BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC TIME!!! 12/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo ultimately the health of you & your baby is far more important so you definitely do right requesting a medical note if work as being dicks!
  • Options
    I eat so much processed food. I'm a terrible wife/mother in that regard. 
    Ugh, me too. I know I shouldn't feed it to my family so much and it's something I'm trying to cut out little by little. It's especially hard when my toddler refuses veggies and most anything healthy, but I do feel really crappy about it. 
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo that is really lame your boss is being a dick about taking a break for lunch - especially since you have GD and need to eat at very regular intervals to keep blood sugar stable. And definitely get a doctor's note for travel - it's exhausting during pregnancy, AND it makes it more difficult to eat healthy!

My job requires occasional travel, but I am extremely lucky that my boss is so cool about me not wanting to take trips anymore. I did have to travel for a week last month, but that was the last trip until I come back from maternity leave.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lct2008 i completely agree! White lights only!
  • Options
    lct2008 said:
    I'm about to drop a bomb on y'all. But my confession is that I don't like colored lights on Christmas trees. Lol.
    I don't like the rainbow strings, but I am okay with single-colored strings... Like, we have a string of white lights and a string of red lights on our tree, but that's it. Anything more than that is too much, IMO.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cooking sucks! Before pregnancy I loved to cook. We have eaten way too much processed food in the last 6 months. Veggies make an appearance like once a week. 

I love colored lights, but it's not my style for my house. I've seen some beautiful trees done with colored lights. 

Sex dreams aren't happening for me. Not sure where they went from my 1st pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Yes! White lights are the only way to go for decorations, everything else looks tacky IMO.  Although I kind of like the old school big glass bulb ones in colors (you know, the ones that used to catch on fire bcs they would get so hot!).
  • Options
    White one my tree and house. But I don't mind seeing the occasional colored lights on houses while we drive around and look at decorations. But to me on a tree it's just bleh. Too much. And white lights are just so crisp and pretty. I love white icicle lights outside too. 
    I don't HATE single color strands like red strand with your white. But I stil lwouldnt do it. #lightsnob  :p 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Am I the only one who loves tinsel on the tree? I think it's magical but DH hates it with a fiery passion.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    We put color icicles on the house this year. We usually do white icicles on the house and we bought the color ones to swag along our fence. This year DH decided that DS would like it better if we put the color ones on the house. I am ok with it but put my foot down when DH wanted to get one of those projectors with snowing Mickey faces. There is festive and then there is FESTIVE. He needs to simmer down. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one who loves tinsel on the tree? I think it's magical but DH hates it with a fiery passion.
    I love tinsel, even though my mom used to make me put it on strand by single strand...  We have a fake (gasp) tree and I don't get to use tinsel anymore, which makes me sad.  But DH is not into Christmas at all, so a real tree every year was going to be a major battle I didn't want to fight.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ohstars said:
    We put color icicles on the house this year. We usually do white icicles on the house and we bought the color ones to swag along our fence. This year DH decided that DS would like it better if we put the color ones on the house. I am ok with it but put my foot down when DH wanted to get one of those projectors with snowing Mickey faces. There is festive and then there is FESTIVE. He needs to simmer down. 
    But that sounds amazing! My husband is  into Christmas but I wish he was all about the decorations like that! 
  • Options
    I really dislike icicle lights. For some reason, they just remind me of the early 2000s (aughts?), and I think they look messy.

While I generally prefer single-color strands, I DO love the giant old-school multi-colored bulbs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have white lights on our tree and outside.  Colored lights are fine,  just not what we have.    We do real trees in my house! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to only white lights and a fake tree. I doubt the outside of the house will get decorated this year. H seems to be too lazy/not care enough this year and now that the temps here have dropped I might as well not even try to convince him...
  • Options
    Love all the colored lights and tinsel!!! Mmmmm processed food 
  • Options
    Real tree, all the lights. Christmas magic, yo! I do prefer white only for outdoors but color can be nice if done properly. 

I like the look of tinsel but but my parents banned it when I was a kid because they said it could kill the dog and kind of scarred me from actually using it.