March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 12/19

Happy Monday everyone! Cheers to a new week! :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randoms! 12/19

• Loading the player...
  • So glad you're ok @kjd291 that sounds super scary!!! 

@JustAnotherUsername16 that's amazing & so generous of you!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 Yikes! I'm glad you're okay. At least it's the norm for you, but I hope that when you go down, you don't land too hard. 

@datalover13 I've had issues sleeping on my right side for months now, but the left side has gotten so boring, ugh. The weird part though is that the right side of my face has been predominantly breaking out - NOT the left side that's smushed into a sweaty pillow for 6+ hours every night. ;)
  • @kjd291 - glad you and LO are ok!  

@datalover13 - you and I are in the same boat!  I feel like It's a chore to get out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  It's only going to get worse from here.  :-1:

Had a holiday gathering with extended family this weekend.  One of my cousin's daughter was really annoying.  I was really trying to stay away from her afraid to say something that would hurt her feelings.  I'm pretty sure I forgot to say good bye to her, so I'm sure she thinks I don't like her.  Which is not the case....but I just can't deal with annoying people right now.  My poor sister (who is also pregnant) had to deal with her the most...she CLUNG to my sister for some reason.  Tis the season to be around people you see once a year, and apparently have gotten a little more annoying! 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @kjd291 I'm glad you're ok! Did they give you some free shipping for your troubles?! LOL... have to do the shipping game tomorrow and not looking forward to that price tag
  • @kjd291 I'm glad you're ok! Did they give you some free shipping for your troubles?! LOL... have to do the shipping game tomorrow and not looking forward to that price tag
    Hah! That's what my husband asked too. Sadly no-full charge. and yes! It gets so expensive so quickly!
  • @kjd291 you're not alone! I fainted in JC Penny on Saturday! Its happened twice before to me in the past when I wasn't pregnant so I was just able to knock over a rack of shirts, and drop my shopping bag before sitting down and clocking out. I was only out for a couple of seconds but I know it was from the heat- I was foolishly wearing a sweater in 80 degree weather and the top floor of JC Penny was so hot!!!! I was so embarrassed and just covered in sweat sitting in a pile of mens dress shirts, but a nice lady bought me a Fanta and 6 employees and 2 security guards surrounded me haha. My friend was with me, and she had actually been there for one of my previous faints so it was kinda funny. And when we left, the manager told us to take the survey on the receipt and mention how helpful they all were. *small eye roll* definitely scary but like you my girl is kicking away so I know we're alright! Glad you were okay too! 
  • @silverbulletband   survey!? Seriously? Haha. Oh gosh.

sorry that you are in the same boat with the dizzy sweaty passing out! Glad all was good with you and you had a buddy nearby! Hopefully we can both avoid too many more of these episodes over the next months!
  • My MIL took us shopping for baby stuff Saturday and it made me very uncomfortable....it was more knowing how much she was spending that really bothered me.  Had she just bought the stuff without us there I wouldn't have felt so awkward, but being there and her asking us about certain things and knowing the price bothered me for some reason.  I would have felt the same way had it been my mother...am I just weird? :)
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• @ngcsugirl1112 With my own MIL, I wouldn't feel bad, but I've also known my MIL since I was basically a kid (14 years old) so I'm very accustomed to shopping with her like I would with my own mom. However, I can see me being uncomfortable with almost any other relative other than my own parents. Even if I know they can afford it, I'd still feel a bit awkward. I don't think you're weird. :)
  • Haha thanks @dubcompanion...his parents aren't very well off so I think that's part of the reason I felt uncomfortable...they went shopping yesterday without us (thankfully) but kept calling DH and I about every little thing...just please use the registry and let it be a surprise...if we don't like it or won't use it we'll take it back.

• @dubcompanion that's awesome of them!  My ILs gave us money for Christmas which we'll probably use on our babymoon in a couple of weeks.  We go to my parents for Christmas so we'll celebrate with them at that time.  :)

• @ngcsugirl1112 Aww, they mean well. But that would irk me too with my own parents, if they kept calling about every little thing. I'd finally say "Just go off the registry! That's why I spent so much time making it; my preferred items are on the list!") 

My in-laws are getting DH and I a brand new mattress for our bed, as a way to help us out. Her reasoning is that we're likely only thinking about the baby and don't want anything for Christmas (and she's right!) but doesn't want us to forget to take care of ourselves too. I checked out the cost of an average queen-sized mattress....... Let's just say we are VERY thankful. :open_mouth:
    That is a GREAT gift :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel sorry for my massage therapist today. I have a prenatal massage after work and I completely forgot to shave my legs. It's been a good 3 weeks.  :s I'm sure she's seen it all and probably won't care, but it still makes me feel self conscious. 
  • @kiyamurph omg I forgot to shave my legs before my prenatal massage I had a couple months ago. I was so embarrassed! 
  • I've been so tired lately that whenever DD has any kind of kids show or movie on I zonk right out, like I can't get through 2 minutes of it before I'm snoring. Funny thing, as soon as it's off I'm fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kiyamurph said:
    I feel sorry for my massage therapist today. I have a prenatal massage after work and I completely forgot to shave my legs. It's been a good 3 weeks.  :s I'm sure she's seen it all and probably won't care, but it still makes me feel self conscious. 
    One of my close friends is a massage therapist...believe me, they've seen much worse!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Spartanrd4 @kiyamurph I was just thinking this morning while I was in the shower, that as difficult as shaving my legs is right now, I'm sure that prenatal massage therapists are quite used to that - and probably sympathetic to it. 

Did y'all enjoy your prenatal massages? Was it worth it? Ive been considering one but have been too cheap to pull the trigger on it lol 
  • @Justanotherusername16 I did enjoy it- I had it at 20 weeks, DH got it for me for my birthday. I'm hoping maybe he will be nice and get me another one ;) It's just a normal massage except I laid on my side instead of my stomach but it was very comfortable (they gave me a big body pillow to snuggle with) and so relaxing! Now that the baby is moving around and kicking, I wonder if she would like it too! 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 - ditto to @Spartanrd4!  They are great.  I've been getting them since the beginning of 2nd trimester, and I usually go once a month.  this month's massage is tomorrow night!  can't wait!!
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 I've had one and it was REALLY worth it! Mine got rid of SI joint pain, plus aches I'm not sure I'd even fully registered yet. Just the time to relax and focus on yourself & your body = priceless. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 Massage is definitely worth it! They make tables now where there's not only a spot for your belly, but also the boobs. The table at my massage therapist's office has these boards that she can pull out from underneath the bed and the bed kind of drops where your belly and boobs would go. It's nice because I'm able to lay on my belly and get a thorough back massage. My person does everything from my feet to my scalp and I feel amazing afterwards. For sure worth it!
  • kjd291 said:
    So perfect!! I peezed myself in church yesterday. Haha. 

Whelp. In my fun pregnancy news of the morning. I passed out in the post office lobby. Yep. Ran over to mail a package before eating breakfast/so : empty stomach, no water for the day... their computer system was down and I had to wait in a hot tiny room for 30min. Got warm, started to feel dizzy, and was stupid and didn't sit down because I didn't want to look silly... looked more silly passing out and having them call 911. Luckly I was able to talk them out of sending an ambulance.  I was so embarrassed.  

Im in a wedding this week... I hope I can stand for the ceremony and not pass out. Ughhh. I want my body back.

Eta--this happened to me last pregnancy a lot too-so its a norm for me and why I was embarrassed more then terrified.  And baby is kicking up a storm, so I know we're both okay!
    Omg scary!! But I'm glad y'all are both ok!! 

SaveSave
  • Turning from one side to the other at night is becoming a super chore. But if I only sleep on one side I wake up feeling like an uneven beast.

yes!!!! I

SaveSave
  • Go to a massage place you haven't been to before. They usually offer introductory prices for first time visitors. I went to Hand and Stone and got mine for $50!
  • My husband, toddler and I have been visiting with my BIL for a few days now. It makes me so stressed out to be away from home trying to be clean all the time. Just today my son got a pen and wrote on his couch.   :s He is the nearest (tidy I mean( person in the planet who would never never leave a pen in a toddlers teach. Thank goodness it came out. It was dicey for a bit. He didn't even let me clean it up. (he was afraid it waterlog the couch or something?) But I am so uncomfortable now after that terse series of interactions (he was holding it in but pretty pissed) and just on pins and needles waiting to go home. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina ugh!! That's the absolute worst! I hate going places with my little lady with people who don't understand that there are certain things that come with a visiting toddler!  Especially during the holidays... the trees and decorations are such a temptation for little hands... I'm constantly walking on eggshells. Hope you survive the rest of the visit!

• @longliveregina Aww :( I'm like your BIL but am mentally preparing to accept that a baby/toddler is just going to do things that are less than ideal, i.e. take a pen to my couch or walls. My dad is a neat freak, bordering on OCD (not exaggerating - he has to clean the toilets once a day and does laundry every night; it's just him and my mom in the house). So, I got some of my neuroticism from him. And most importantly, I survived childhood in spite of it. :lol: DH is not a slob, probably a pretty typical guy, but I've had to work hard to not get upset over clutter and small messes. He's helped me train to not make a big deal over the little things, basically messes that can be easily cleaned up or after a little scrubbing.
  • I found out yesterday that my OB is going to be a March momma too. It'll be a race to see which of us makes it to the delivery room first! (And scrubs hide the bump amazingly well. I had no idea!) 
  • My mother is coming back in town for me..it makes me a bit stressed out bc she's kinda messsy... around the kitchen and im a bit OCD.... I'm happy she is coming to take care of me. But omgeee I'm stressed too.... is that awful of me?!

SaveSave
  • @mrsyimster it's not terrible. My mom is coming after the baby and I'm not sure I will survive, even though I know I need the extra pair of hands.