June 2017 Moms

Movements

Re: Movements

• I've been feeling pops and such for a couple of weeks, but now I feel the rolling and wriggling! 18 weeks Wednesday :)

PS - sorry I've been so absent for a couple weeks. things have been busy, but i'm back and ready to participate fully!
  • I've been feeling pops and such for a couple of weeks, but now I feel the rolling and wriggling! 18 weeks Wednesday :)

PS - sorry I've been so absent for a couple weeks. things have been busy, but i'm back and ready to participate fully!
    I just saw your name pop up and thought 'gah, where has she been?' Glad you're back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Still no movement at 19 weeks and a STM over here...  I felt my girls from the outside at 20 weeks, so I'm just waiting and waiting...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Pretty sure I am feeling little one move in there! Little jabs inside, low pretty much where my doctor found the heartbeat at my appointment last week. Very cool! 
  • I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't felt any movement but I'm plus size so I wonder if baby has a lot of fat to kick through, lol. 
  • I was feeling movement around week 15-17. I'm 18 weeks now and haven't felt as much. Makes me extra nervous after having hand foot and mouth earlier in the month and the stomach flu today. I just keep reminding myself it's early to feel consistent movement. 
  • beckij34 said:
    I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't felt any movement but I'm plus size so I wonder if baby has a lot of fat to kick through, lol. 
     I'm 18 weeks, and also plus size. My doctor said it might be a while until we can feel baby on the outside.
  • I've been feeling the baby since this weekend (18+ weeks).  I felt the baby like crazy yesterday.  Apparently he/she did not appreciate the lack of eating from the stomach bug my kids shared.  
  • meilaymeilay member
    edited January 2017
    I feel like I can finally say I'm definitely feeling this little girl, who has been a wiggler at every scan I've had since 10weeks (I have a lot due to fibroid issues). Yesterday was the strongest probably due to the coffee I had and then the candy at the movies. At one point I felt more of a strong "popcorn" feeling than the faint pokes I had been feeling before. 

Edited to add: Is anyone else's partner having a hard time with understanding/trusting that you're feeling movement? My H keeps asking some version of "but how do you know for sure it's her?" 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • beckij34 said:
    I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't felt any movement but I'm plus size so I wonder if baby has a lot of fat to kick through, lol. 
     I'm 18 weeks, and also plus size. My doctor said it might be a while until we can feel baby on the outside.
    Oh I don't think this is the case at all. I'm plus size and I've felt baby at 16-17 weeks in the past on the inside and 20ish weeks outside.

This go round I think I have an anterior placenta, but I can still feel little kicks every now and then at 19 weeks.

Are you FTMs?
  • I started feeling my LO at 18w2d - now just shy of 20w and last night could see the movement from the outside!  Got to share a few quick "citings" with DH, very sweet!
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • @Stankonia2014 yes I'm a first time mom. I've noticed more pressure down there when I stand up if I've been sitting for too long (I'm a secretary) but no discernible movement. 
  • Now I'm 99% sure I've been feeling the baby for about a week or so most evenings! It's always the same feeling in the same spot around the same time of day. I was sad I didn't feel it last night because I was babysitting and moving around alot! Normally in the evening I'm reclined on the couch and sitting still so it's easy to feel it. I can't feel it on the outside yet! I think I might feel it in the mornings while laying in bed too. I can't wait to feel kicks and for DH to be able to feel too!! That will make it way more real. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @alm52386 - I noticed the same thing, the movement often seems to come in the evening (and sometimes the same spot).  Is the time of day a thing?  Or just a time when maybe we're more settled and less distracted....
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • @sparrow I read on the bump weekly update thing or in a book or somewhere that around 17 weeks they start to have a sleep/wake schedule in there. I'm 17+2 today. 
  • @beckij34, yeah I don't think the issue is that you're plus size, I think it's that as a FTM is hard to distinguish what's a kick vs. gas. Hopefully they'll become more pronounced soon! :)
  • Stupid anterior placenta. I'm 17+6 and movements are few and far between. I'm hoping in the next few weeks I get to feel more. It's the best part of pregnancy to me. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • I had an anterior placenta with DS1 and didn't feel any movement until almost 24w. Even then, his movements were very subtle and barely felt. 
  • I've been feeling this little boy for quite a while now, but today I finally felt him from the outside! I'm so excited! Now that I can picture a little boy, he has a name, and we can all start feeling him bounce around, the bonding will really begin! 
  • beckij34 said:
    Oh I don't think this is the case at all. I'm plus size and I've felt baby at 16-17 weeks in the past on the inside and 20ish weeks outside.

This go round I think I have an anterior placenta, but I can still feel little kicks every now and then at 19 weeks.

Are you FTMs?
    I am a FTM! I said that and then DH felt her on the outside last night, and I have a few times this morning during work. So, she proved me wrong! :lol:
  • I am pretty sure I have been feeling movements all day (16w5d).  It was extremely distracting as I sat through back to back meetings all day at work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am 19.5 weeks and I pretty sure I haven't felt anything yet.  My doc says that isn't concerning but it is kind of a bummer.  Today I have felt a couple of twinges but I had a huge burrito for lunch so I am convinced it is just gas. 
  • At my a/s today, they confirmed that I have an anterior placenta (which I suspected, since I can't feel her yet). It was so comforting to see her rolling around like a crazy baby even though I couldn't feel a thing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• slssls member
    edited January 2017
    I've been feeling kicks now for a while, but yesterday (19w5d) I was at the midwife and she was searching for Twin B's HB. Apparently, Twin B didn't like that and kicked hard enough that I jumped. :D DD and DH were in the room to hear it on the Doppler. I was so happy--last pregnancy, DH had a hard time feeling kicking even though it seemed super strong to me. I don't think he "experienced" DD until at least 25 weeks... Details are hazy at this point, but it seemed really late.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • I was using my Doppler at home and I'm pretty sure the baby kicked twice! I heard it, didn't feel it. I can't wait until DH can feel the baby move from the outside!!
  • I'm 18+5 with baby #1 and I still haven't felt anything that I *know* is her moving around in there... STM's + when did you feel undeniable movement with your 1st? (I know it's been discussed before I just am having issues finding it) 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I felt him undeniably starting last week. Which was the same as dd. End of 16 weeks.  I did start getting the "that might have been the baby" type movements much earlier though. @BellaO21
  • Ahh see I've had the "maybe the baby" type movements since 16 weeks but nothing yet that makes me KNOW it was her. I know every pregnancy is different. So hopefully she will give me a good kick or something soon, lol
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @BellaO21 I'm a FTM, but I didn't feel anything that I knew for sure was baby moving until 20+2. At 20+2 the baby was kicking so hard my DH could feel it from the outside and baby has been kicking and moving every day since. I don't know if I wasn't aware enough until I felt really strong kicking or if baby suddenly got stronger.  Hopefully you'll start feeling more sure movements soon :)
  • It will be here before you know it, and then it just gets better everyday. I cannot wait to see little limbs moving around. That's my favorite part. I spent a lot of time just laying around watching my belly roll around with my dd. It is seriously amazing! @BellaO21
  • I'm a FTM.  I felt the first movement while laying down for waiting for my anatomy scan results (18w).  But I just felt the little bugger again while I was at my desk at work this morning.  It's so bizarre... 
  • I'm pretty sure I've been feeling the baby some this week. Especially yesterday, I had a snack at work about 4:00 and I think the sugar 'activates' the baby. I also feel it at night when I'm relaxing watching tv. I hope it's not just gas! It's nice to feel connected to my baby 
  • I posted that I thought I felt her about a week ago. Then three days or so with nothing. Then I felt the same thing yesterday and day before yesterday. I really do think it's movement! I'll be 19 this weekend. 
  • i think i've been feeling movement the past few days - 17w4d today.  little pops and punches.  i agree with @delujm0 that you really have to be paying attention to it/not distracted... i just hope that doesn't mean that i'm making it up :expressionless: .  i also have an anterior placenta.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Thursday was the first day for certain I felt movement. I've felt movement before but doubted it. This time, at 18w4d I was very confident there was nothing else going on but baby moving. I was relaxing on the bus on my way home from work and I got a couple rotations or something. I wish I could envision what exactly was happening. I guess that trick comes later on.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm a FTM and have an anterior placenta. First felt a little movement at 17 weeks, but was unsure. At 19 weeks started feeling movement daily. DH got to feel on the outside at 20 weeks which is awesome! He still tries to feel every time, but hasn't felt her since then. I also feel her more often if laying down and occasionally when sitting.