April 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 12.26

Sorry, forgot to post yesterday

Re: Weekly Appointments 12.26

• I have an appointment with the foot doctor tomorrow to see how long I need to be on crutches, and on Thursday I have a regular OB with a brief ultrasound to capture some pictures they missed at my anatomy scan. I'm guessing I'll also probably be scheduling my glucose test soon. 
  • Last "every 4 weeks" OB appointment tmrw. I definitely plan to ask her about a weird rash I seem to have gotten, it's almost like hives but not raised at all. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Monthly appt Friday. I don't have a sitter for ds so he's coming along. 
  • Glucose test this morning.
  • @mrsstuessy what's the rhogam shot?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @wagnerw My blood type is A- and DH is O+, which means that our babies could be positive. Normally during pregnancy the baby's blood and mother's blood don't mix. But, in the case of a miscarriage or during birth the blood could get mixed. Basically any time the baby might bleed a little there is a chance. If positive blood gets mixed with my negative blood my body will make antibodies to attack any future positive blood. So, it is mostly a precaution for future pregnancies. If my body makes antibodies it could attack a future baby in my body. The shot is a blood product that stops my body from attacking positive blood. So, with my pregnancies I get one shot around 28 weeks and another shot the day after the baby is born, unless they test the baby's blood and it is also a negative type. The shot has a freaking big ass needle though which kind of sucks. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy wow! My grandmother had the same issue when pregnant with my mom. I don't remember what the options were back in the 60s but it was a big deal then too. I'm glad you've got the shot option even though it doesn't sound fun at all. 
  • @mrsstuessy Wow! I am glad they have options to help with those scenarios but that does not sound fun (the needle or the stress).  :(
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mrsstuessy weren't they monitoring your baby for being on the smaller side?  Am I remembering that right?

If so, 40th percentile sounds great! Will you need to do any further monitoring?
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • edited December 2016
    @mrsstuessy I have to get the rhogam too. I had it after my loss in July, and now have to do it at my 28 week appt on Jan 12. Do they do yours in your butt? I've been told that helps a lot! And to massage the area after the injection for a little while. The dumbest part is I am O- and my husband is A-, but they say they would rather just have me get the shot than try to prove DH blood type even though it's a military hospital and his blood type is on file. I think they are worried there could always be a chance it's someone else's baby haha. Thanks, military. Bleh for extra injections. 
  • @HGRich any good news about the crutches from your foot doctor appt? Hopefully things look good!! 
  • @HGRich Any new pics you're itching to share?
  • @thecavfamily sure! I'll pop a couple into the ultrasound thread. 
  • @mrsstuessy YAYAYAY! For a growth spurt!! You are giving me hope and I'm SO happy for you and your LO! :D
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @twistsandturnsto2 Thanks! I am so happy to not have anything to worry about. I mean, nothing that I should legitimately worry about. There are always small worries. Just trying to get through the next 3 months. :) 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker