February 2017 Moms

FFFC TIME!!! 12/2

2»

Re: FFFC TIME!!! 12/2

• I like either white or colored lights, but I totally judge people who mix something like cool white and warm white lights, or different kinds of mixed colored lights that clash.  Just pick one, please.  Also, don't just drape one strand of lights haphazardly across a random tree.  When I was young my mom used to straighten our neighbors' lights in the middle of the night.  I've never gone that far, but I definitely cringe at some of my neighbors' displays.  
    Yes, please for the love of god just choose one.

I hate multi-colored lights. I love icicles lights. I actually want to try a real tree if for nothing else to say I've done it at least once. I never had one growing up but I know a lot of people who do it every year swear by it.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • I'm secretly not all that enthused to decorate for Christmas this year, and I really don't know why.  Maybe it feels too much like a chore at this point, maybe I'm too grumpy from my lack of sleep, but I'm just not feeling it. I feel like a grinch just typing that. :/
  • Loading the player...
  • @niceymeany Yeah I like when I see a strand of purple of a different shade of blue. 

Its funny how many of us think the white lights are the only way to go. I'm leaning more colorful lately though!
  • We do only white lights on our tree (and I like tons of them) but our ornaments are very... eclectic. And I love it. Almost all of them have a story or a reason and then we have just a handful of colored bulbs to fill in with. Can't wait until we get our tree up! 

For other people's decor, i pretty much just like it all. I'm OOT this weekend with my mom and her girlfriends and there's this hoise down the street... I'll try to get a pic!
  • @NiceyMeany my ILs brought us two of those projectors so we wouldn't have to decoratate and I was so offended. Now we have our lights up and the projector going on :smile:
  • Dis my house:

Just kidding. This is our crazy neighbor's house. 

oh my GOD. How much is their electricity bill?!?!
  • @PerraSucia I'll allow it ;)

@die frau (I can't tag you!) I'm gonna guess it's exorbitant this time of year.
  • I'm thinking about getting H a Star Wars projector.....
  • @gretchypoo i say go for it!!! I'll supply the ammunition!!!
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • krob said:
    @gretchypoo i say go for it!!! I'll supply the ammunition!!!
    Come with me! We can have coordinating outfits :-)
  • krob said:
    @gretchypoo i say go for it!!! I'll supply the ammunition!!!
    Come with me! We can have coordinating outfits :-)
    I'll take you both down. 
    Nobody messes with Christmas, even in its tackiest forms. 
    I'm glad you're here to save Christmas, Cindy Lou Who ;-)
  • Colored lights on both my fake trees. Next year we'll need a third tree and it will be real. Husband's been refusing and we were going to get one finally this year but I'm too pregnant to deal with it. I love lots of tacky Christmas decorations. I have some of my grandmothers Christmas decorations, but stuff from like the 70's, not the nice antique stuff. I love the big giant colored bulbs and we have an inflatable Mickey in our yard and a dachshund with sweater and hat that's a fuzzy material they call tinsel but isn't. My kids have three advent calendars and that's just at my house lol. I even have wreaths hanging on my interior doors.