June 2017 Moms
Options

Flame Free Friday Confessions

Confess them here ladies!
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @delujm0 while I was a SAHM for 2 years I didn't touch my blow dryer or flat iron most days.  My hair went straight into the messy "mom bun".  Now that I am working again the days I wash it (haha which are probably way too few to mention) I have to dry and straighten it and it takes forever. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    @fsunole31 oh i go to work without drying or styling my hair haha.  I figure I dress pretty well so that will distract from it?  The days I don't go to the office I'm lucky to even shower never mind style my hair hahaha.  Thank god for my hair's general reasonableness.  I barely have time to eat breakfast some mornings, there's no way I could go back to dealing with my hair on a daily basis!

I try not to put it in a pony at the office though.  At least then it's not completely obvious that I DGAF.
  • Options
    @itsfine maybe I am missing something, but are you referring to specific threads or just in general?
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    I'm not only addicted to TB but my most recent obsession is realself... I've started narrowing down my options for a plastic surgeon and which procedures I'm going to have after this baby... it will be a good 18 months+ after delivery as I plan to breastfeed for a year and need everything as close to back to normal as possible...

So I guess my confession is that I judged other women so hard about having plastic surgery and now I'm jumping on the band wagon as soon as I can!!

FTR I was leaning toward just living with my twin skin as I didn't want to risk any issues with anesthesia for cosmetic reasons but now that I learned I have a decent sized hernia that I have to go under for anyway... full steam ahead!
  • Options
    @michaela0704 not gonna lie I've decided I'm going to get lipo on my belly and thighs if I can't get the weight off in a timely fashion after this baby.  My career depends on being within weight standards and I haven't spent 16 years in the navy only to be kicked out for being fat shortly before I'm eligible to retire.  
  • Options
    *Im aware this will come off super stalkerish*
    I've been trying to find the military wife poster who was surprised by her third child born with Down syndrome. She had posted her Instagram info and I missed it. I was so amazed by her story and strength. Anyway I can't find her on any of the old threads now... so here I am confessing my creeping while also hoping someone knows who I'm referring to
  • Options
    michaela0704michaela0704 member
    edited January 2017
    @Wearmi1 one of my best friends growing up was in the navy, aviation mechanic, and it is tough being pregnant/mom in the navy!  She mentioned a lot about the physical requirements and just everything... its added pressure most women don't have... so I don't blame you!  

FTR I don't mean any of that in a negative regard to the navy as I am so grateful for all active and retired military folks!  There are just high standards which I completely understand the need for...
  • Options
    I don't take any offense to what you said @michaela0704.... it's stressful.   I was stressed about it before even getting pregnant.  In my opinion 6 months to get the weight off is not enough time to lose the weight safely.   
  • Options
    This is kinda dear diary-ish so I apologize. 

My son is 14 months and goes to an in-home daycare run by the sister of my husbands best friend. He has become addicted to his pacifier and its creating problems at home. I decided this weekend would be the best one to take the pacifier away in regards to my work schedule. We started last night. At home, he only has it to sleep but at daycare he has it all the time. I had mentioned previously to daycare lady that I want it gone. 

Well, last night I posted on Facebook that night 1 of paci weaning was under way. I posted this so she would see it and know I mean business on the no paci deal. She commented that it was not a crime to let him have it and that I was doing my son a disservice by taking it away. I explained that it's become a major problem at home and that his pediatrician wanted it gone to months ago. She replies that the doctor doesn't need to know and it's her opinion that I'm only going to hurt my son by taking it away so early. 

• Options
    @kassyfry simple solution, just don't bring one to daycare... I hate how people try to tell others how to parent their child, so ridiculous!  if it makes you feel better, our daycare didn't let kids have them in the Toddlers program so once they left the infant room... no more pacifier and we just took it away one day about a week before they turned 1... they were fine, they weren't harmed by it, they were probably better off from a dental/ortho perspective.  I've seen 4/5 year olds with them on planes and I seriously can't help but side-eye that... seriously, I didn't know they made them that big!
  • Options
    @michaela0704 that won't work. She has a stash of them there that get washed each day and kept on hand for the kids. We take nothing to day care, just him. She can give one to the kids at any time wether I provide it or not. 
  • Options
    @kassyfry boo... that's not cool - you may just have to be stern with her in person... like mama bear style, if you have to...
  • Options
    FSUNole31 said:
    @itsfine maybe I am missing something, but are you referring to specific threads or just in general?
    Just in general. Nothing specific. Maybe more towards the drive-bys and lurkers that some to throw a pity party. 
  • Options
    I'm not only addicted to TB but my most recent obsession is realself... I've started narrowing down my options for a plastic surgeon and which procedures I'm going to have after this baby... it will be a good 18 months+ after delivery as I plan to breastfeed for a year and need everything as close to back to normal as possible...

So I guess my confession is that I judged other women so hard about having plastic surgery and now I'm jumping on the band wagon as soon as I can!!

FTR I was leaning toward just living with my twin skin as I didn't want to risk any issues with anesthesia for cosmetic reasons but now that I learned I have a decent sized hernia that I have to go under for anyway... full steam ahead!
    I have had cosmetic surgery. If you are considering a breast augmentation I can answer a lot of your questions!
  • Options
    @kassyfry That is really not cool. It is your call, not hers. I would just try to not engage her in the reasoning anymore, since she is clearly being respectful about it. I would just repeat to her that this is your decision you are making as his parent and you expect her to follow. It doesn't matter if she approves of it. Easier said than done though. Paci weaning is hard enough without someone working against you!
  • Options
    @kassyfry as a childcare worker I hate to read this! This is very unprofessional. The teacher and parents need to work together on issues like these. I would suggest finding a new place to go even though I know that is easier said than done. I've actually had the opposite problem where parents say they want them taken away and so we don't use it at school and then over the weekend the parents give in and give it back. It's awful! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kfitz1900 said:
    *Im aware this will come off super stalkerish*
    I've been trying to find the military wife poster who was surprised by her third child born with Down syndrome. She had posted her Instagram info and I missed it. I was so amazed by her story and strength. Anyway I can't find her on any of the old threads now... so here I am confessing my creeping while also hoping someone knows who I'm referring to
    I only remember this from the NIPT thread, and there she didn't share her instagram or mention the military, I don't think, but it was LilLee11 if I am thinking of the same person. 
  • Options
    @sls I use regular bath products on DD. My skin is actually more sensitive than her's, so we've ended up just using the same soap because I know it'll work for her.
  • Options
    I am grading these stories about a kid getting a job at a candy store and all I want to do is go to a candy store now.  That seriously may be what I do tonight when I get home and just tell my husband it is a treat for my daughters birthday that was on Wednesday.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    @daniev825 DH and I are at the end of season two right now!  I watched seasons 1, 2, and some of 3 like 3 years ago, but I don't remember much.  I've been begging him to watch it with me since he's so into politics and finally got him to give in to it.  I think Kerry Washington helped that cause some too. 
  • Options
    I haven't had my hair cut in over a year and half. 

I am the worst at any sort of "girly" upkeep. Hair, eyebrows, nails. They're just on the back burner. My poor husband. 
  • Options
    @kassyfry I would be so pissed! Sounds like you'll have to put your foot down. How rude of her to post that stuff on Facebook! Non of her business! She should just do what you say. 

@kfitz1900 I'm not sure what her bump name is but I think I'm following her on Instagram.  I'll have to check.  

I wish so much that I could air dry my hair and it not look like hell.  I also can't wear it up without a headache so I wash it every other night and straighten or curl it a little in the morning.  I hate doing my hair.  

I also use real adult hair products on my DD.  My conditioner and its a 10 leave in make her hair so much easier to handle.  
  • Options
    @Mother0fDragons I don't even want to discuss my eyebrows!  I keep meaning to try and pluck them to fix them a little, but can't find the good tweezers so I keep putting it off.  It is getting bad!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    We even use adult hair products on my boys... no shame... DS1, one of my twins, has my hair (poor guy) so it is thick, wavy and somewhat course texture so it craves moisture.  We've used tea tree oil shampoo and lavender shampoo on both twins, with some added lavender conditioner for DS1.
  • Options
    ladylolly89ladylolly89 member
    edited January 2017
    I used to have highlights and a trim regularly, plus wear makeup every day. I think I have had my hair trimmed twice in the past year, and that kind of makes me sad (my hair is quite long, which is the only way I can reasonably get away with that!). Money is tighter now that I am a SAHM, but DH said we can fit it in. I just personally have a hard time justifying it with all of our other costs. 

My mom always wore/wears makeup, and I have worn it since I was a teenager. Granted, I wore too much then and a lot less now (part of the growing up process, I guess?). But my younger sister (14) and my brothers' wives hardly wear any at all. Ever.

None of the women on DH's side wear makeup unless it's a special occasion, so even with minimal makeup I tend to look all made up when we have family gatherings. :neutral: 
    One of his SILs has only had her makeup done for her wedding or when she is on stage in some way, so basically every time she applies it herself it ends up looking like stage makeup or Michelle Duggar. Her husband hates makeup, but I think I know why...

Edit: I think I meant to post this in the UO thread from yesterday, but oh well.
  • Options
    I've always been like this. Motherhood didn't change it. I get a lot of "me time" but I use it for other activities.