August 2017 Moms

***READ THIS FIRST***

bumpybumpbumpybump member
edited December 2016 in August 2017 Moms
***This thread is lovingly "borrowed" from July17, to get things started.  We can and will obviously adjust to make things our own in A17.  If there's any changes you would like to make let me know in the comments (or send me a PM) and we can discuss them. I did make a few tweaks.***

Welcome to the August 2017 Birth Month Board!  So excited for you to be here and congrats on your BFP!

Some links that you may find helpful:

For those of you that are new to TB since you got your BFP, the threads below are standard threads to all boards.  Anyone can start these threads, just please do not duplicate!  Specific threads have volunteers to start (IE: ticker changes, PGAL/FTM/STM+ check ins). Those assigned threads have been volunteered for and have the names of that responsible person next to it.

The community of this board encourages giving support as well as receiving it and prefers threads that benefit the whole rather than the individual.  A wide range of topics are covered in our regular weekly threads.  

If you have a specific question please first use the search function if you are looking for specific answers to things to ensure we have not already answered your question. If you cannot find the answer then please post it in one of the weekly topics.  The exception to this is confirmed loss - please update us if you are comfortable doing so in either your own thread (for which you will receive response notifications) or in an existing relevant thread (which you will not unless the responder directly tags you).

If there is a discussion for the community that would be better served in its own thread, feel free to post it!  A good example of this may be a GTKY (Get To Know You) question or, as we near August, a thread about what people are planning for their hospital go-bags. Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like gender announcements, nursery pics, and birth announcements.

Daily Threads: (please add the date to the thread title)

• Ticker Changes (when your weekly progression changes, you participate in that day. For example, if I will be 10 weeks on Friday, that's the day I participate).

MONDAY
TUESDAY
  • Tuesday Ticker Change @Shan870
  • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday @britvahok
  • First Time Mom Check-In @darkrose88
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In 
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY
SUNDAY
  • Sunday Ticker Change @Nxy
  • Stupid Question Sunday 
  • Why my SO is awesome @Shan870

Monthly Siggy Challenge: Do we want to do this?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: ***READ THIS FIRST***

• ***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @MaMinette13 and I were discussing the siggy challenge in the testing siggy thread so I thought I'd move it here. 

Are others interested in the siggy challenge?  Basically, at the end of every month we nominate siggy themes and then do a poll to vote on which one we'd like to do. Those who want to participate then add a GIF or image to their siggy. We then nominate and vote of the winner at the end of the month. Winner gets bragging rights. Then it repeats for the next month.  These can bring a lot of fun and laughter to the board. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm happy to start the Saturday ticker change. Thanks for working on our organization @bumpybump.
    Me: 26 DH: 26 and 10 days fewer
    Married 6/15
    TTC #1: NTNP March 2016 TTC July 2016, September 2016-
    Let's Get This Party Charted
  • I can do the Sunday ticker change
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll do Tuesday Ticker change and Wtf Wednesday 
  • NxyNxy member
    edited December 2016
    I'm not sure why it didn't click until I saw Shan870 offer to do both that you'd need people to do the others.. I'd do the UO and Flame free Friday too if you'd like 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy sounds good!  I'll add your name. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Oh I'll take why my SO is an A-hole/awesome as well. I didn't see those before. Is there any way we can see if some of the other ladies would like to take on some of the daily threads? I'm all for the monthly siggy challenge as well. 
  • I loved the monthly siggy challenges from my previous pregnancies! So, I vote a hard "yes" on that one.
  • @bumpybump I don't mind starting the Monday ticker change! I usually don't have a crazy amount of time available in the morning so I apologize ahead of time if it doesn't get posted until 8:30am PST! 
  • @bumpybump I'm happy to take the Wednesday ticker change and Tuesday First time mom check in! :) 
  • @bumpybump I can take the TTGP Grad check-in (though Im not sure what that entails, but I can lurk on july17 to see) and I am all in for a monthly challenge!  I loved those on TTGP! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I can do Monday Bitchfest and or the Meal Plan one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bumpybump I'll do twatwaffle Tuesday and Exercise Checkin.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @bumpybump I can take the Friday ticker change.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bumpybump I can take on the PGAL check in as well. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Omg...can someone please tell me how to get the ticker to stay without having to copy and paste every time.  Idk why I'm struggling with this lol
  • @bumpybump Just realized it probably makes more sense for someone with a Friday ticker change to run that thread, since I wouldn't be able to participate anyways. Any chance I can switch to What my pregnant self is eating if someone else didn't already volunteer? Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Shan870
    1. While in these forums, click the little person silhouette at the top right (if you hover over it, it says "Account Options") and click "Preferences".
    2. On the left, click "Signature Settings".
    3. This is important and where I was messing up at first: there is a little symbol with "</>" on it where the other editing options are that you have to click first. The entry box will turn yellow. Paste your code in and then save.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bumpybump please remove me from the my the FTM check in and the Wednesday ticker change... I will no longer be participating on this board... :(
  • @darkrose88 I'm so sorry!  :'(

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Do we have to do this? I dont fully understand this and i feel that i would like to communicate with anyone who is due in august not just the same week that i am at. I am not trying to sound rude or anything . please dont take me that way. I just like a more community feel than a segregated feel.  :)
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2016
    @EmBanga Welcome! No one has to participate or not particpate in any threads. I can see you're new to TB. Check out a few other BMB and you'll see that after a while, you'll have several hundred members. It's hard to keep track of who's who, so the check-ins help. It's totally flexible because due dates change all the time. And I'm sure someone will get the typical spreadsheet going soon, but there are August EDD ladies who still haven't found out they are KU or who are waiting to join still... so it will get busy up in here! (PS Anyone who wants to start that spreadsheet is welcome! Check out another BMB to see what to include.)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Does anyone want to start an ultrasound thread? I'm on mobile and my phone is acting up! 
    I don't have one yet, but I love seeing them! :)
  • je5sc0je5sc0 member
    edited December 2016
    I can do the Wednesday ticker change. Although I don't have one. I'm mobile 100% of the time and I've never figured it out.
    edit:spelling
  • @je5sc0 I'll add you. And no worries about not having an actual ticker :)

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• jacksonbearsjacksonbears member
    edited December 2016
    can someone let me know what the "ticker change" is? 

Also, experimenting with this ticker stuff, first time using it...anyone know how we add it? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @jacksonbears from above
    • Ticker Changes (when your weekly progression changes, you participate in that day. For example, if I will be 10 weeks on Friday, that's the day I participate).

I'll tag you in the thread where ppl are testing out siggies which should help with your ticker addition  

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Is anyone doing the Friday ticker change? @bumpybump
  • @mborn24 no one volunteered to start it so if you'd like it, it's all yours :)

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• thanks @bumpybump! Mine would be Thursday...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • bumpybump said:
    @mborn24 no one volunteered to start it so if you'd like it, it's all yours :)
    There was someone that volunteered I thought, can I just copy the ones from the other tickers? 

• @mborn24 she wasn't an actual Friday ticker change so she said she'd let someone who is on Friday to do it instead.  I'll add you above.  And yes, you can just copy from one of the other days.  You may want to change the GTKY from time to time though :)

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump And after all that back and forth, my dating ultrasound last week pushed me back to a Friday ticker change haha. Ughhh

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll do the weekly appointments thread.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is anyone doing the Wednesday Ticker Change? We haven't had one in 2 weeks. Thanks! If not I would take it on. 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• @Cupcakegal930 someone did volunteer but if it's not happening, feel free to start one up  :)

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @eredee read above and click on I want a ticker in my signature.. That should help!
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Score! As I was adding my ticker, I saw that there's a box to check for "strip images from signatures" which takes out all the siggy pics and gifs. Don't get me wrong, it looks like fun, but I have super slow internet and the images make loading the forums annoying.