July 2017 Moms
Options

NT Scan and gender?

13»

Re: NT Scan and gender?

• Options

Lurking from June.... Ya'll bring me so much entertainment early in the morning!

• Options
    LmBahr said:
    hi ladies got this ultrasound done at 12 weeks 2 days and the tech said the nub looked very much like a girl. We're really hoping so :) what do you think? 
    Congrats! It's a unicorn! Looks like the start of a tail to me. 

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashaw512 she CAN - I would just prefer she didn't haha
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Ok, so it looks like alot of you ladies are able to tell at the NT what sex the baby is. I was wondering if I should bring my husband?
  • Options
    Ok, so it looks like alot of you ladies are able to tell at the NT what sex the baby is. I was wondering if I should bring my husband?
    They can probably give you a reasonable guess, but won't confirm it until the anatomy scan at ~18 weeks, or through additional testing. If you want them to venture a guess and for your husband to be there for the guess, bring him. Otherwise, just bring him to the anatomy scan later.
  • Options
    Mine wouldn't say but looking back she definitely seemed to be trying to lead us to investigate the butt shot she had. We totally missed it.
    Oh well! None of it looked terribly human to me anyway.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    I'm surprised so many U/S techs here are giving their opinion on sex at the NT scan without even a preface to make sure you don't paint the nursery yet.  
  • Options
    @CarsonsMommy I would take your husband anyways. Mine hadn't been able to go to anything else, and I knew he was not feeling very attached to the baby, but when he saw his baby moving on the ultrasound, he almost cried. He was so filled with joy he didn't stop smiling the whole way home, and my husband is not a smiler. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    Last round, I was 13.5 weeks at my NT scan and two techs verified with 100% certainty it was a girl...and they were right. I would take my husband just in case, but not every tech is going to give you that guarantee. At 13 weeks, without additional genetic testing, it is often just a guess. We just got lucky! But I'm glad hubby was there. This NT scan,  I'll only be 12.5 weeks (tomorrow) so I'm not even expecting them to tell us anything, although I wouldn't be disappointed if they did venture a guess! 
  • Options
    @kerils My DH is the same way.  Because I don't get morning sickness and I'm not showing yet, it sometimes seems like DH forgets I'm pregnant.  But when he sees the ultrasounds, oh man, does he get excited.  He insists on going to every appointment now because he wants to see.  It's the cutest thing. 

@CarsonsMommy Maybe just give him the option of going along?  Let him decide for himself.
  • Options
    I'm surprised so many U/S techs here are giving their opinion on sex at the NT scan without even a preface to make sure you don't paint the nursery yet.  
    We will probably not do a nursery, we Co sleep in the same room for the first year+. And he probably will go, just because our son is hard to keep still/is a very busy one year old. I'm not even sure if an ultrasound will be done at this appointment, as I just switched Obs. But wanted your opinion. THANK YOU LADIES for your input! Definately taking him just in case.