April 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 12/26

How far along are you?

How big is baby? 

Team Blue, Pink, Green?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: besides your BFP, what is your favorite memory from 2016?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 12/26

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    25 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Cauliflower 
    Team Blue, Pink, Green? Pink! 

Appointments this week? 
    Doctor appt tomorrow
    Symptoms? Starting to slow down, and feel tired more easily 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week?  
    We're cleaning out the basement and doing some organization to prepare for the influx of baby stuff. We'll hopefully finish registering and look at some baby furniture. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions: none
  • blessedinmtblessedinmt member
    edited December 2016
    @Lovable Bump What an awful thing for your doctor to say,  especially considering you've had nothing to indicate something is wrong.  Hugs. 
  • @Lovable Bump I agree that was a pretty awful thing to say. Good lands. My mother was pressured to terminate me after her anatomy scan and I'm so glad she didn't! Crossing fingers for you that all goes well! 

@thecavfamily I love that you're going into 2017 six months prego after all 2016 threw at you. Yeah for angel mamas! 
  • @HGRich  Thank you. Hooray for you,  too, angel mama! I hope that 2017 is great for all of us. 
  • @HGRich, yes the tightening of your uterus is normal. BH are just tightening, no pain, and they are irregular/random.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @HGRich the same thing happens to me when baby boy is rolling around. I have also had a bunch of BH contractions but the difference (at least from what I can tell) is that with BH, the tight feeling is across my entire abdomen, whereas when it's tightness from the baby moving, the area of tightness is just in one spot at a time and sort of follows the baby around as he is moving. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @m&max I love the name! Grace is my middle name too. So cute. :) 
  • @HGRich, I second what @kitkat8387 said regarding BH. The only times I've noticed the overall tightening (what I'm assuming is BH) is while walking up multiple flights of stairs at work,  but other tightness feels more localized and connected with movement of the LO.
  • Thanks @thecavfamily and @kitkat8387. I suspect maybe I haven't had BH then. Probably just baby sticking her booty out or something. Haha. I'm sure I'll be certain when and if I feel real ones! 
  • @HGRich I'm smiling thinking of your little girl sticking her booty out. 
  • How far along are you?  24+2! viability week!

How big is baby? Canteloupe sized, and think about 600 grams. 

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Blue <3

Appointments this week? Midwife general check up was today (28), all results are fine.  

Symptoms?  back ache, broken sleep, and a new one - found some mouth ulcers :(.  I also seem to have picked up a (so far) mild cold 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week?   Started saving motivational/positive birth quotes.  Also started doing active bonding stuff like listening to music, warm bath with oils, speaking/singing to him and visualising stuff. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  will I EVER stop worrying about stupid irrational things??  

GTKY: besides your BFP, what is your favorite memory from 2016? Baby related, definitely the first viability scan, maybe even more than the rest of the scans.  I cried for twenty minutes after that, I wanted this baby so much.  Non baby wise, I had 4 wisdom teeth removed between april and june.  I was exstatic when it was all over and i got given the all clear.  
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @Lovable Bump  , I am sure everything will be fine at the anatomy scan!  fingers crossed, and let us know :smile:

Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • Thank you all for the kind words, this is seriously why I love this community :)  The only thing I can think of is that I had some bleeding early on due to a vanishing twin and I had a high tsh level during my 6 week blood work (when they retested my tsh at 16 weeks, it was in normal range).  I meet with a different dr of the practice each time I go for an appt, who all have told me that a high tsh in early pregnancy is normal and that it levels out (which I guess is what happened?).  This last dr I saw said it's not normal and expressed concern over it.  She wanted me to watch out for signs of a high tsh level.  So I'm assuming that's why she said that about my anatomy scan.  But it still was a huge mood kill at the time, especially after being told everything is looking amazing and very confusing to me since every single scan i've had was steller, NT was normal, bloodwork was low risk, always a strong fetal heartbeat, ect.

Sorry for the mini-rant! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Lovable Bump Rant away, m'dear; that's frustrating and stressful!