February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/9)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/9)

• LOL @kswiger06, my DD comes downstairs in her sleep a few nights a week. I just turn her around, walk her upstairs, and put her back in bed. It's pretty amusing though!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on being an aunt @scifichick09! Yay :)
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @scifichick09 yaaaay!!! That is awesome the cousins will be so close in age :-)
  • So, over winter break I cleaned my kitchen really really well. And this morning I reached for a dish towel and found mouse poop ALL OVER all our dish towels! And a 1/2 eaten apple. EW EW EW EW EW EW. So either I had mice and my cleaning scared them from their normal home without me noticing OR all this god-awful cold weather drove them into the house. 

Either way H is getting traps and setting them up after work and I'll be scrubbing everything we own with bleach... Fun times.
    Uggggg that sucks!! We had lots of mice when we moved in to our house this summer and I cried about them.  DH got the traps where they have to go all the way in and they get stuck in there and they worked great.  Like this:

https://www.lifeandhome.com/tomcat-0360610-kill-contain-mouse-trap-plastic.html?gclid=CKjvzOGoutECFYtMDQod2PQOew
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @CurlyCupcake21!! Sending that to H right now...
  • So, over winter break I cleaned my kitchen really really well. And this morning I reached for a dish towel and found mouse poop ALL OVER all our dish towels! And a 1/2 eaten apple. EW EW EW EW EW EW. So either I had mice and my cleaning scared them from their normal home without me noticing OR all this god-awful cold weather drove them into the house. 

Either way H is getting traps and setting them up after work and I'll be scrubbing everything we own with bleach... Fun times.
    We don't have mice...but silverfish. No idea where they come from, but our traps have reduced their numbers significantly. ugh ugh ugh
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Oh no @Gretchypoo! Weve always found that a piece of chocolate in the traps works the best! Hopefully you get them sorted! Is there an exterminaton company that can come check around the house to see where theyre getting in & block it up? Apparently they can get in a hole as small as a biro pen!
  • @Gretchypoo omg that sounds like a nightmare. I would've been nauseated and on an OCD cleaning spree. lol. As if nesting isn't bad already...
  • @Gretchypoo UGH That sucks! We always have used peanut butter in mouse traps in the past. Also, not to be gross, **Gross warning**  but they do have electric options now if your DH is squeamish about things and you don't care about live traps... it is quick, and no guts.
    ** end gross warning**
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @gretchypoo my husband does commercial wildlife nuisance removal, and has found these traps to be really effective... everytime I try to get the actual link, the Walmart app opens up so I did a screen shot... but anyway you put the trap against a wall (like the back or side of that cabinet) and the mice will walk in and get stuck... they are trapped live so if you choose to release them you can or you can drown them if that's more your style. But they are reusable so you'd have it forever... in our store we bought them for $7 a piece. You shouldn't need bait, but my husband throws a little peanut butter in as a lure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo another option to keep them out is put a little peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place them around your house. Something about the smell keeps them away. We had a mouse problem a few years ago and it helped a ton! Plus, your house smells like peppermint!
  • Hahahaha!!!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo It's actually been in the news lately that the sudden cold weather in my area has driven rodents inside. So probably not your masterful cleaning, just a really unfortunate coincidence. 
  • Not near as creepy as a rodent, but I saw a roach crawl out of my kitchen drain the other night and FREAKED....I washed everything in and around the sink, scrubbed the counters, mopped the floor....it was ridiculous.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not near as creepy as a rodent, but I saw a roach crawl out of my kitchen drain the other night and FREAKED....I washed everything in and around the sink, scrubbed the counters, mopped the floor....it was ridiculous.
    This happened when we first moved into our house. It was a foreclosure so it had been empty for months. We bought this gel that you put like near the drain and it works really well if you want a link! Roaches are the WORST! 
  • Keeping with the infestation theme: I moved to our guest bedroom last night because I wasn't really able to sleep and didn't want to keep my husband awake, and I heard all kinds of scratching and scampering in the attic :( It sounds like squirrels to me - hoping it's nothing scarier like a racoon - eek!
  • Lol who here is friends with erinh84 and told her to check out our drama threads from the beginning?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want this link to the drama thread! I always seem to miss the good stuff, and honestly I need some entertainment for tonight's episode of So You Think You Can Sleep
  • @beern both may and June have (had) drama threads. I believe may is still going, it's called something about alpacas... and June's got shut down but still has pages and pages to read and look through... it was the great llama thread... or something like that. From what I gather July and August have tons of drama all the time lol
    Pregnancy Ticker