March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 12/19

2»

Re: Randoms! 12/19

• Has anyone ever done belly mapping? Is there a way to know for sure that your baby is head down without an ultrasound?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie I was looking it up a few weeks ago. Mostly confused me. Haha. All the movements seem to blend together for me and get me messed up on which way is up!  The way I knew baby finally flipped head down last week for me was feeling hiccups so low, basically in my pelvis. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @npaulie I can't make any sense of babies movements either. They feel all over the place and I can't tell what's a hand or a foot. I can feel hiccups though in my pelvis like @kjd291
  • @kjd291 and @dizzymom yeah, I feel like movements are all over the place, so was hoping something like baby mapping would help me make sense of where he's laying. Although I have been feeling hiccups low, so I'll take that as a sign that he's likely head down. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mcdonald-bailey wahoo!! Love the countdowns <3 

lurking around, there are September Mamas intro-ing in August! crazy we are about to gett bumped down another month! It'll be here way before we know it! 
  • September babies already ahhh that's crazy!!! 
    I also feel like baby's movements are all over, I have no idea where his head is but am really looking forward to whenever I'm able to feel hiccups! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 69 days till March!!

@serenity13 I wasn't able to distinguish the hiccups until right around 30wks, but now I feel them very clearly a few times a day! 
  • This one has the hiccups but nothing like DS did. I swear that kid hiccuped more than he kicked.
  • Anyone have suggestions for what to get a 6 week old for Christmas? We're heading down to Dallas tomorrow to visit my BIL since he just had a baby girl, and we want to get a gift for the little one. I'm going to the Carter's/Osh Kosh store to get an outfit, but anything else? I have a feeling this little girl already has a ton of clothes. My pregnancy brain is drawing a blank! Cross posting to the Facebook group since I'm desperate and waited until the last minute.  :/
  • For anyone else besides me who is going to "Disney up their child" (my new phrase) aden+anais have disney swaddle blankets for boys and girls and there's Winnie the Pooh for gender neutral and babygap has boy and girl disney clothes, in addition to lots of things on babies r us and amazon. And of course disneystore.com always has things although usually more for girls than boys.
  • @kiyamurph if you can find rattle socks/bracelets those were always a hit with DS
  • oh and Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone! signing off for the weekend 
  • ahhh my belly button has started to pop out!!!! It's been flattening out over the last few weeks but tonight it's partly out & it's so weirddddd
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 my belly button has been half popped for a few weeks and its at a weird angle. It doesn't look good. 
  • @longliveregina yay! Having kiddos definitely makes Christmas much more exciting!  I can't wait to put presents out tonight for the first time : ]

@serenity13 mine has been popped out for a long time now. It's definitely weird. It's so bad you can see it popping through my clothes. Hah. My mom told me I should tape it down because it's gross... haha. 
  • vino831vino831 member
    edited December 2016
    This one has the hiccups but nothing like DS did. I swear that kid hiccuped more than he kicked.
    My first did too! I just watched a video that was taken of DH putting DS's first shirt on. In the background you can hear me - "does he have rhe hiccups? (Doula says yes) That's nothing new" hahaha

Little lady has had them only a time or two thus far.

@kiyamurph there's usually a lot of options for black and white toys with mirrors. (for the record I thought I would have a ton of ideas but apparently I'm having a preggo brain moment now too - that's the best I've got lol)
  • So MIL arrived for Christmas, looks at me and in the most high pitched sing songy voice " Helloooooo grandson" I think the poor baby. lost his hearing it was so loud. I definitely lost my hearing.
  • Well rather than being at DH's parents house right now for Christmas Eve dinner we're in a delivery room & I'm in a hospital gown strapped up to a monitor for the next 2 hours hoping for the best. I feel like such an idiot - I was carrying the baby's bassinet that DH put together this afternoon and accidentally whacked it into the doorway & it rammed into the lower part of my belly pretty hard. No bleeding & I've felt the baby kicking since, but I called my Dr & she said go right away to the hospital to be sure the placenta hasn't ruptured or anything...So hopefully we'll be able to leave after the two hour monitoring period - baby's HB is nice & steady around 148 & we'll get the blood work back tomorrow. Not how I wanted to spend my Christmas Eve, but just praying I didn't hurt my little one with my stupidity...on a positive note I'm very impressed with the hospital & I'm really glad we'll be delivering him here, just hopefully not till March!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 Oh No! How scary! Hope your baby is good and healthy! 
  • @serenity13 oh no!! I'm sorry to hear, but Don't feel stupid, accidents happen! Glad that you were at least able to have a great experience and feel happy about your choice of hospital!  Hope you're able to enjoy the rest of your holiday!
  • @serenity13 Wow! What a way to spend Christmas! I hope that all is okay and you're already on your way to being tucked all snug in your bed with visions of sugarplums and all that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @serenity13, praying for the best for you and your little one.
  • Merry Christmas!! How was everyone's day??

I'm POOPED! Laying on the couch with lots of BH contractions because we've been running around like crazy ppl, and I know I haven't drank enough water. Oops. 
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited December 2016
    kjd291 said:
    Merry Christmas!! How was everyone's day??

I'm POOPED! Laying on the couch with lots of BH contractions because we've been running around like crazy ppl, and I know I haven't drank enough water. Oops. 
    Ugh, I have been feeling TERRIBLE the last two days! Hello, third trimester.
    BabyFruit Ticker