February 2017 Moms

Appointments: Week of January 16

Re: Appointments: Week of January 16

• Loading the player...
  • Just had my GBS test and cervical check. I'm 36 weeks and completely closed. That's what I expected though so I'm fine with that!
  • That sounds very confusing for your body @Patience7150  I hope your swelling doesn't get any worse. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @kswiger06...I'm also hoping these last few weeks go quickly and things don't get worse! 
  • Eek @Xstatic3333 keep us posted! 
  • @Xstatic3333 Oh no! That's really frustrating. 
  • @Xstatic3333 That sucks! Sorry you had an annoying appointment. Hopefully baby won't be so large so you can attempt birth like how you want to.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • @Xstatic3333 were there any signs of this before today???
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @Xstatic3333 Wow that is a crappy appointment! My DH was 11+ lbs and I keep telling myself that if we have a big baby, my body wouldn't have made a big baby if I couldn't handle it...but those sorts of facts would rock my confidence too! Fingers crossed the u/s shows just a large placenta?? 
  • @kswiger06 - and the excitement builds...... :D

• @foxrosy with my first 2, I got no fun signs, just suddenly went into labor. With my luck this time since I'm getting these signs, I'll just get strung along lol

@Xstatic3333 I'm glad the expected weight at 40 weeks is manageable for a vaginal delivery rather than an 11 pounder!! (Ouch ouch ouch)  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I've had a scary day!! I had my 36 week appointment at 1pm for a non-stress test and then "ditch the stitch" day to remove my cervical cerclage.

During the NST everything was going great until I had 2 BH contractions and baby's heart rate dropped really low and didn't come right back up.
    My doctor told us I would need to stay for more monitoring and if that kept happening, possibly be delivered today! 

They then removed my cerclage before sending me up to l&d for a couple hours of monitoring. Well, after it was removed, my cervix wouldn't stop bleeding. They tried pressure, but it kept bleeding. They thought they'd send me to l&d for the planned monitoring and maybe give it a little time and the bleeding would stop. Nope! Another doctor tried silver nitrate sticks. Still bleeding. Later they tried some goopy stuff called mon cells(?) that they were convinced would help. But no! 

So tonight I was taken to surgery on iv Dilotid and had a cervical laceration repair to close the areas still bleeding from where the stitch was removed. They sutured the main bleeding area but I still have some oozing all around my cervix. They packed my vagina with gauze and are keeping me overnight.
    I've had one or two more decelerations of baby's heart rate with BH but baby is mostly tolerating everything well. 
    There is still a chance of having to deliver, but they think I will probably be ok to wait.

Prayers appreciated that my bleeding is fully resolved by morning and baby continues to tolerate my random BH ok!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my @FreshBakedBrownies that sounds awfully scary!! I hope the bleeding stops and that baby is ok with the BH... I'll say a prayer for you and your LO. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @kswiger06! I never could have imagined I'd be staying in the hospital tonight with a chance of delivering baby! 
  • My goodness @FreshBakedBrownies how terrifying! Definitely praying and keeping fingers crossed for you and baby! Keep us updated if you can.
  • @FreshBakedBrownies that sounds so scary for you! Prayers that all repairs itself and you can go full term! Thinking of you! Xxx
  • Holy smokes @FreshBakedBrownies I hope you get to cookndor a little bit longer 
  • How scary @FreshBakedBrownies!!! Prayers for you and baby!!
  • You're in my prayers @FreshBakedBrownies! How scary. I hope the baby continues to tolerate the contractions okay and I'm glad that you're in good hands if anything needs to happen. You've been through so much and deserve a minimal-worry late pregnancy.

The MW follow up from my appointment was slightly less rosy than the initial impression I got from the US tech. Though she's okay with his size, they want to repeat the US in a week because I am showing borderline numbers for polyhydramnios, or excess amniotic fluid. If I have it, they'll likely want to induce at 39 weeks. Has anyone else dealt with this diagnosis? It seems like one of many things that falls under the heading of "big baby problems," and I'm trying to get a good sense of what the risks really are so I'm armed with good information at next week's appointment if I need to make big decisions.
  • @FreshBakedBrownies how scary! Sending positives vibes your way. Hoping things get less eventful and baby keeps cooking a little longer ❤

@Xstatic3333 i don't have much experience with what you're dealing with but at 39 weeks, baby is full term so it's a good time to come if need be. Sending good thoughts your way! Will be looking forward to an update!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Thanks everyone, baby did fine overnight so no need to deliver yet! 
    They just removed the vaginal packing & we are now waiting to see if my bleeding is ok or still active. I'm hoping all is ok and they will release me today, with the plan to come back and repeat the NST tomorrow. I really appreciate the prayers and well wishes!
    So happy to hear that! FX the NST tomorrow comes back uneventful!
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• What a scary day @FreshBakedBrownies. Praying things look good today and you can go home!
  • I am glad things are improving @FreshBakedBrownies.  How scary.   You deserve a stress free last few weeks! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My appointment yesterday was uneventful, just the lovely cultures.  I asked about size and he mentioned baby is measuring a little bit big per tape measure on the belly standards.  Nothing he was concerned about,  just weird to me since we usually make small babies.   We have an ultrasound Tuesday and I am really hoping for 3D/4D images! 

I was also surprised to find out they don't write scripts for breastpumps until after delivery,  and I will need to take it from the hospital store.  So there goes my research from the other company. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm glad things went better for you last night @freshbakedbrownies! Hope you get good news today!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Had my 35 week appointment complete with GBS test and cervix check. Cervix is still fully closed. The doctor had to laugh b/c the baby did not want us to hear his heartbeat. He totally tried kicking the monitor and then kept squirming. This is the first time he reacted that way, since the first time the doctor would stick the monitor on my belly and we'd hear the heartbeat right away. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Glad to hear things are going OK @freshbakedbrownies , I'll be thinking of you!!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @Partyof6? Yes, that has been my gripe with the breastpump. I was told they wouldn't give me a prescription until I arrive at the hospital and am in active labor. Buuut my insurance doesn't care, I could get it now. It's my Dr who won't write the prescription until then. It has me all pissy. I was informed I cannot get around it... but I think my Dr said I'll have to wait to have it shipped, but I hope they have them stocked at the hospital so I can take it home with me... I wonder if it's something weird just in ohio? Or we just both have bad luck with getting our pumps. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 and @partyof6? I might call my OB office today and ask (Ohio question answered then)- I will let you guys know!