February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (11/28)

123457»

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/28)

• Loading the player...
  • @MLRocha Aww that is so sweet! I'm not a big drinker but sangria is the one drink I really miss.
  • @MLRocha you clearly have excellent friends.
  • Does anyone here have the iPhone 7? And if you do, is it worth buying? H asked if I wanted one for Christmas and idk if I feel it's worth it if it's exactly like the 6 sans headphone jack. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Does anyone here have the iPhone 7? And if you do, is it worth buying? H asked if I wanted one for Christmas and idk if I feel it's worth it if it's exactly like the 6 sans headphone jack. 
    I just went from the 6 to the 7. Honestly, there's not a huge difference. The lack of headphone jack was a PITA for me, because I couldn't charge my phone and listen to music with the lightning cable at the same time. I just bought wireless headphones (not Apple ones). 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If anyone is looking for a teary story (my favorite as of late, I feel like Pam from The Office during her second pregnancy), follow up with the March mama who had her baby already. It's been a rollercoaster since she was born, good and bad. Made me hug my belly and appreciate all of the third tri soreness since it means my baby is still cooking inside. 
    I followed they're fb page and they took a video today. She's so tiny!!! 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @becbec28 didn't you have a Christmas party and shower??? How did they go? Did you end up wearing that wrap dress? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aww @becbec28 you look so pretty!! I like that dress, I love the color!! I'm glad you had fun at both events, and hopefully you got some nice or at least fun things at your shower!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks! We did get some really cute stuff! Now I'm just exhausted haha
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

I had the iPhone 5s and upgraded to the 7 two months ago. I love it! The battery life if amazing. I have so much more space since I had the smallest 5s and they don't even make that size anymore. I like it's a bit water resistant (though I haven't tested that one out yet! Granted I didn't have the 6 so I don't know how much the 7 has in common with the 6 (though I know it's a lot). I chose the 7 over the 6 because why not go for the newer tech when the price difference was $100-ish. 

Hope that helps!

I just upgraded -- it performs better than the 6 (I find that it's faster, better storage, battery life lasts longer) but for the most part, there isn't a huge difference between the 6 and the 7 aesthetically -- seems to all be under the hood!  

So far, the headphone jack thing hasn't bothered me so much but I also haven't needed to charge and use headphones at the same time. The phone comes with a headset that has the lightening charger which is really convenient. I was actually wondering if a battery charging case (like this one: https://www.amazon.com/3500mAh-External-Battery-Portable-Rechargeable/dp/B00N9Z5Z80) would let me listen and charge at the same time, but I haven't tested that out yet... maybe that can be my procrastination project today! 
    I have the 6, and love it. My husband upgraded to the 7, and I can't figure out how to work it LOL! The lack of home button throws me off. I asked him "how in the hell do you close your apps? I can't figure out the right double click to do it!" 
  • I have the 6 and it keeps shutting off when my battery is below 50%. But I read that they will only replace the 6s for that problem. Grr. DH and I might upgrade to 7s for Christmas though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have the 6 and it keeps shutting off when my battery is below 50%. But I read that they will only replace the 6s for that problem. Grr. DH and I might upgrade to 7s for Christmas though!
    H had this problem with 6 and it was so maddening!

We both upgraded to 7's that first week when it was free. I'm really happy with the improvement in functionality. Longer battery life, works faster, more responsive keypad, and mobile gifing. What's not to like?
  • I love my 7 plus, but I upgraded from a 5 though, so I can't really compare it to a 6. The best thing is that the camera is amazing. I'm really happy with how they've improved the light balancing for lower light pictures. Its the only camera I use now. 
  • Thanks ladies! I'll probably end up getting one primarily because I want the 7 plus and that lovely upgrade from 16GB of memory to 128GB. I don't use the headphones in tandem with the charger ever so I'm not too worried that'll be an issue. Now to decide which color of basic bish I want. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks ladies! I'll probably end up getting one primarily because I want the 7 plus and that lovely upgrade from 16GB of memory to 128GB. I don't use the headphones in tandem with the charger ever so I'm not too worried that'll be an issue. Now to decide which color of basic bish I want. ;)
    You strike me as rose gold.