March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 1/9

1235»

Re: Randoms! 1/9

• @mrsyimster No, just no!!! 28in and 22lb baby?! And it was a home birth?? I can't deal!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Loading the player...
  • DH was a 10 lb baby at birth, so I've been anticipating LO will be a big baby too, esp since he's been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead. After reading this though, 10 lb seems small! My goodness I can't even imagine a 22 lb newborn! https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/heaviest-birth
    Not okay!!! hahaha. I'm talking to my belly now and reminding baby boy that he can be just like mom and dad, both born in the almost-7-pound range. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• SienaC said:
    @mrsyimster No, just no!!! 28in and 22lb baby?! And it was a home birth?? I can't deal!
    i don't get it? did you tag the right person? haha

SaveSave
  • TWIN MOMS: the twin z pillow is on sale right now on zulily
    Everyone else: i bought a long dress on amazon for 19 bucks.. its awesome bc i hate pants now too!

SaveSave
  • Ugh +1 to team pants haters! 100% agree with you, @Gators&BoSox my summer pregnancy was so much more comfortable in flowy dresses and skirts-not sure why everyone raves about the joys of a winter pregnancy. Not a fan. 

I have 1pair leggings, 1 pair jeggings, 1 pair workout pants (aka leggings), 1 pair of maternity sweats ((that are now so tight they are basically leggings) bahah. that I wear on rotation each week. 
  • @mrsyimster I got a Twin Z pillow off of a local moms group listserv where I live.  It is amazing already and my babies aren't even here yet!!  Everyone should get one while they're on sale!
  • YAS @mrsyimster maxi dresses are my jam right now!
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsyimster @anonellis

Thanks for the heads up on the Twin Z! I've kept an eye out in my local twin groups and as soon as they pop up they're sold. I ended up registering for one, and it got purchased. As I've mentioned previously, I have a real problem stalking my baby registries o:)  ! My shower is tomorrow!!! Wheeeeeeee!

Also, @mrsyimster You're kicking booty on this bed rest thing! Congrats on 32 weeks!!! Especially when your doctors had said they thought you'd only make it to 30, right?

@kjd291 I seriously don't understand why people rave about winter pregnancies... If this was summertime I could have invested in like 5 cheap maxi dresses that I could stretch out and then throw out, donate, or turn into rags... Instead I've sunk WAYYYY too much money on shirts that are now too short and pants that fit funny. Thank god for the hand-me-downs I got!
  • SienaC said:
    @mrsyimster No, just no!!! 28in and 22lb baby?! And it was a home birth?? I can't deal!
    i don't get it? did you tag the right person? haha
    Haha Sorry I meant to tag the person that posted about the Guinness record for large babies! Whoops!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• when did Girl Scout cookies get so stingy?!? 5 bucks for literally 15 cookies?? looks like I'm done buying 
  • 45 days!!!! YEAH!!!!  My feelings about it getting so close:  B):#B):# B):# B):# B):# 

Just finished writing the plan for my leave at my job, who will do what, which things I will do before I leave and which still need someone to take them over. Meeting with my boss about it tomorrow (because we don't get MLK day off- its awful). He is a total scatterbrain and depends too much on me, I have little faith it will all be ok while I'm out but I really can't stress about it!!! 
  • @jenny0228 been working on putting together a binder and leaving all sorts of notes for my coworker to take over stuff while I'm gone too! We don't get MLK day off but my one coworker asked me if Monday was normal as far as our order deliveries and such and I was like uh yeah why wouldn't they be? Bank holidays are not real in the healthcare world unless you work for a doctor's office apparently lol 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • anyone heard of cinnamon tea to induce labor or to drink when labor starts to keep it going? it's not like the kind you buy in a bag, you boil water with cinnamon sticks until it turns brown. supposed to be tasty too. I came across it when I was reading comments on a blog. I'm just surprised I had never heard of it before but apparently it's at least fairly well known. 
  • @kjd291 i'm getting on the date train in a few weeks! I am not a fan but the stats the study listed are compelling enough for me to choke them down, especially since they seem to aid in the exact areas I had issues last time. I think I might go the smoothie route with them. 
  • @silverbulletband what was the Mexican hot chocolate? And how many cinnamon sticks did you boil?
  • @Gators&amp;BoSox @kjd291 and others on the date train.  

To shake things up (and maybe make them more tasty for you) try stuffing them with cheese!!  

I love dates stuffed with pasteurized soft cheese!   Goat & blue being my favorite.  I've been eating them on and off my whole pregnancy this way.  Does this mean my ute is going to be extra strong?  ;) I'm all for eating 3-4 of these a day from here on out as my "extra" calories.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MrsBinPA if I remember I'll find the study/article I read about it to share. Something along the lines of the enzymes or whatnot in their make-up help naturally progress labor faster, similar to oxitocin, less post partum hemorrhaging. 

Oooh, yes. And bacon wrapped dates too! 
  • @silverbulletband what was the Mexican hot chocolate? And how many cinnamon sticks did you boil?
    Its a yellow carton with a picture of a friendly Hispanic grandma toasting with a teacup called "Abuelita" brand haha. I boiled four sticks for two cups 
  • i didn't get the urge last time to push but I also ended up with an epidural so maybe thats why. This time i'm hoping labor is more cooperative and I can avoid any meds so maybe it'll happen. I've always thought people had some balls telling a lady not to push. I get that you want the Doc to be there but still. What are you gunna do, push her back in?!? 
    A hospital did that! The doctor wasn't there and the baby was crowning so the nurses pushed the baby back in which caused permanent damage to her nerves in her groin. She was recently awarded 16 million dollars.

With my first, my labor stopped after several hours so they hooked me up to pitocin. They really got going and I remember telling my mom that I needed to push. She grabbed a nurse and said, "She says she needs to push." The nurse kind of rolled her eyes and said, "No she doesn't; she still has hours, but I'll go ahead and check her." She checked my cervix, said, "Wow! Your baby has a lot of hair! I'll go get the doctor."
    This really pisses me off! I can't stand it when medical personnel act like we don't know our own bodies. Arg!