January 2016 Moms

Wakefulness with Standing?

Wondering if anyone else is or has gone through this. My girl is almost 11 months, and just started standing/cruising. Now, she's waking up several times per night standing in her crib crying, and I try to lay her back down and she gets even more mad - ha. Has this milestone wreaked havoc on anyone else's sleep? She's been sleeping 11-12 hours per night with no wakeups for the past 3 months. :( Of course we are going out of town this weekend for a wedding and she's staying with my mom, and I feel nervous she's going to wake up a bunch.

Re: Wakefulness with Standing?

• This happened for us when he learned how to roll to his tummy and again when he could sit up. I was surprised that it didn't happen when he started standing, too! I think their bodies/brains just keep practicing those new movements even when they're too sleepy to do it intentionally. 

But anyway, it normally passed in about a week or less. My LO fell asleep sitting up once in the process :) I chose not to try moving him since it didn't help. It will pass! Good luck and for your sake I hope it's soon :)
  • Yes! This happened when LO learned to stand and dang was it frustrating. It went away after about a week though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks girls - glad to hear it goes away! UGH!
  • It does, indeed, go away.  When our guy learned to stand he would stand up in the middle of the night screaming with his eyes closed.  This has happened with every big milestone for us.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• You describe my girl for the past 2 weeks. She had learned to stand over a month ago but just recently has started cruising a bunch so I think that could be part of it. I am hoping it goes away sooner rather than later! She gets MAD every time I try to get her to sleep.