Pregnant after IF

New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

Re: New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

• Yes, the newborn shoot was no joke. She allotted 3 hours for the shoot and we needed every minute of it. He took a bit to get to sleep and went off and on, but we're very happy with the shots. Here is a preview that we took from her camera bc I'm impatient  :p

****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Awe @capps42613 what a sweet shot !!! I did the same thing .. I stood to the side and was taking my own pics with my phone because I couldn't wait the week it would take to edit them .  I was surprised our shoot was almost three hours too. Took awhile to get just a few good shots but our good shots I am in love with !!! Are you gonna do a birth announcement with them ? I'm debating .. we ended up not doing xmas cards this year bc we were so busy but I'm thinking I may do a Happy new year / birth announcement combo card this year for family . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • @mskeenan thank you! Definitely not making it in time for xmas lol I think I'm going to make a few birth announcements and send it to close family and my OB/RE offices. New year announcements would work too!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 love the photo of your kids! 

@mskeenan I'm happy you mood is improving and yes do remind yourself that you had major surgery and recovery is different for everyone. Take your time with recovery, rest as often as you can and accept any help that is offered.  I feel great. No pain at my incision site and my scar is minimal. I will admit that my stomach overlapped and I had a mild odor that the doctor said was cause by bacteria on my skin but not infection. My dr told me to watch out for keloid formation but I haven't had any as of yet. Aside from my loose and jiggly stomach, I'm back to my pre pregnant state just super tired now :/.
    I had a great relationship with my RE and his staff and I'm going to take the baby in for a visit and drop off Christmas/Thank you gift to the office. Has anyone else visited their RE with their LO? Or planning to? Did you bring a gift or treat? 
  • mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited December 2016
    I'm with you on tired @jerseygirl856 !! Im currently on here as I breastfeed to help stay awake at 2:30 am .

i haven't visited my RE but have thought about it . At the very least we will send pictures and a thank you card . Every year my RE has a baby reunion BBQ so I may wait until then to introduce him to Vince but may bring him by the office before . My doc and his staff were truly amazing and I feel like I owe them so much for getting me pregnant when I thought I never would be . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan I'm on during late night feeds too! I'm thinking about stopping by but prob after the new year. I may take in a pic. I totally agree about owing them so much. 
    Had a minor freak out yesterday. I had a fairly large blood clot right after breastfeeding, baby had just peed all over me. I called DH and asked him to come home from work bc I wasn't sure if I was going to need to go to the er. All I could think about was not being able to take care of the baby. Everything is fine but I swear I lost 5 years. Lol
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tvh1982 Pia is beautiful! I was given the all clear at my 6 week check up. 

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    edited December 2016
    @capps42623 @tvh1982 @mskeenan these pictures are amazing !
    my H doesnot want me to post any baby pics on the forum :( 
    at my second week appointment, i had asked if i can do yoga and dr said it was okay as long as i do not force myself too much. i guess you can start exercising slowly and see what feels comfortable.

• @tvh1982 - Pia is precious! Love that pic. Glad you are getting more rest. with the csection I can't do anything for 6 weeks. 

I got got a nap today which was so nice. DH gets to work from home for the next 2 weeks so it was so nice having him home today!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you ladies. :)

I did get the 'all is looking fine' note at my 6 weeks appointment, just forgot to ask. :)

Naps are the best presents at the moment aren't they @griffin5413!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @griffin5413 oh my goodness how scary ! I'm glad you are ok !! Blood clots always scare me even if they are normal . I can't believe I'm still bleeding three weeks after delivery , I know that's normal just feels like it'll never end ! 

@tvh1982 I love Pia's xmas photo ! I know I am not supposed to exercise until I'm cleared at my six week appointment aside from short walks around the block. I feel so mushy I want my stomach to be toned but have a feeling it'll be a long while before that happens . It took 9 months for the belly to accommodate baby so I am not expecting to be back to my old self anytime soon . Exercise sounds so nice though !! 

@zoefer I can't wait to get back to yoga . Seems like pretty safe exercise post delivery . There is a postnatal yoga class at my yoga studio where you can bring baby . 

Im starting to wonder how my house will ever be clean again .. this baby needs to be held constantly or needs the paci constantly put back in his mouth when it falls out . I love that my little guy needs me but wish there was any easy way to be productive while snuggling him . I tried a baby wrap yesterday but my husband had to help me put it on - it's complicated to get it on and I'm afraid to do it alone . Is anyone using a ring sling ? I am debating getting one because they look easy to get on ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• I carry Pia all the time. I just don't feel like comforting her every 5 seconds. (She soooo does not like to lay on her own)
    So I just carry her an extra trimester.

I do have a baby wrap and love it. Just keep practicing @mskeenan.
    I, however, don't use it inside. I have an old baby björn which I use as it is so easy to just hang on. (We sleep with that one too as I get 4 to 5 hours sleep)

I bought an Ergobaby as it's better for Pia and my back was killing me, we really use it everyday.

I got a minimonkey carrier from my sister but I don't like how Pia is hanging in it. Might be easier with a ring sling...but I don't know.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @mskeenan I have a Boba wrap. It felt too complicated and hard at first but now I can easily put it on and put the baby by myself very quickly. I also have an Ergo but have not tried it yet since baby girl feels too small for that.
  • I ended up buying the infant insert for the ergo yesterday because Vince was looking a little too small for it . Glad I got it - was able to go for a little walk yesterday with him in it ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Aw that's nice @mskeenan. Pia loves sleeping in it. 
    They are so snug and warm against you.

• @mskeenan - I didn't even know they had anninfant insert! I have a moby but Eli need to be 8 pounds before it says I can use it for him. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi everyone! What a great idea to start this chat. I wasn't due until January 10th but baby Noah cane early. I have been in and out of the hospital for the last couple of months for preeclampsia and high blood pressure. We gained a lot of time by doing that and having me on strict bed rest. Doc decided pressure was getting too high and Noah came on December 5th. It's been a long haul these last two months and the delivery was a little challenging with the blood pressure and preeclampsia but he's finally here! Thought I would join in on the conversation.
  • Joyzie77Joyzie77 member
    edited January 2017
    Deleted because I'm paranoid about the pictures being public.
  • @joyzie77 so glad to see your update ! I imagine that was very scary and stressful but I'm so glad that you are doing ok and that baby Noah has arrived . He is so precious . I love that name , by the way !! How are you feeling now ? 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Joyzie77Joyzie77 member
    edited January 2017

Deleted because I was afraid of pictures being public. 
  • Welcome @joyzie77 and baby Noah!
    How are the both of you doing?

• @mskeenan doing much bettter. Was in the hospital after the baby for a week. Still on blood pressure medicine and preeclampsia symptoms are slowly subsiding. Im glad I'm not the only one experiencing some of the same things. Trying to nap while baby naps and feel like nothing gets done around the house. He sleeps pretty well during the day but not so much at night. I'm hoping it all gets easier. I have a baby Bjorn but haven't used it yet. I have low back problems so I don't know what's going to work best. 
  • I too want to visit my RE but haven't been able to get there yet. Maybe this week. 
  • @Joyzie77 so glad you are doing well. Looks like Eli and Noah had the same idea to come early. Sounds like they are on the same sleep schedule too. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the club, @Joyzie77. How is your Weimey liking Noah? My girl adores Cason & tries to lick him constantly lol. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi @capps42613! I was really worried that he would be so jealous of the baby. We were a little worried. He does a lot of sniffing and licking. He stole the pacifier out of Noah's mouth once but was very gentle. He's protective and a little jealous but has done great. When the baby gets attention he wants it too. 
  • @Joyzie77 welcome and congrats on your beautiful bundle of joy!
     I'm sitting here with my very active baby girl who loves to sleep during the day and party all night, I can't help but reflect where I was at this time one year ago. Scared, nervous and anxious as I was preparing to go through my 1st round of IVF after learning that was my only option to conceive. This forum has been an amazing support system ever since I joined. Thanks ladies. I don't know any of you personally but I share something special with you all! Wishing each and every one of you a happy holidays from baby Leigh and I! 
  • Hey ladies... question for you all... when did you start letting them sleep until they r hungry at night rather than waking them every 3 hours to feed? Eli is only 3 weeks old tomorrow but I would sure love to get more than 2 1/2 hours at a time
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @griffin5413 I stopped setting alarms to wake Vince up around two weeks since by then he had gained weight back to his birth weight and then some . but he still wakes up about every two hours :( I'm hoping to get some longer stretches of sleep soon .. even three hours between feeds would be amazing . I got a three hour nap during the day once which was amazing but still not at night 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @Griffin5413 after the second week, we let our D sleep for 4 hours between feeds. Now I do not wake her up and let her wake up herself when she s hungry. she does not go longer than 4 hours.
    But i guess it depends if the baby gained enough weight or how they are feeding during the day etc. Lara gained the lost weight before the first week, her pediatrician told us she can go longer hours at night. Do you think if your son would wake up when he s hungry if you let him sleep? if your doctor thinks it is okay, i would let him/yourself sleep more. our D cannot go back to sleep so easily so i definitely do not like her get up too much at night.
  • Thanks ladies. He has gained back his weight I have just been nervous to let him try to go longer. Some nights it's like clockwork and he's super easy to feed and get back to sleep. Other nights like last night and tonight it's like he wants to continually feed so it takes much longer. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hardly woke up Pia for a feed as she would announce herself between 2 or 3 hours. 
    I did wake, or try to wake her, the night she was lifeless as I knew something was wrong. (She was by then a week old)

Babies tend to wake when hungry if they get enough food. It's a little tricky to know as they sleep more when not getting enough, but you'll notice the difference as they aren't as active when awake or like Pia that night, only woke up for max a minute after me really doing my best to wake her.

I didn't want to wake Pia as my sister had to do so with her oldest and she developed difficulties towards sleeping.

By day 12I believe, Pia was back on weight and I got told I could let her sleep with a max of 6 hours. By then she was bottle fed so I knew exactly what she drank.
    The 6 hours is only a myth...I don't think babies sleep that much ;)
    Pia still announces herself around 3 hours. I sometimes am lucky to get 4.
    And if I want 4, I have to attach her to me (also at night, which might even give me 5 hours!)

Now she's ill and we are back to 2 hours, as she only drinks half a bottle and passes out. Last night I got a 4 hours out of half a bottle, but as she is now 1,5 kilos more as when she's born and already 8 weeks (!) I know she's fine :)

• Sorry I can't interject much here. We've been on 4oz since day 10 and he will wake up on his own @ 3, maybe 4 hours. But that is formula feeding. If your feeding strictly BM they may wake up more frequently bc it digests quicker than formula.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Happy almost New Years ladies ! How's everyone doing ? 

Doing pretty good over here ! Vince is still doing his waking up every 1-2 hour thing but my mother in law was an angel and came over the other night and gave Vince his first bottle so I could sleep for four hours straight . It was glorious . I'm starting to go for longer walks and get out of the house a bit more so mentally I am feeling better . I am so in love with Vince and he gets cuter every day . He turned one month yesterday . 

Question for c section ladies - are your abs still insanely sore ? I always expected my incision to hurt most but my abs are just killing me ! I went on a long walk the other day and afterward my abs just felt wrecked . Weird . l have an appointment with my midwife the week after next - hopefully by then won't be so sore. 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan - so glad you got some rest! I feel you on the exhaustion! It's so worth it but so rough at the same time. My lower abs (if you could even call them that right now) definitely are sore and I wasn't expecting that. My incision feels pretty good  and is not all that sore. I'm assuming it's bc our bodies are still healing on the inside from where they cut through our abdominal wall and into the uterus. Hope you feel better soon!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Can't believe he's 1 month old already! I swear he's gonna be going to college next week  :'(
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • I know! Times fly by with these cutie pies @capps42613!

I just need to brag about Pia...
    She slept a whole 4 hours and then another 5,5 hours!!! Not on me or attached on me. Nope on her pillow in my bed on her own!
    Not sure if it's the Lulla Doll that I bought or that I also got a stuffed heating animal that's a little heavy laying on top of her pretending to be my arm..
    I don't really care, this mummy got some sleep :smile: