Re: Randoms and Questions 11.28 - 12.4

• BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited December 2016
    Very sorry to hear that @ChristinaWild

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited December 2016
    Not trying to post twice but for some reason in the app it won't save so it only post the first line! Annoying!! Let's try this again...

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe a whole new post...

• I give up...

• Anybody have any good strategies for heartburn/reflux besides Tums?? I'm really struggling this weekend!
  • bacorreabacorrea member
    edited December 2016
    h&pmomma said:
    For my Chick-fil-a Lemonade loving ladies- go get "Simply Lemonade" at the grocery store! Our chick-fil-a is 30 minutes away so I've been looking for an alternate and this is definitely the closest (if not nearly the same) that I've found! And for those afraid that chick-fil-a's is non-pasteurized this one IS pasteurized. 
    Lemonade is SO easy to make too. 
    I do 2 cups lemon juice & 2 cups sugar (I use stevia) for a gallon of lemonade. I love to add strawberries for strawberry lemonade! I normally use 1 qt strawberries (diced) for a gallon of lemonade. If you make it the day before and let the flavors meld overnight it's TO DIE for. 
  • @ChristinaWild I am so sorry about your cat. We had to do that last summer at it was just awful. Hugs to you and your family! 
  • @bacorrea I'm glad to hear that you made it there safely!  

That's crazy about the iPhones! I had no idea, I just figured you had to take it back to the phone store! 
  • @ShadeofGreen816 someone told me to mix baking soda and water. I have never had heartburn so I haven't tried it. Maybe look it up. 
  • Squirtgun said:
    @bacorrea I'm glad to hear that you made it there safely!  

That's crazy about the iPhones! I had no idea, I just figured you had to take it back to the phone store! 
    See you used too but according to the Geek Squad guys it doesn't matter where you purchase your iPhone (phone store, Target, Best Buy, etc.) they can only offer Apple Care as coverage. They said Apple wants to be there own entity I guess and they want you using there insurance so they can't offer others. 
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I was told yellow mustard for heartburn/reflux. I hate it so I've never personally tried it. 
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I had very occasional heartburn. It help to figure out what food trigger it (or make it worse than usual). I usually drank milk (skim) before or/and during a meal that was more likely to cause heartburn and it help a lot

• @bacorrea It is true you can't take a busted iPhone to your cell company store anymore. It is a mega pain in the ass. I wouldn't go as far as to say you need to purchase extra insurance from Apple though, it still comes with a one year warranty. If you do have a problem in that year you have to take it to the Apple Store but it's covered. 

@ShadeofGreen816 to minimize reflux in the first place I do small meals, no fried food, no spicy or acidic foods. After the fact aside from tums and Zantac sometimes dairy helps. I kid you not a milkshake can be your best friend!

May '17 labor memes
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I had heartburn with my first pregnancy and a glass of milk always helped! :) 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Thanks for the tips guys! My mom has always sworn by the baking soda and water but it's so so gross, so I just wait until I'm truly desperate! I'll have to give dairy a try! (TMI?) if I could just poop I think it would be better!!
  • @bacorrea yep and it's super dumb. I've had a lot of problems with my phone the last few months and they told me I have to go through an Apple Store, which is unfortunate because the closest one is 5+ hours away. I ended up having to buy a cheap go phone type thing to get me through while I ship phones back and forth thing to get them fixed.  It almost makes me want to get rid of apple. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • I need a place to ask a stupid question. Is it true that after 16 weeks, it's dangerous for the baby to sleep on your back? I read that it could cut off blood supply and the best position is to sleep on your left side. My back is killing me and I just want to sleep flat on it. I know I can call my doctor, but I feel dumb bugging her with "hey, I read this" kind of questions - I save the "hey, I have this weird pain in my abdomen" questions for her. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @MrsFreeman2010 that's SO dumb. They should allow for some sort of mail in system. Ugh. I like my Dad's phone a lot. He has a Samsung Note 5. I just have so much music on my iPhone! I guess I would still have it on my iPad if I switched phones. 
  • kns1988 said:
    I need a place to ask a stupid question. Is it true that after 16 weeks, it's dangerous for the baby to sleep on your back? I read that it could cut off blood supply and the best position is to sleep on your left side. My back is killing me and I just want to sleep flat on it. I know I can call my doctor, but I feel dumb bugging her with "hey, I read this" kind of questions - I save the "hey, I have this weird pain in my abdomen" questions for her. 
    I don't think there is any validity to this, I'm not sure though. I sleep whatever way is comfortable (currently on my stomach or side). I've heard the blood suppply thing about sleeping on your stomach though, not your back. 
  • @kns1988 I thought the no back stuff wasn't until about 20 weeks. By then it is usually uncomfortable. You can always prop yourself up in a sort of recline on your back though to ease up some of the pressure. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @kns1988 I think its closer to 20 weeks (except for multiples) but some nurses or ob like to say sooner. At my 12 weeks check up my NP was not thrilled that I hadn't started sleeping on my side more. I'm a back sleeper through and through!

When I used the snoogle the first time around, I could kind of be on my side then lay my back on the pillow part so I'm not completely flat and I felt comfortable that way. If you have a pregnancy pillow you could always try that? 

• My most favorite advice on that was no matter what you do, you'll lay on your back and not even know. And chances are, in your sleep, you will change positions again before that's even an issue. That's what helped ease my mind because it makes sense!
  • @kns1988 I always thought it caused more issues for mom Vs baby.  I was always told to listen to your body and it does eventually become really uncomfortable to sleep flat on your back.  I ended up sleeping propped up last time.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @kns1988 I was told that yes, the added weight can put pressure on a major vein/artery if you sleep on your back. However, your body will wake you up and you'll know to move, unless, there is a specific reason your doctors has told you not to lie on your back. So sleep however is comfortable, your body will tell you when you shouldn't. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for the replies! I might try sleeping propped up a little. I have back issues, and it's tough not being able to take anything for it. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 I have lower back issues and I don't have a pregnancy pillow but I've always done something similar to @pshaortao and prop a pillow behind me and sleep *kinda* on my back slightly on my side. Sleeping on my side also aggravates my hip pain so I hate it. I'm usually a stomach sleeper but that's been uncomfortable for awhile now. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • I have lower back issues to and have talked about using the pregnancy pillow for support on other posts, but I figured I'd share again :) It has helped me to have the pillow between my news to help keep everything aligned and what not. Plus, it is a u-shaped one so I shove the other side behind my back to help not lay on my back all the way (my back hurts if I lay on my back for a long time). I tend to sleep on my left side though as I'm not comfortable on my right side, and I think I've read/heard that it is better to sleep on your left as it relieves pressure off of your organs (?) and helps with acid reflex. 

On a side note: does anyone have that pressure feeling like when you are going to start your period but don't? I have felt that occasionally, definitely not all of the time, but it freaks me out sometimes. It's not a crap and I don't have any spotting/bleeding, but just curious if anyone else has had anything similar happen? Sometimes I think it is just intestinal issues haha which have been occurring quite a bit lately! 

• I agree with PPs, it's more like the 20 week mark that you're not supposed to be flat on your back anymore either for sleep or exercise. I honestly still do it fir exercise if I'm only going to be on my back for a minute or so.

I'm a stomach sleeper so in prior pregnancies I slept hugging a pillow and rolled forward as far as comfortable with my big belly. My other position was with 2 pillows behind me and propped up/half sitting so that I wouldn't be flat on my back.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @vrj0522 And we're not supposed to do ab exercises on our stomach either right?
  • Jen_Shoes said:
    @vrj0522 And we're not supposed to do ab exercises on our stomach either right?
    They say no ab exercises period once you get a belly because it can increase the chance of diastisis recti (ab separation) but it's not unsafe.
    Married 8/27/2011

• vrj0522 said:
    Jen_Shoes said:
    They say no ab exercises period once you get a belly because it can increase the chance of diastisis recti (ab separation) but it's not unsafe.
    Interesting.  Is that something that people usually stay away from?  I don't know how much of these "rules" I should follow.  I barely follow any.  
  • Jen_Shoes said:
    vrj0522 said:
    Jen_Shoes said:
    Interesting.  Is that something that people usually stay away from?  I don't know how much of these "rules" I should follow.  I barely follow any.  
    I know in barre the pg girls typically still do the ab exercises best they can, so I have been too, unless it feels too weird. I do remember in yoga they recommended not doing spinal twists.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • That is one that I would follow. Ab separation can get nasty and as big as 4-5 inches, although that is less likely. After both pregnancies I ended up with about 1 finger width separation which is very normal and doesn't require anything be done but it honestly is still annoying. It can cause back pain and unless there's surgery to put the abs back together, the separation will always be there. The only ab exercise that is ok is plank and even that I would suggest stopping by the time you hit 3rd tri or sooner. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• I had/have a 5 inch separation that fucking sucks.  I'm already mentally planning a tummy tuck for after this one since we will be done.  Realistically it will probably be about 18 months- 2 years after this one, my last consult said after I am done having kids and within 15lbs of my goal weight.  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN