March 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms! 1/9

Re: Randoms! 1/9

• Options
    @serenity13 exactly! where have the newbies been?  And good to know our two kids will be friends, my kid will have so much Monsters Inc stuff if I can help it. I already got the crib bedding, a Sully changing pad cover, some clothes, stuffed animal Sully and Mike, of course both movies ( i got most Disney movies if no one guessed by now).  Ok, enough of my craziness.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    Perfect picture! I feel like I got absolutely no sleep last night (between peeing, preggo insomnia, and DD waking up)  I'm walking around in a fog this morning.

Todays countdown: 51days till March! 
    At the ob they told me I look tired. Well hell yes I am.... I am soooooo tried from lack of sleep

SaveSave
  • Options
    @direwolfmini and that's why I asked to keep me in check, because you're right at the end of the day they tried.
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    Perfect picture! I feel like I got absolutely no sleep last night (between peeing, preggo insomnia, and DD waking up)  I'm walking around in a fog this morning.

Todays countdown: 51days till March! 
    At the ob they told me I look tired. Well hell yes I am.... I am soooooo tried from lack of sleep
    Ugh. I love when the pregnant professionals are the ones that make stupid comments like that... like-you should know better! You deal with pregnant cranky tired women! 
  • Options
    anonellis said:
    @direwolfmini obviously as a first time mom I know nothing, but I've had a couple of twin moms in my life say this is only magnified with multiples....in other words, being pregnant with twins is SO uncomfortable at the end that waking up for two babies all night is so not a big deal, because you're not pregnant with twins anymore and that is a glorious feeling.   I'm telling myself that that is how it will be for me  :)
    Please let this be true bc omg... if I can "sleep" for 2 hours straight I'm already so happy right now.... everything is sore and my back hurts then I loose feeling.... Turning sides is like a marathon

SaveSave
  • Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 it looks like you had such a good time! did you do the meal at the castle? FGM is pretty hard to find otherwise. 
  • Options
    So jealous of all the people that live close to Disney! I'd love to have a bump picture with Cinderella! She's been my favorite since forever. My mom actually bought LO a Cinderella outfit 4 years ago, before kids were even on our radar, that surprisingly ended up being the right gender and size for the time of year this one will be born. 
  • Options
    ngcsugirl1112ngcsugirl1112 member
    edited January 2017
    @Gators&BoSox nope!  We were walking around and saw her underneath an awning near the castle and jumped in line...we lucked out and were the last ones to see her...Anastasia and Drizella came out after we were done :)
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 wow you hit the jackpot!
  • Options
    I have learned I cannot eat large portions like I used to...DH and I either share an app and entree or I just get an app as my dinner when we go out
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    I'm really hungry now. I ate 3 hours ago. Only 1 more hour to go!!! I'm totally getting a burrito bowl on my walk home. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FFS y'all! Someone on the 3rd tri board posted a picture of her mucus plug! An admin deleted the picture, but why would someone post that???? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I feel like Amazon needs to STOP sending me emails when someone buys something off my registry! I'm having a hard enough time not checking it compulsively throughout the day!!!!!!
  • Options
    @drillsergeantcat what?!??? Whyyy?!???
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat ugggggggghhhh seriously what makes people think that's ok? was it couple with a question or just an awful moment of show and tell?
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat I'm not sure how I've never checked the 3rd tri boards, but I wanted to say that your response to all of the recent threads had me cackling. Love it. 
  • Options
    @serenity13 i was just about to. still debating whether to speak my irritation. Mucus plug keeps baby safe from outside bacteria. When pregnant woman loses mucus plug, baby is coming soon, like in a week or two, because now with mucus plug out, baby has a clearer runway to exit.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for sparing me from doing a search on it lol :) wow that sounds incredibly gross, I can't imagine why anyone would share a picture of it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 yeah i have a vision of nastiness in my head when i envision the mucus plug. I read what you said, it still sounded polite to me. I said something a little snappy in another newbie thread, i felt you gave permission  ;)
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat you would think people wpuld have the common sense that if its too gross or involves any bodily fluid that you should not take a picture of said thing and post it.  

@disneybaby84 baby hasn't allowed me to eat anything really healthy this whole time so I gave up a long time ago.

I know that weird crazy dreams are normal for pregnancy but its driving me crazy the amount crazy and bizarre dreams I'll have in one night aside from waking up in a panick trying to figure out if what I dreamt was real or not. Plus adding on the constant need to pee all night.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I feel like Amazon needs to STOP sending me emails when someone buys something off my registry! I'm having a hard enough time not checking it compulsively throughout the day!!!!!!
    Are you able to turn that off? I haven't gotten any emails but I saw some things have been purchased on mine (because I still go and add/delete things to mine oops)

I soaked in the bath for about an hour yesterday after work and went to bed at 9:30. It was glorious. Still a bit stuffy in the nose so hopefully will be feeling better tomorrow!
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My internet is being slow and these pages aren't loading right, which is making me impatient, so I can't go through and tag the appropriate people :/ Maybe I will try again in an hour and edit it with the tags, but:

- Yes, things were hectic over the holidays, which kept me away from the bump (I'm not a mobile bumper, just a laptop one)

- FTM and while I am rather curious to know what a mucus plug looks like, I'm sure glad I missed the one on the third tri board!! Ack. 

- There is indeed a setting on the Amazon baby registry to turn off the email purchase notifications. It is taking all my willpower to not go through and peek at what baby boy has already been gifted! :D 

- Someone at work today told me "oh wow, I hadn't realized you were pregnant!" (while I was standing there talking about my baby with another co-worker). I think maybe she meant it as a compliment or something... except that I have a giant belly right now so it could also imply that she thought I was just getting fat. So awkward. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Options
    Heres a random for you.
    So, I am a high school history teacher. Because we are on a 4 by 4 schedule, students take an entire course in one semester. (Instead of having 7 or 8 classes in a day, they only have 4 and they go to that class for an hour and a half every day.) That means I need to essentially have an entire USVA history class and an entire World History class in sub plans. Whatever, I've been working on them since October so I am almost done. Like, all the assignments are in their binders and I was just working on the instructions sheets. My goal was to be done by the end of January. 

And then.

My boss came to me yesterday and they are changing the master schedule. So now starting in February I am teaching World History and Government. Normally this would be great because we don't have an end of course test for Government and it makes my life easier in February. And ive taught it before, so no big deal. Except those months and months and months of working on sub plans!! I have four 2 inch binders full of stuff that is pretty much worthless now because the plans I leave are very different from the way I teach.  :/

Also my phone died. So that is why I am bumping less frequently. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pandalily @EnglishTeacherMama Thank you!!! I didn't know I could turn off Amazon alerts, but I definitely need to! One more day of peeking and then I'm not looking til the shower (Sunday  :D )