March 2017 Moms

Family Planning After Baby

2»

Re: Family Planning After Baby

• knowing my fertile window (ferning microscope was great for this) and doing the "pull out method" worked perfectly for the 11 years that I was ~active~ with my now-husband. When we decided we were ready for a baby, it was an easy transition and only took 2 months. Though he was a little sad it happened so quickly haha  ;)

But, not going to recommend it to anyone unless you & your partner are incredibly good at communicating!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We tracked cycles and were very successful at both preventing pregnancy and conceiving. Taking charge of your fertility is the book I read to learn about it. I didn't take my temp but was just "aware" of myself. 

Vasectomy this time! Yay
  • Loading the player...
  • In between babies we used condoms and never got pregnant unless we were actively trying.  This is the last one barring an accident and I am advocating for DH to get a vasectomy, but I guess we will see.  I suppose we will just go back to condoms until something more permanent is done.  I hated being on hormonal birth control so I'm not going to do that.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• We don't use birth control. My husband jokes we like to live on the wild side. I say whatever happens was meant to happen. We can time it really well after being together so long. Lol. All 3 of ours were planned and I don't  believe there were any in between. If I get pregnant again, it will be because the Lord has a great since of humor since we will both be 39 next year.

• I exclusively breastfed for 13 months and got my period the day he turned 9 months and then had weird periods every few weeks. I only took the pill for about a year and hated how I felt on it. We went to condoms before I got pregnant with my first and then just went back to them after having him. We still used them each time we had sex even at the 6 week mark because I was terrified of getting pregnant again. I am pretty positive I got pregnant the day after I fully weaned my son at 15 months because my cycles were still crazy and we knew we wanted another. ... what a good idea for this thread though because you know they will come in your hospital room and ask you what you plan on doing when you are so swollen and sore down there that you can't even imagine having anyone go near you ever again. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• edited December 2016
    Loved my IUD (Mirena) that I had inserted after our twins were born (which took over a year to conceive and required fertility help).  Periods stopped, no real side effects, and no issues.  That is until we ended up with a surprise viable pregnancy (yes the IUD was still good and properly placed according to my doc)!  I'm getting my tubes tied when I have my C-Section for this baby.