February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/9)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/9)

• @Jab3 Holy shit, I am so so sorry. This seriously has me in tears, and I just can't imagine how you must feel. My thoughts are with you and your family. 
  • Oh @Jab3 that has me in tears just reading that. I can't imagine what you guys are going through right now. They really do become a part of the family. I'm so so sorry for your family's loss :(
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Man @jab3 you're having a rough go 
  • @Jab3 (((((hugs))))) I'm so sorry sweety
  • @Jab3 I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is horrible pain.
  • Thanks @beern and @aussie45. The pic of him on my moms bed was when he started acting a little "off." Just staring out the window like that. Of course looking back now, I can see the signs something was truly wrong with him. Was too wrapped up in all the other stupid shit we have have had going on to realize we would lose him soon. He was slowly slipping away. He knew he was dying. 

My mind keeps fucking with me, playing tricks on me like I'll think I hear him coming around the corner and I get all excited, then it hits me like a ton of bricks and I have to force myself to remember he's gone and I will never, ever have him again. I haven't seen as many tears fall from H's face since Monday night til now in the past 10 years we've been together. Jack was like the one stable constant in our lives throughout all this uncertainty and turmoil over the years. He represented a simpler time in my life when I can actually remember feeling truly happy and now I feel like a little light I had inside just went out and everything is dark, scary and lonely. This reminds me of that song "on and on it seems to go, but you don't know what you've got til it's gone..."
  • Thanks @yogadevil and @foxrosy. I know @perrasucia, I hesitated posting this because if I was someone reading all my posts I would seriously be thinking there's no way in hell one persons life contains that much drama. I'm ashamed to admit, but I'm the type to always be worrying about what others think, but am finally reaching a point where I really don't care anymore. It's one thing after another and I'm feeling bitter and terrified. It's like, what's next? 

Im trying to remember all I have (which is a lot) to still be grateful for and just take it day by day. I see a counselor weekly. Leaning heavily on H for support. As soon as I'm able to after pregnancy/breastfeeding is over I plan to go back on meds. But I would be a lying liar to make myself out to be a positive optimistic person at this point. Im not. I already felt like I was hanging by a thread prior to this happening and now... yeah. 
  • All the biggest hugs to you, @Jab3. I'm so sorry you've been faced with all of this, and I don't think anyone here is judging you in the slightest. Hoping you get into a serious upswing soon! 
  • I'm so sorry @Jab3. It's not fair for that to happen at a time like this. Please remember that your pup knew how loved he was and led a happy family life most dogs only dream of and forgive yourself for being out on the last day. I'm just so sorry. 
  • @Jab3, I know exactly how you feel,  and I am so very sorry for your loss.  We just lost our beloved dog in November, and it was unexpected and awful.   They really are the first babies and the best company.  I still go to call her every time I drop food, and I hate coming home to an empty house.   

Big hugs,  I understand.   PM if you ever want to talk.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Jab3 so sorry for the loss of your pup :'( losing a pet is so very hard. Hugs! 
  • @Jab3 im so sorry to hear about your dog. It is absolutely heartbreaking & completely understandable to be so devestated, pets are very much a part of your family. Praying for better times ahead for you & your family! Xxx
  • Oh, @Jab3 I'm so sorry! He was a total cutie and sounds like he was an awesome dog. That's the worst. My heart hurts for you and your family. 
  • Also just caught up on butt baby! @kswiger06 thank you for making my morning! That is hilarious!
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your dog @Jab3! He was beautiful ❤

also, baby butt was a good thing to wake up to, lol.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @Jab3 I'm so sorry about your pup. But it sounds like he was very well loved for his nine years. Hoping you and your family can catch a break soon. 
  • @Jab3 So sorry about your fur baby. We have a chocolate lab that DD refers to as her sister, so I know how much pets can be part of the family. Sorry you have to deal with this now. 
  • @Jab3 I'm crying just reading your story. I am so so sorry for your loss, pets truly are real members of the family. Do not beat yourself up now about not seeing any signs, since there was probably nothing you could have done. It sounds like he was extremely loved for his entire life with you guys. Big hugs and I hope you and your family can get through all of this  <3
  • I am so sorry @Jab3, losing a beloved pet is such a sad thing  :'( Jack was such a cute dog from the pictures. Sending you creepy internet hugs!
  • @Jab3 What a beautiful pup! I'm so sorry for your loss. Please try to forgive yourself-- he was so obviously loved and well taken care of. He had a good, long life and was surrounded by people be loved in the end. Dogs truly are our first babies and they are members of the family. Hang in there.

**hugs**
  • @Jab3  I am so sorry. I hope things begin to get better for you guys. Dogs are the best. I hope eventually you are able to remember the joy he brought vs. feeling nothing but pain each time you think of him. 

**hugs**
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • kjd291 said:
    Anyone else having a late in the game baby shower? I have one being thrown by very kind old church ladies, but they scheduled it for 38wks... I'm hoping I make it! 

Yeah I'm probably alone here, but I still side eye second showers in as many years. 
    Your not alone. Funnily enough, I side eye them too! I tried to explain this to the women trying to throw it for me and told them I point blank didn't want one. They told me this offended them and that I didn't really have a say because they wanted to do this for us and didn't understand why I would care and scheduled it anyway.  So... yeah. 
  • @jab3 I'm so sorry for the loss of your Jack. He looks like he was an absolute sweetie. Things you have been dealt lately are really unfair. Sometimes pets are there for us in a different way than people, and losing a "best friend" can be so so difficult on the entire family. I am so sorry for everything you are going through and I'll be praying that things start looking up very quickly.  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited January 2017
    @Jab3 So sorry, I was a wreck after I lost my first dog. Sending you awkward internet hug. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Also @kswiger06 ive only just managed to crawl back out of the rabbit hole of the birth cert mistress thread & holy ish it was a bit mental! 
  • @Jab3 - I'm so sorry about your dog.  I can't even imagine what you're going through.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Jab3 I am so sorry about your pup, losing a pet is one of the hardest things to go through. And please don't feel bad, you gave him a wonderful home and life for 9 years, that's what matters. And you were there for him last night. Hopefully your new baby girl will be the beginning of better times for you and your family
  • Also @kswiger06 ive only just managed to crawl back out of the rabbit hole of the birth cert mistress thread & holy ish it was a bit mental! 
    OMG, people, links!! You can't just tease us... Not all of us are as good at sleuthing. ;-)
  • edited January 2017
    Also @kswiger06 ive only just managed to crawl back out of the rabbit hole of the birth cert mistress thread & holy ish it was a bit mental! 
    OMG, people, links!! You can't just tease us... Not all of us are as good at sleuthing. ;-)
    The links are both on the previous page! @kswiger06 is good to us like that!

eta: if never have been able to find it myself!
  • My MIL told me at my first shower that she will be throwing the shower for my second baby. (This is the woman who tried to throw a second shower for me for this baby, one that would require me to travel for 3+ hours to attend, in a town where I know no one.... hahaha no). 

When I said I didn't really find second showers to be necessary, especially since all our gear will still be good for a second baby, she gave me some blah blah blah about celebrating every baby. I decided to wait until closer to to tell her that if she tries to throw a second shower, it will be a shower without a guest of honour, because I'm flat out not going. If she wants to throw a glamma shower, that's her prerogative, but I won't be a part of it. 
  • @poetryandoceans exactly. Like if it's to celebrate the new baby why not wait till the baby is actually here?  Showers are to celebrate the mom to be. 
  • Baby showers are meant to welcome a woman into motherhood. Based on that, i don't get why people get more than one for whatever reason. IMO, it just seems gift grabby whichever way you swing it. 
    We've had 4 baby showers foe this baby. We got 2 surprise showers from our work places and one "beer and diaper party" H's guy friends are throwing him. But my friends/family were only invited to one traditional baby shower that my Godmother hosted with 3 of my best friends.

Frankly, Ive been very surprised at how generous our village has been and didn't expect all that. I don't see how that is gift grabby.
  • @Gretchypoo I should probably specify that I meant with subsequent pregnancies. 
    If different groups of people decide to throw you a little something for your first baby, then great. I'll just find it tacky if they do it again for your next one :wink:
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @Gretchypoo I should probably specify that I meant with subsequent pregnancies. 
    If different groups of people decide to throw you a little something for your first baby, then great. I'll just find it tacky if they do it again for your next one :wink:
    That I agree with!
  • I've had 2 showers for this baby. My third baby. Not something I would have planned, but I was very grateful and had fun at both. 

My friends threw the first one and said it was because they didn't know me when I had babies before, it's been 6 years since my 2nd was born, and its a girl, my older 2 are boys.
    The second was from ladies at my husband's work. I assume it was because all of his coworkers are middle aged ladies and just love babies.

• Well, I guess I'm just a pushover. I didn't know what to do. After the third or fourth time I told them no, I ultimately gave in and said that I would try and graciously accept the party when they seemed very offended by me not being appreciative of their desire to do so. 
    In their defense it's a church shower thrown by women that didn't know me when I had my first because we've moved to a new town, so none of them have showered my family before. Hopefully it's only a dozen little old ladies and I can be thankful instead of worrying about what anyone else things of me having a shower for my second baby ((I did put my foot down and insist none of my family and friends be invited since they already haven for our first.)
  • @PerraSucia what happened after you got that mystery box thing you told us about? Did you get anymore packages or anything?
    Pregnancy Ticker