Babies on the Brain
Options

Nuvaring possibly failed?

Lmsmith422Lmsmith422 member
edited November 2016 in Babies on the Brain
3 months ago I switched to Nuvaring from the pill. DH and I were going to wait until the spring to start ttc. 

My dr said I could leave my ring in for 4 weeks to avoid my period so technically I haven't had my period since October 9. I have exactly 1 week until I can either take it out for my period or leave it in to avoid it. 

I have been bloated and hungry all the time. Yesterday I was exhausted after shopping for 2 hours and napped when I woke up I was so nauseous. Smells made it worse.  I've been moody and gassy. Boobs heavy and hurt. I just feel like I've been emotional. Even hubby said I have been mean lol

I've read Nuvaring had a lawsuit for failing and I've seen tons of stories of how people got pregnant on it. 

Could it have failed for me. I know no one can tell me if I'm pregnant or not. I haven't tested but I don't know if I'd be 7 weeks or 3 weeks.

Re: Nuvaring possibly failed?

• Options
    All you can do is take a pregnancy test
  • Options
    Obviously it is possible, but it is also unlikely. Changing hormonal birth control can often mimic pregnancy symptoms until your body adjusts. 
    That being said, as you're already aware, taking a HPT is your only sure fire way of knowing unless your period appears.
    I hope you get whatever answer you're looking for :)