May 2017 Moms

Chicco Bravo For 2 Review!

Hope it's ok that I started my own thread for this. I know a lot of us were talking about it and I didn't want to clog up the random thread with pictures. I always bump on mobile and pictures take forever to load! So obnoxious! 

Anywho, I got the Chicco Bravo for 2 today. I have to say I really like it. I have very few complaints. 

It it was pretty easy to put together. I was able to do it by myself in less than 30 minutes. 

I have several pictures of my daughter in the stroller. She is 2.5 and weighs around 30lbs and is around 36 in. (Terrible Mom here, sorry I should know the precise stats). 

Here she is sitting in the seat that has a buckle!

Here is the standing position. 

Sitting with the canopy. I'm not a huge fan of the canopy. I wish it was larger. It's not a deal breaker though.

As you can see here the twp
canopys don't fully close when together (this is a Chicco Keyfit 30) which is kinda a bummer.

This his is my new Vera Uptown Diaper Bag (omg I love it) and it fits great on the handles with the stroller straps.

DD this this stroller is a new toy. As you can tell it doesn't seem to be that large. This is very much what I imagine it will be like for us. 

Here is DD without the car seat attached. I don't think this is that much larger than my Britax car seat. 

Here is the Chicco & Britax B-Ready (2014 or maybe 2015) side by side for comparison

I really don't feel like there is a huge difference between the two size wise. 

Ok here is is folded. I couldn't figure out how to lock it when folded. There was nothing in the manual. It's also very large folded. I have a van so that's nbd to me, but I feel like for people that have a smaller car it could take up the whole trunk. 

Overall I love it. I think that it will give my daughter the freedom that she wants, but the option to hop on (and be buckled if need be) without being this humongous stroller that gets in the way. 

I hope this is helpful! 

Re: Chicco Bravo For 2 Review!

• @bacorrea: great review! Thx for taking the time to share! All the pics are helpful.  :)

Do you (or anyone else) have any sense about the age range suggested for using a double stroller such as this? Your DD seems the right age, my son might be too old. Anything in the marketing materials that came with it?
  • @SKZW I didn't notice any marketing material, but the weight limit is 80lbs. I would maybe gauge by that? 
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD will turn 3 right around the time this baby gives birth. She hasn't ridden in the stroller for about 6+month now. However when we go to theme parks, airports, walk to the park, etc. I wanted an option for her too. I just couldn't commit to a full double stroller though. This is a great happy medium for us.
  • Is the photo with the car seat in and your daughter facing the handle the only seated option for the bigger kid? DS will only be 18 months and I'm worried that won't contain him like I need it to. 
  • @emilyalso yes, that's the only seat. You may want to look into the joovy! @h&pmomma has one and loves it! It's two full seats.
  • hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited January 2017
    It does look almost like my Joovy!  Very similar sizing too. 

Here is a picture of the Joovy Caboose Too Ultralight if people are wanting to compare. The back seat comes completely off (it's just snapped on) if your wanting just the bench like the Chicco. In the last picture with the infant seat it shows no canopy, but you don't have to take it off to use the infant seat, I use the canopy all the time. 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Thanks for the review! I after you brought it up the other day I noticed it was out on the floor at baby's r us
  • Thanks for the review!! The pics are very helpful!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • h&pmomma said:
    It does look almost like my Joovy!  Very similar sizing too. 

Here is a picture of the Joovy Caboose Too Ultralight if people are wanting to compare. The back seat comes completely off (it's just snapped on) if your wanting just the bench like the Chicco. In the last picture with the infant seat it shows no canopy, but you don't have to take it off to use the infant seat, I use the canopy all the time. 

I dont know how to tag you without quoting. Is this the same one? It's available for $30!!

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @KMD1106 YES! But it's missing the second seat attachment, looks like it just has the bench. You used to be able to buy the seat attachment separately but I'm not sure if you still can or in that color. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • h&pmomma said:
    @KMD1106 YES! But it's missing the second seat attachment, looks like it just has the bench. You used to be able to buy the seat attachment separately but I'm not sure if you still can or in that color. 
    DH shot it down. :( There was a little rip in it and he wants the newer model. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Bumping this thread just to say that we finally caved and bought this Chicco Bravo for 2. I didn't take any pics, but here are my initial thoughts (obviously haven't wear-tested it since baby girl isn't here yet), for anyone considering it...for reference, my son is 2.5 and very, very rarely uses a stroller. 

Pros:
    -One handed fold--easy to open and close AND it stands upright on it's own.
    -Relatively compact--definitely smaller than a traditional 2 seater stroller.
    -Fits with my Chicco Keyfit 30 with no additions needed.
    -Looks pretty nice for a lower cost stroller.
    -Seems to handle really well. 

Cons:
    -Still significantly bigger than a single stroller--this will likely only be used for outings where we know there is a high probability that DS will get sick of walking.
    -Canopy is a little...rickety? But that has been my annoyance with basically all Chicco strollers.

In general, I think this is a great option for someone looking for a seat for a primary rider and optional seat for an older child. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker