So add that to my weight gain and everything I do I'm "working out" with an extra almost 70lbs. No wonder I loose my breath!  I'm gonna feel as light as a feather trying to workout post partum. 
  • Options
    I went to my first Vinyasa yoga class. It was amazing!!

Yesterday I was an emotional wreck. DS is on the tail end of the stomach flu (fever and vomiting) and I had 7 minutes to get ready to go bc goodness forbid DH actually get home early enough for me to get ready AND actually get out of the house to do something.... ahem.... anyway I Almost no showed but I'm so glad I went.

The instructor focused a lot on talking about moms taking care of themselves (she catered to the group that was put together) but her words almost had me in tears (again emotional wreck lol) It was such a great balance of breathing and seriosuly pushing flexibility. The instructor kept telling me that I didnt have to do certain things but could so that boosted the confidence as well :-)

Previously  Ive only taken a Yoga once and never wanted to do it again after that one class - it was just breathing and not relaxing, challenging, or helpful at all - just not my thing.

But I'm definitely interested in making this a regular thing - Like I said it was amazing!!!
  • Options
    @kjd291 so glad you're feeling better! And awesome job on the "weighted" squats! It's true, once baby is out in the world you're going to be basically floating through your post-partum workouts! 

@vino831 sorry to hear about the stomach flu - but your yoga class sounds amazing!!! 

I have only worked out 1x so far this week - but my sister lives an hour from me, (but 1hr closer to my office!) and her husband has been away all month, so I have been helping her out for a few days with her 5 year old, and staying with her. Yesterday I picked my niece up from her after-care at school. I parked at my sister's house and walked the mile there and the mile home with her since I don't have a toddler carseat in my car. Then I made dinner and helped cleaning up my sister's house before she got home from work. Today I'm doing the same, so I'm counting that as activity! Going to try to get in two more workouts as well this week! 

• Options
    @vino831 so glad you liked your yoga class!! I LOVE my prenatal yoga class. Its surprisingly active too and isn't just breathing or hanging out. 

@jenny0228 I think your day DEFINITELY counts as exercise!!

@kjd291 I can't believe you did your squats holding DD! I skipped squats today, but because my yoga class is almost entirely squat and lunge based, so I'm counting that as my squats today. Haha. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So, I broke down and took a bus into town to get some more clothes, baby stuff, and DHs bday present (new cast iron skillet). Didn't realize they were changing the bus routes for construction (my bus takes a different route home because of one ways). I just carried all my shopping home. Granted, it was only a mile walk. But I'm EXHAUSTED. PS, cast iron skillets plus the weight of your baby get heaby in a hurry. Haha. I'm counting that as my workout done for today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie I was cleaning out our pan cabinet last weekend and was just moving the cast iron pans in and out and got tired, I cannot imagine lugging one a whole mile with other bags as well! Definitely cross your workout off for today! 

I learned today that I get to have 3 more ultrasounds before my due date! I am turning 40 next month, so even though my pregnancy is totally "normal" they want to monitor me more frequently starting with my next appt in 2 weeks, then I will start going weekly even though it's before 36 weeks. I'll have to alternate weeks between wearing the belt monitor for a non-stress test and ultrasounds. Apparently pre-term birth is more common the older you are, too? I'm personally glad for the extra monitoring, I like the reassurance. 

Still cleared to run, lift and spin though - but doctor advised to start to really watch my heart rate from here on out. And did not hide her approval that I stopped doing crossfit. ;)

@kjd291 I was thinking of you today as you are less than a month til your due date now, right?? So exciting!!! 
  • Options
    kjd291  I'm in the same boat lol. DS likes the squats WAY better than the wall sits. IDK how many wall sits I did with him pulling on me and complaining. Now I've been doing 15 squat sets throughout the day tossing him into the air = way more fun hahaha 
  • Options
    @vino831 way more fun!! For both parties involved! ;]  

@jenny0228 glad the extra monitoring brings comfort instead of annoyance! Getting to see more peeks at baby is always fun too <3 
    -And yes! 30days till my Due Date! Eeee! Mostly Focused on hitting 38wks (16days away ) since anypoint after then *could* be baby time! I'm so thankful for this fit pregnancy. I know not many Mamas this far along feel as good as I am right now - and i know it's all because of staying active! I'm so ready to have this kiddo--but i also know i can totally handle up to 42wks if I really have to! 

@npaulie Holy Cow! Just reading your story tired me out ;] definitely counts as your workout for the day! 

I was gonna take a full rest day, but ended up shoveling my driveway of slush and then pulling DD around in a sled - which all ended up being a good back workout without overdoing it. And then did some more back strengthening/stretching once I came inside. This belly/weight is no joke! Trying to keep my core strong for these last few weeks. 
  • Options
    Ladies!  I'm alive, LOL! I know I have been terribly MIA, so sorry!!! Between being sick last week and then this week being slammed at work (including training my fill-in for maternity leave!), it's been tough to get on here! I've had a busy but successful week though, yay!! 

Got in my 4th workout of the week today..... woohoo... and have gotten so much done this week for the baby...
    Nursery is painted, electrical is done, blinds are up!
    Furniture is ordered!
    Bought my Baby Shower dress/shoes (it's next Saturday!)
    Ordered my Maternity Photoshoot dress (it's Feb 4th!)
    Toured the L&D area last night!
    And I think our Baby has turned... I've been feeling a lot of pain and discomfort down below and going to the bathroom EVERY HOUR!!!

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!! XOXOXO
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @triwellnessgirl <3 glad all is well, but sorry that you've been sick! Yay for getting a great week of workouts in! Great job! And holy cow mama! Way to check app the stuff off the check-list! Sounds like youre super prepared! 
  • Options
    (I'll hop back on later today or this weekend to catch up!!!)
  • Options
    jenny0228 said:
    @npaulie I was cleaning out our pan cabinet last weekend and was just moving the cast iron pans in and out and got tired, I cannot imagine lugging one a whole mile with other bags as well! Definitely cross your workout off for today! 

I learned today that I get to have 3 more ultrasounds before my due date! I am turning 40 next month, so even though my pregnancy is totally "normal" they want to monitor me more frequently starting with my next appt in 2 weeks, then I will start going weekly even though it's before 36 weeks. I'll have to alternate weeks between wearing the belt monitor for a non-stress test and ultrasounds. Apparently pre-term birth is more common the older you are, too? I'm personally glad for the extra monitoring, I like the reassurance. 

Still cleared to run, lift and spin though - but doctor advised to start to really watch my heart rate from here on out. And did not hide her approval that I stopped doing crossfit. ;)

@kjd291 I was thinking of you today as you are less than a month til your due date now, right?? So exciting!!! 
    YAAAY for the 40 club! ;) I turn 41 in May! 
    When's your birthday?
  • Options
    @jenny0228 when is your bday?! (I'm sure I've asked this before, haha). I turn 30 next month on the 24th!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    Thanks for the update @triwellnessgirl <3 glad all is well, but sorry that you've been sick! Yay for getting a great week of workouts in! Great job! And holy cow mama! Way to check app the stuff off the check-list! Sounds like youre super prepared! 
    Thanks so much!!! Yeah, being sick was no bueno, but it didn't last long, thank goodness!  My energy was totally zapped, though, which made me miserable. I ended up taking 17 days off in a row from the gym!! GASP!! But I feel so much better this week and did CrossFit 2x. Today was a partner workout and my partner kept saying at the end that she couldn't believe I'm 7 weeks from my due date, that she was struggling to keep up with me. That was nice of her, LOL.... I reminded her that I had to modify a few of the exercises, so it's not the same. And she responded that she has 2 kids and remembers how she felt 7 weeks before her due date and that's why she felt qualified to give me so much props today. She lifted my spirits :):):)

And yeah, we're getting so excited for Baby!!! The furniture won't be here for another 3 weeks so it'll be a bit before the nursery is ready, but I'm so happy with the progress so far. I've also started buying decor (both boy and girl decor) in preparation. It's really making me ansy to find out what we are having!!!!!! <3
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl great to hear your update! So awesome that you are getting so much done and still flying through your workouts. Way to go mama! AND cheers to the 40 club! I always heard "have kids while you're young so you have the energy to keep up with them" but 40 today isn't what 40 was a generation ago. Working out and eating healthy keeps us young! (and "splurge-worthy" eye cream- that helps too.. haha)

@npaulie I think a lot of us have similar birthdays - mine is the 28th of Feb! 30 is such a great place to be. I have to say my 30's were when I "figured everything out", haha. And I'm still figuring it out for sure, but the past decade for me, I feel like I really got to know myself. And knowing that (pre-pregnancy anyway) I could lift more, run farther and faster than I could in my 20's - well it just keeps getting better from here!! :)
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl wow you've accomplished so much! So glad you're feeling better!  

We're doing maternity photos on the same day! :smiley: Do you have a direction for them? Indoor/outdoor?  I still haven't decided.
  • Options
    @npaulie yes that most definitely counts as a workout!!

Great job on getting so much accomplished @triwellnessgirl! Glad you're feeling better!

I've been thinking recently that I'd like to do a maternity shoot so I've started looking into pricing but idk if I'm better off just having a friend snap some photos instead of paying $700+ for a nice package ugh that seems really high but I feel like I might regret not doing something. For those of you doing maternity shoots do you think that price range sounds about right? (i'll have to scroll through other discussion boards too for this, I think there was a past discussion about it a while back on another thread)

I agree @jenny0228 being 30+ is awesome! Each year gets better than the last! My 20s (at least up till 27ish) were pretty chaotic & I was so glad to see them go lol I'll be 31 on Feb 19th :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    vino831 said:
    @triwellnessgirl wow you've accomplished so much! So glad you're feeling better!  

We're doing maternity photos on the same day! :smiley: Do you have a direction for them? Indoor/outdoor?  I still haven't decided.
    Thanks so much!!!!
    i am doing them outdoors (we live in So Cal). I'll attach some pics in a little bit, but I plan on 2 outfit changes. I want to wear my Shower dress again for pro photos ;)
  • Options
    @npaulie yes that most definitely counts as a workout!!

Great job on getting so much accomplished @triwellnessgirl! Glad you're feeling better!

I've been thinking recently that I'd like to do a maternity shoot so I've started looking into pricing but idk if I'm better off just having a friend snap some photos instead of paying $700+ for a nice package ugh that seems really high but I feel like I might regret not doing something. For those of you doing maternity shoots do you think that price range sounds about right? (i'll have to scroll through other discussion boards too for this, I think there was a past discussion about it a while back on another thread)

I agree @jenny0228 being 30+ is awesome! Each year gets better than the last! My 20s (at least up till 27ish) were pretty chaotic & I was so glad to see them go lol I'll be 31 on Feb 19th :)
    I'm honestly too scared to ask DH for a $400 session @serenity13 :( I am at the same point of trying to figure out if I will regret not doing it or not. I love photos in my house, just not sure how I would feel about putting them up of myself. I would personally vote professional over a friend just snapping some photos though (I am also super particular about the quality of photos though).