June 2017 Moms

Movements

Re: Movements

• 17 weeks and nothing.  FTM with an anterior placenta.  I want to feel the baby!!!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FTM and 17w6d and I've been feeling more and more movement. I only feel him in the morning or at night when I'm sitting still. 

Last night he was so active that I was having a hard time falling asleep because of all the movement. 
  • Loading the player...
  • In between 15 and 16 weeks with #3. I haven't felt anything that I'm certain is baby. I may have felt baby, or I may have felt gas. I don't know. 

I don't remember being certain that I was feeling baby with either of my older two until 20 weeks or more. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • acrose0226acrose0226 member
    edited January 2017
    I took a break from connectivity over the holiday, but am now catching up on all the threads! 

I felt the baby move for the first time on Christmas Day -- best present ever! I was sitting and reading and felt four pretty distinct taps...I said to my hubs, "I just felt the baby!!!" I've felt a few more flutters since then but not consistently and not every day. I'm looking forward to when it's more constant, and also to when the kicks/punches are strong enough for hubs to feel them as well!!

Edit: I'm currently 15w5d; felt the first movement at 14w3d.
  • In between 15 and 16 weeks with #3. I haven't felt anything that I'm certain is baby. I may have felt baby, or I may have felt gas. I don't know

I don't remember being certain that I was feeling baby with either of my older two until 20 weeks or more. 

This, me too.  Sometimes in bed in the early morning, when I'm laying on my side, I feel something that MIGHT be the baby...but honestly it could be anything.  I have no idea.

DD was anterior placenta, so aside from one solid kick I felt right at 18w, I felt nothing until after 20w.  And I didn't feel daily movement until about 24w.  I am thankful for that placenta pillow though, because I rarely felt any movement that was painful or disrupted my sleep or anything.  not many kicks, just a lot of general moving around.  This one is posterior placenta so I don't know what I will feel and when.

• I really can't tell what is baby movement or something else. I'm a STM and 17 weeks and I'm just not sure. Could've been feeling the baby for a few weeks now, could've just been bodily functions. 
  • I've been feeling a few kicks throughout the day. The kicks & movements are my favorite part of pregnancy, so I can't wait to feel more!
  • I keep thinking I feel something but I'm really not sure. My MIL said I'll definitely know when I feel it. Stop. You were pregnant over 30 years ago! You know nothing! I don't take advice from her very well obviously!! Once it's kicking I'm sure I'll know but right now it could be the baby or my intestines! I felt something strange last night but I think it was too high. Oh and I'm 15w2d. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • alm52386 said:
    I keep thinking I feel something but I'm really not sure. My MIL said I'll definitely know when I feel it. Stop. You were pregnant over 30 years ago! You know nothing! I don't take advice from her very well obviously!! Once it's kicking I'm sure I'll know but right now it could be the baby or my intestines! I felt something strange last night but I think it was too high. Oh and I'm 15w2d. 
    This. Any time I make any sort of comment about a pregnancy symptom she acts as if she's my OB. I really just wish she would shut up. I wasn't close to her pre-pregnancy and this is not a bonding experience for her and I... if anything it's making me dislike her even more. 

Anyhow, I am on that same train of having no idea if I'm feeling the baby move or it's gas. :/
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Felt distinct baby movement today at 18w. Movements were triggered by my MW using the Doppler to find a hb. 
    She laughed and commented that even without a hb she could feel a healthy baby moving in there A LOT!  :)

Felt movements again after dinner. Still very low in my pelvis which could be why I didn't notice them earlier. I was expecting to feel something around my belly button, not near my pubic bone

• STM, 18 weeks yesterday and I felt distinct movements. It was the end of the day and I drank a glass of ice water and then sat down. I thought I may have felt something last week, but I wasn't sure. This time I was sure.  :) Definitely didn't feel movement this early in my first pregnancy.
  • I'm 16+2 FTM and I really don't think I've felt anything. A couple times I thought maybeee that could be baby but it probably wasn't. At my 10w ultrasound I had an anterior placenta. I haven't had an ultrasound since so unless it has moved I don't expect to feel much for awhile. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 17w 2d and I haven't felt anything yet. 
  • This LO is driving me crazy! I have definitely felt movement, but not as much as with #1 (and I was anterior with him). Come on baby. Give me some more wiggles. 
  • Finally felt movmement on Christmas and at least once a day (sometimes more) since.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• I've been having feelings I think are movement but I'm not willing to call it just yet. I'm 18 weeks today and I feel like all I'm waiting for is to have that definitive moment. Is having an anterior placenta something you're typically told about? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I just started feeling movement over weekend, sometimes its painful. Like ouch thats my bladder. My husband felt it sunday on the outside. I am 17.3 weeks. I will add I am very small so may be why he felt it, I cant remember with my first how early or late it was but i know you could feel him on outside by 20 weeks. 
  • For any STM+: When would you be concerned about not feeling any movement? I am 19 weeks today and still haven't felt LO at all.  I believe I felt DD a little earlier than this the last time around. 
  • For any STM+: When would you be concerned about not feeling any movement? I am 19 weeks today and still haven't felt LO at all.  I believe I felt DD a little earlier than this the last time around. 
    I don't think I would be too concerned yet. Do you know if you have an anterior placenta? That could be why.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
    I'm trying not to freak out. I'm a STM+ and I know I have felt the other earlier. I can't be certain I've felt movement yet, but I'm banking on an anterior placenta.

When is your a/s?
  • meilay said:
    I've been having feelings I think are movement but I'm not willing to call it just yet. I'm 18 weeks today and I feel like all I'm waiting for is to have that definitive moment. Is having an anterior placenta something you're typically told about? 
    Last time I wasn't told that I had an anterior placenta until my anatomy scan, and then she said that I probably wouldn't feel much movement because of that. So not the case...DS was a wiggle-butt and I had been feeling him since 14 weeks. Either I wasn't fully anterior or he was just EXCEPTIONALLY wiggly; still not sure how I felt him so early and often. 
  • @JAGinMI @Stankonia2014 @ladylolly89 : I've only had the initial u/s, but they didn't mention anything about if it was anterior. I go next Friday for my appointment, so if everything looks alright I will definitely ask that. I am just so paranoid because I don't feel like I am pregnant at all (which is probably just because it's 2nd tri) or that my belly has grown in the last couple weeks.

While I'm glad I'm not the only one, I hate that you are also going through it! The worry is the worst. FX for healthy, active babies!
  • I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow. I felt something last week but haven't really since. Makes me a little nervous, but I'll make an effort to lay still and see if I can feel him tonight.
  • @meilay my OB didn't tell me but I asked at my appt this week after he did a quick u/s.  I told him I felt the baby about 2 weeks prior but was anxious due to not feeling him again... and he told me I have an anterior placenta and that it isn't guaranteed that I wont feel him very much but I will probably feel the baby less than I would have... but that is subjective as it is a reduction of this baby's activity but I could still end up feeling him a lot.
  • I was 19 weeks yesterday and have only felt the baby a handful of times; and usually will go days without anything. At my appointment this week when she was finding the heartbeat the baby kicked the doppler MULTIPLE times. But I didn't feel anything. Stinker.
  • 16+4 STM and felt for the first time very distinct movements last night and this morning, each time when I lay down with ds for a nap. 
  • I think I felt the baby just now. I'm 16w1d. I felt some weird tightening almost....? In the same spot I found the heartbeat yesterday. It lasted 30 seconds or so. Definitely a feeling I've never felt before! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • For baby #1 I felt the first movement at 18 weeks then not again til around 20 weeks and then it was consistent. This pregnancy I felt him at my 16 week sneak peak only because they were pushing on my stomach and I've been feeling him every so often now, I'm 17 weeks
  • I'm almost 18 weeks and I think I felt it for the first time last night! At my last appointment, my midwife said she thinks my placenta might be partially in front based on how loud my blood rushing was when she listened for the heartbeat. 

Over the past couple weeks, I'd think I felt something and then rule it out immediately because it was very obviously gas or way to high or much too hard for a first time feeling. 

Last night was the first time I genuinely think it was baby! It didn't feel like kicks or elbows or anything like that, just sort of a general movement like she was just slowly stretching and wiggling. And it almost had a slightly tingly feeling to it, which was not at all what I was expecting!

Hoping he does it again soon!
  • started feeling movement at 16 weeks exactly. yesterday, 17 wks 5 days, i felt the baby in a ball. i poked that side and the baby kicked (or moved) in response. shocking at first but heartwarming. 

this baby is much active than my first. 
  • DH was able to feel the baby move today! I've only felt very soft, occasional (every few days) movements until today. Today, it felt like the baby was kicking and pushing  against the front of my belly. I'm a FTM at 20+2. The baby is still kicking as I'm laying in bed writing this. So strange and exciting! 
  • kyreno11 said:
    DH was able to feel the baby move today! I've only felt very soft, occasional (every few days) movements until today. Today, it felt like the baby was kicking and pushing  against the front of my belly. I'm a FTM at 20+2. The baby is still kicking as I'm laying in bed writing this. So strange and exciting! 
    I'm 20+5 and definitely have been feeling baby from the outside for the last few days! DH felt baby kick and roll around a few days ago, and tonight at dinner my SIL could feel her kicking just by putting her hand on my bump. MIL seemed very concerned saying "you're only 20 weeks? That can't be right... are they sure you're only 20 weeks?" Yup MIL- had both the dating ultrasound and the anatomy scan and baby is not due sooner than that, lol.
  • ladylolly89ladylolly89 member
    edited January 2017
    DH felt LO move from the outside a few days ago (19 weeks tomorrow). I know we were well past 20 weeks before he could feel DS. What a little wiggle-butt! 

Edit it because I posted too soon.
  • I *might* have felt movement last night when I was going to bed. I'm 17 weeks 4 days and haven't felt anything up to this point, but my doctor said that I have anterior placenta so I wasn't expecting anything. Last night I was going to bed and just lying quietly and felt something kind of like butterflies in my stomach, but in my uterus. I hope it happens again tonight! 
  • I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing same as me (or has). I'm 17+5 today. I felt distinct little jabs every day at least once a day since 16w, except the last few days. As I said, the other days were distinct, but the last few days anything I have felt I would not say was guaranteed baby. I know I'm early for every day movement and shouldn't be bothered BUT just wondering if anyone else has experienced same? 

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • JAGinMI said:
    I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing same as me (or has). I'm 17+5 today. I felt distinct little jabs every day at least once a day since 16w, except the last few days. As I said, the other days were distinct, but the last few days anything I have felt I would not say was guaranteed baby. I know I'm early for every day movement and shouldn't be bothered BUT just wondering if anyone else has experienced same? 
    Yes! Up until the last week or so, I would go a few days consistently feeling baby, and then not at all for several days (kind of freaks me out even as an STM). I am pretty sure that it's normal. 
  • JAGinMI said:
    I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing same as me (or has). I'm 17+5 today. I felt distinct little jabs every day at least once a day since 16w, except the last few days. As I said, the other days were distinct, but the last few days anything I have felt I would not say was guaranteed baby. I know I'm early for every day movement and shouldn't be bothered BUT just wondering if anyone else has experienced same? 
    Yes! Up until the last week or so, I would go a few days consistently feeling baby, and then not at all for several days (kind of freaks me out even as an STM). I am pretty sure that it's normal. 
    Thanks for sharing! It really helps to hear others going through same thing! I agree that it's normal. They have so much room in there right now and plus, for me, all my movement has been on one side so, for all I know, my placenta is on the other side and baby is more over there the last few days.

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Still no movement here at 20 weeks, but the doctor confirmed wlmy suspicion: the placenta is making it harder for the movements to be felt. I'm so envious of you ladies who can feel your LO's moving! I'll try to be patient and hope for some movement in the next month or so. :)
  • @JAGinMI. I am similar. I felt all kinds of jabs at 16 and 17 weeks. I am 19 weeks and haven't really felt anything in a week or two. It is so stressful. I know logically that it is fine but it sure does mess with your head. I have a Doppler, so that helps. I will be so happy when it's consistent.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17