Pregnant after IF

New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

Re: New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

• @tvh1982 that's awesome! Light at the end of the tunnel lol. I added a little bit of rice cereal to his nighttime bottle tonight.. didn't bring me much luck lol 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thanks @griffin5413 that makes sense ! 

@capps42613 I can't believe it's already been a whole month !!! 

@tvh1982 that is so awesome !! You needed that sleep . I hope it keeps up and that she can go for even longer stretches . It's amazing what more than two hours at a time can do .. wonders !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • @capps42613 what a doll Cason is! It's crazy how quickly time flies!
    @tvh1982 glad you got some rest. I want to look into that doll or heated stuffed animal! 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It was amazing. And she's doing fantastic during the day too...I don't know what to do with all this time and free hands!

Have a look at lulladoll.com, it doesn't come cheap, but it seems to work.
    The heated stuffed animal is from warmies.de, I only warmed it ones and it smelled very lavender. Thought it was a bit much for Pia (and she has it really fast really warm) but as it's heavy it makes her feel safe I guess.
    I hear her complaining now in the background. It's only 18:45 here but people are so into fireworks...I don't think it'll be much sleep before 1 o'clock tonight.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Our friends invited us for new years eve dinner to their house and we decided to go . It will be only the host couple and us, and he is the best friend of my H . I just hope that we wont regret this decision, it will be our first social outing. I am little nervous already :)
    Happy new year to you all, 2016 brought us our babies and now I am looking forward to watch this LO grow in 2017.
  • Happy New Year! I'm the only one awake. All the fur babies are sleeping, H is asleep on the couch and LO is asleep in his swing. Hope you all have a great night. I feel blessed to have baby Noah this New Year. A great Christmas gift and birthday gift. I said I wanted a baby before my 40th birthday which is 10 days away.
  • I'm going to check out the lulladoll for sure. 
  • Happy New Year! What an exciting adventure this year is going to be! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How did it go @zoefer?

And of course how did all the little ones do it?

I forgot how crazy fireworks are in the Netherlands, as in Norway it's hardly allowed due to the wooden houses I thought it would be no problem sleeping through it! Boy was I wrong!
    Pia woke up, had a bottle and slept on in her own bed in her own room all alone! 
    I guess she decided that since she's two months today she's a big girl :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @tvh1982 what a great night for Pia! She is making all kinds of leaps this week. 
    So I had every intention of getting to bed early but Eli decided to be super alert and of course I didn't get to sleep until after 12. Then after an hour and a half he was up again. DH is trying to be supportive but In no sleep his comment about why don't u just pump really ticked me off. When would he like me to fit that in to my already no sleep schedule?!?!? Lol
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy new year to all! I look forward to watching all of our LO's grow this year  :) DH and I stayed home (we all have colds). DD had her friend sleepover, which kept her occupied. I had my first and last drink of 2016 last night, a mimosa. Lol We're not really big drinkers here. Cason had an odd night. He drank a bottle at 9pm and just before 12 he was freaking out and wouldn't take a bottle (I think he was appalled by Mariah Carey's performance or something). He went to bed with an empty belly (drank 1 oz from 12am-5am) but has since been eating normally. Weird, just glad he's back to normal. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Not sure where to fit that in @griffin5413
    Such a guys comment really...
    Typically that wee Eli didn't follow your schedule, hope you got a few hours sleep after all!

I would too be upset by Mariah Carey's preformance @capps42613
    Is Cason still back to his old self?

• @tvh1982 sure is! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Happy new year everyone !! 

@zoefer I hope you enjoyed your outing ! 

@tvh1982 man Pia is doing awesome this week ! So happy she's giving you a break !!Hope the streak of sleeping better keeps up !! 

@griffin5413 oh man yah when my husband suggests i do anything I'm like " with what time ?! " I feel like all I do is watch the baby, feed and try to sleep . Where does all the time go ?

@capps42613 oh my goodness I hadn't seen mariahs performance until I read your post and you tubed it . Made my morning !! Lol ... what a train wreck . I hope y'all are over your colds soon that doesn't sound fun :(

DH and I went to a New Years party at a close friends house last night . We brought Vince which made me nervous but he stayed asleep in my ergo the entire time !! We stayed out past midnight which I am now feeling but it was so good to see friends and get out of the house . As for today I'm going to a trail with my husband and in laws to go walking today which will be refreshing since the high here today is 73 degrees ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan so jealous of your weather  :|
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi ladies! Love this thread, and your babies are seriously way too cute! I'll join you soon!
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
  • I feel the same way ladies about getting things done. After taking care of Noah when is there time? I have good intentions of doing certain things but then the day is over and night begins! 
  • Me too @joyzie77 I have a mountain of laundry and dishes . Maybe I'll get to them tomorrow lol 

I am hoping I can get Vince to sleep longer than two hours at a time by the time I go back to work . I'm already wondering how I'm gonna function at work on minimal sleep . Eek 

**BFP and loss warning**

• I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel but I will settle for 4 hours of sleep.  Lol. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel you there, ladies. I've been trying to mop my floors since Christmas...
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Joyzie77Joyzie77 member
    edited January 2017
    I guess we've just got to know it will eventually get done. The LO's come first. It's hard for my but I will just have to learn to let go. These experiences within my son will only happen once. Wish I had a magic house cleaning fairy.
  • Ladies I need your help. Just had my twin girls on the 29th thought breastfeeding was a good idea but I'm having a hard time and I think I have mastitis already I believe I'm in such pain and I had to supplement the babies with formula before we left the hospital. I just pumped because my breast hurt so bad and already have bruising and bloody areas any recommendations am I giving up to soon? I just don't want my stress to affect the babies.
  • @ultratomato breastfeeding is very difficult . At least it was for me in the beginning . I almost gave up because it was so painful but now I'm glad I didn't because it's going well . The first few weeks were quite a challenge . Can  you see a lactation consultant ? I saw one in the hospital and she helped tremendously . I had bruising on my nipples from a bad latch and she gave me some suggestions . I would also get so engorged i would cry because it was so painful . I don't think I had mastitis so I can't necessarily speak to that but I did find that pumping and standing in the shower under hot water helped my breast pain . I also bought these gel pads that you can either freeze or heat up to put on your boobs . They helped so so much . I highly recommend them - they carry them at buy buy baby . 

Im so sorry you are having a rough time . There is no shame in formula feeding if that's what you decide is right for you - the important thing is that your girls are nourished and that you are well ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Hello lovely @ultratomato
    No you are NOT giving up too early. As this is not about GIVING UP!
    I think it's important to know that not giving breastmilk is like quitting or throwing in the towel. We women get such a bad feeling and feel like explaining if not breastfeeding, but it just doesn't work for everyone.
    Keep trying as long as you manage, but you being stressed is not helping the milk to flow. So take some deep breaths and remember they did get the important stuff at the beginning!
    my midwife told me when I struggled: see the formula as the main course and the breastmilk as the dessert. Give the dessert first, the golden stuff and finish off with formula as long as you manage to pump.
    I couldn't fill a whole bottle in one day, so I had no choice, but it's been tough emotionally.
    But seeing Pia become a different girl once she actually got food and me being a different mum as not to be in pain, I knew I did the right thing.

So don't see it as giving up. You know what you can take and when you have given enough.

• @ultratomato I second what @tvh1982 said. Although I can't relate to mastitis, if you notice your girl(s) are not themselves/"hangry", id give them a bottle (even if it's hard for you to swallow). I too became so stressed with BF because he was feeding so often due never receiving enough BM. One twin mom in Dec 16 BM forum developed mastitis & thrush early on as well & for one reason or another ended up having to switch to formula. Not trying to discourage you or sway you one way or another, it's just the only actual semi-experience I can offer. 

I hope this gets better for you. Im
    sure BF is 10x more difficult bc you have two mouths to feed. Praying your pain goes away ASAP.

****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi ladies, I'm preparing to go back to return to work next week and trying to develop a schedule with my daughter is not easy. Some nights she will sleep for up to 7hrs but that's after being awake until 3am. My day starts at 5am.  Hubby works overnight so his help is limited. I'm trying to mentally prepare for my return but it worries me that the lack of sleep will affect me personally and professionally. I try to keep her awake throughout the day but when I put her down to take care of things around the house she falls asleep. Then I nap with her  :| late nights with her wipe me out but I try to be productive during the day however it's hard. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited January 2017
    Already @jerseygirl856
    But Leigh is still so little!
    Those nights are horrible if you have to go back to work.
    Is she unhappy/not tired before 3am? Or is she a seriously B person?
    You've probably tried it all, but in case I've gotten some advice you haven't I sum up some I've been given.

A warm bath before bedtime (or shower with mummy)
    Routine: if it's a bath, reading a story, putting on pjs,
    Waking her up in the morning at the same time
    Play white noise sounds - baby will associate this with sleep

Those are the rubbish ones I've gotten.
    Although the latter works for me as I bought the Lulla Doll. As the breathing sound is quite high, it's the same as white noise and makes Pia fall asleep and stay asleep longer.

Hope you find a way this week so you'll get some sleep when you are back at work!

Edited:
    Massaging the feet - check out foot reflex. 
    My sister used it on both her babies (and still does now they are 5 and 7) and works wonders. Pia too relaxes. 
    Worh a try maybe.

A drop of lavender in the corner of the bed on the sheets (only a drop) could work

• Ladies I switched to pumping now and I have done two times so far today and went from 60ml  to 90ml so I can see that my flow is increasing. I appreciate all of your help too. One of my friends came over and showed me how to massage the lumps in the breasts and also heating cooling pads 
  • Here's some pics of the babies 
    Second pic is Aubrey Lynn and third pic is Brynn Marie 
  • @ultratomato - congrats on your girls they are beautiful. I agree with everyone else. I am BF but also supplementing with formula. Usually at night I only use formula bc it's easier to get Eli back to sleep. I'm trying a little of everything at this point which seems to be working as he's getting bigger every day. I can only imagine trying to balance everything out with 2! 

@Jerseygirl856 - I'm only on my 4th week of maternity leave and I'm already freaking out about when I go back. I am up by 5 for work as well. Hoping your schedule all works out. Looking forward to hearing about how it all works out since I'll be going through that in a few months. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato I just wanted to chime in. My sister had twins and pumped exclusively. She found trying to breastfeed two very difficult, and once she built up her supply, she appreciated being able to have extra hands to help her get everybody fed. Have you looked at the La Leche League website? I've been researching a lot, and they have some great tips that might help you get through the first rough patch of you are determined to do so. Like pp said, no shame in moving on to formula if you need to. Good luck!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    edited January 2017
    @ultratomato Congratulations on your girls !! They look super cute.
    I also had pretty bad engorgement and it was hard. Lactation consultation helped me so much. If it is really mastitis, you might want to see a doctor as well. The engorgement lasted about a week for me and it was not enjoyable both for me and the baby but it is over now . I do not want to make you feel bad about switching to formula at all but if you are going to keep breastfeeding , I want you to know that it is normal to have difficulties first but it gets better ! And seeing a specialist helps so much. For my engorgement, reverse pressure softening helped with latching. Also massaging like crazy under hot water and using cold press after feedings helped a lot.
    I also wanted to add that, if the babies are already feeding well with BF then pumping extra milk during engorgement might not be a good idea. Because it will increase your supply even more. I used hand expression or manual hand pump to pump the milk if Lara did not empty my breasts
  • @tvh1982 thanks for the tips! Yes, it's time for me to back. I had 8 weeks maternity due to my c section and another 6wks for newborn bonding. If I could I'd be home longer with her. I do baths every night at the same time and she falls asleep afterwards but she wakes up to eat and wants to play for a bit then she goes back to sleep but by then it's about 3am. I will definitely try the foot massage-white noise machine. 
    @Griffin5413 i will update and share. I understand the feeling and it seems like my time flew by but I think that's due to holidays. 

@ultratomato congrats, your girls are beautiful
  • They are adorable @ultratomato

Love seeing all the baby pictures. We did it girls!!

• @Jerseygirl856 good luck with going back to work. i need to start working by mid-Feb and i am already nervous with that fact. it seems like you have set up a schedule for your little one tough. i am not very good with set schedules yet, we go with her flow and probably it is not the best idea.
    i am exclusively BF ing and she only calms down on my breast when she s hungry or anxious so i do not know how she will adapt. i guess i need to start introducing bottles soon. 
    Oghh Lara fell asleep on her own in her bassinett just now , H and I are so happy we want to celebrate this (quitely). Last few weeks , we had to hold her and rock until she s into deep sleep.
  • @ZoeFer - yay for Lara falling asleep on her own! I'm waiting for that! It's so encouraging to see some of you going through the same "struggles" as I am bc it makes me realize I'm not alone, it gets better and I'm a good mom just figuring it out! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hope it works @jerseygirl856. You definitely have a lovely routine, why don't babies just follow script?!? 

Lara is such a big girl for falling asleep on her own @zoefer! Hope she continues doing so!

I know right @griffin5413, it's nice to know one isn't on it's own.

I don't know anyone where I live now and it gives me confidence talking to you girls.
    I say this while rocking Pia to sleep...yesterday was a busy day, and Pia doesn't like such. So I had short sleeps this night and an exhausting baby this morning.

• @tvh1982  thanks and that would be great if our babies followed scripts :)
    @zoefer happy to hear about Lara reaching that milestone. 
    Ladies who are returning to work, what are your childcare plans? I'm against daycare until Leigh is a bit older so she will be cared for by my mother while I'm a work. 

• @Jerseygirl856 - I would love to find a nanny or an in home child care but I haven't. So it's going to be daycare for us. My parents live in another state so that wasn't an option either. Still trying to decide which one. The one I really like only accepts 8 months or older
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato how are things going for you ? Thinking of you and your precious girls !! 

@jerseygirl856 I am having some anxiety about going back to work . I love being home with my baby . Luckily my mom and mother in law both live in town so Vince will split time between them . I am going back to work part time at first . How many weeks old will Leigh be when you go back ? I can't decide when to go back . Technically my employer will hold my job for as long as I want but financially I need to go back sooner than I expected . I had no paid leave.  Things are just too tight to rely on just my husbands salary for as long as I wanted . I don't want to go back too soon but am also kind of freaking out about bills . On the bright side it will be a little nice having some adult conversations at work since being home 24/7 practically gets a little lonely . 

@griffin5413 is that common for daycares to only accept babies that old ? Just wondering because most of people have to go back way sooner than that . When are you returning to work ? 

**BFP and loss warning**