March 2017 Moms
Options

Monday B fest day after Christmas edition

2»

Re: Monday B fest day after Christmas edition

• Options
    @direwolfmini They are totally from another planet!! She'll talk to everyone in Hungarian and then look at me and smile as if I'm suppose to agree with or find humor in what she just said. I just want to scream, "I have no idea what yoU are talking about lady and you know it!!". Thankfully my husband will only respond to her in English. 
    Half of her communications to me and are through generic hand gestures....I just nod and smile. 
    My biggest problem with them when our first was born was that they didn't understand why I didn't freely pass her around for them to awww over. Whenever we would go over their house they would crowd around her and grab at her or try to take her from me. Some kids might be OK with that but my daughter is not, she would start hysterical crying which would put me on a rampage. We would have to yell at them to back off! We don't force our daughter to go or hug anyone she doesnt want to. It took over a year, but they finally get it. 
    They really have some weird sense of parental entitlement and it carries over to what "rights" they think they have with the grandchildren too, if that makes any sense. As if my husband "owes" her for her scarifices as a mother. Meanwhile my DH is a wonderful son to his parents.

whatever! Obviously I can go on forever with this subject. But I feel for ya and totally get all of it!!!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited January 2017
    *lurking from July 17*

This thread is great! You make me appreciate my crazy MIL. The worst she's done so far (granted she's only known about baby for a few weeks) is try to convince me to find out baby's sex so she can get good deals on clothes. 

@kiyamurph - I would be sooo tempted to teach your child to call MIL "Nana First Name" like Nana Sandy or whatever. That way it's different from your mom being Nana. :)

edit for typos
  • Options
    ***LONG***
    My only grievance from the holidays is that my inlaws came over Christmas Day to visit, and they have this dog....she bites my 18 mo son, nips and snaps at him, follows him around and acts like she is on the verge of freaking out on him constantly. We can't figure out why, the other 4 kids do not receive the same treatment. The dog is so spoiled and a huge brat, she sees me and jumps DIRECTLY on my stomach. The inlaws of course are totally blind and see no flaws with her, when it comes to the dog, it is always someone else's fault. So we were all visiting and the dog snapped at my kid agin while he was in FILs lap. My husband reached over instinctively and smacked her on the haunch, didn't make a sound or make her yelp, just his first reaction to try and get the dog to stop biting our freaking kid!!! The dog is a solid 45 lbs, not at all hurt by the smack. FIL immediately got silent and so angry, DH pointed out the dogs attempt and he denied it, so DH took DS from FIL. MIL steps in and says "we don't hit your kids so don't hit our dog" and FIL takes off outside with the dog. MIL is just sitting on the couch with this horribly haughty and uncharacteristically bitchy look on her face. Dead silent as though waiting for DH to apologize. So it all turned into a big kerfuffle with everyone blaming DH and making him look like that bad guy, and FIL didn't even say goodbye to anyone and sent one of the kids to tell MIL he wanted to go. They're usually such nice people, just so blind when it comes to their stupid dog. DH even finally apologized and FIL just told him to piss off. So a tiny incident over a dog became huge deal and i hate that!! I always assumed a human grandchild would be more important than a dog but not everyone thinks like me, so it mostly made me sad to see people that usually get along swimmingly arguing and being spiteful over an animal. Other than that, my life is blessedly irritant-free haha. 

I agree one hundred percent that the dog should not be allowed back in your house. And I am a huge dog and animal lover!! But here is the thing. The dog might just be snapping now, and even the dog might have the plan of only using it as a warning, but one mistake can lead to a trip to the ER. I remember when I was a kid a friend of mine was playing with a dog (nicely) and the dog suddenly snapped at his face, caught his lip, and ripped it in half up to this nose. This friend was probably something like twelve at the time. Point is as much as we love our dogs they are still animals and this one has already shown on more than one occasion that it is willing to snap it's sharp teeth at a baby. It will be far more upsetting if the dog is banned after having to have baby rushed to ER for stitches to it's face rather than this having been the final incident.

• Options
    @kiyamurph

I think you might enjoy reading the subreddit JUSTNOMIL https://www.reddit.com/r/JUSTNOMIL/

Actually a few people on here might. It's basically a forum for people dealing with awful in-laws. They share their stories, commiserate, give advice, vent.... it seems to be quite therapeutic at times, especially when you see others going through similar, or far worse issues with their mother or father in law. (it can also be very entertaining)

• Options
    @kiyamurph

I think you might enjoy reading the subreddit JUSTNOMIL https://www.reddit.com/r/JUSTNOMIL/

Actually a few people on here might. It's basically a forum for people dealing with awful in-laws. They share their stories, commiserate, give advice, vent.... it seems to be quite therapeutic at times, especially when you see others going through similar, or far worse issues with their mother or father in law. (it can also be very entertaining)
    Believe me, I read this! Definitely makes me feel better about having a shitty MIL. I've thought about posting on there but haven't yet.
  • Options
    @silverbulletband I would not want that dog back in my house. A 45lb dog can do some serious damage to an 18 mo and it doesn't sound like its been trained at all. A dog that size jumping all over everyone would be obnoxious anyway. If they can't control their animal, it would not be allowed back. 

I do like the word kerfuffle though  :D
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker