December 2016 Moms
Options

Symptoms - November Edition

12346»

Re: Symptoms - November Edition

• Options
    Holy itchy feet!! Anyone else? It's insane. I know the dry, cold air isn't helping anything but I just want to claw at them 24/7
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 have you been checked for cholestasis? It shows up as itchy hands and feet. If not, I'd get a call in to your doctor to have blood work done.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Gizmo1231
     Whatever came of your doctor's appointment? I've got the same problem now, yuck!
  • Options
    @DumbledoresArmy it was a yeast infection. They put me on an antibiotic cream that I used nightly for 3 nights. Said it wouldn't hurt baby if I happened to go into labor. Just uncomfortable for me! :D
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Itching on my belly. Cannot... stand... it...
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for the freshly burst blood vessels in old stretch marks on my belly. I've been so unbelievably uncomfortable the past few days. 4 days until my induction. 4 days. 
  • Options
    The top left side of my stomach keeps getting bouts of searing pain....I can only assume it's muscles tearing/stretching?? by far the worst symptom yet for me, and there's little to relieve it...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone get skin tags while pregnant? Any removal tips or will I have to go to a dermatologist? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jennbaylor12 I had one once and put frankincense essential oil on it twice a day. Disappeared! (In a couple weeks)
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Not that this helps any but I remember my grandmother used to just rip them off. *shudders*

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @Gizmo1231 Does that also work for really old ones? I've had a small one in my armpit for as long as I can remember. Always say I should go get it removed, but it's pretty hidden so I never get around to it. Oils sound like a much nicer way to deal with it.

@ajstevenson Ouch! I remember trying that as a kid. All I got out of it was a lot of pain and a bloody mess. Never again. Grandma's got nerves of steel!
  • Options
    If you don't want to go to a dermatologist, I've read that you can tie a piece of thread around it to basically cut off the blood flow and it will fall off.  Never actually tried it though, so I'm probably no help at all! :D
  • Options
    My husband rips them off himself too. He is crazy and I do not recommend! Sometimes they bleed a lot.

• Options
    Wart removal pads sometimes work on them. Sounds better than ripping off to me  :s

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oy!!! lol, thanks guys!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited November 2016
    Anyone get skin tags while pregnant? Any removal tips or will I have to go to a dermatologist? 
    I got 2 really small ones, freaked out, and ripped them off! They were small, but I was like 'Noooo!' I wouldn't have been able to do it if they weren't super small. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @tinattt23 my mom swears it does. Definitely takes longer than ripping it off but never hurt. I used the oil neat (oil to skin) and it took a couple weeks 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    @Toller yes, I have similar pain!! My doctor told me it was a nerve stretching. No relief other than to give birth.  
  • Options
    @Toller yes, I have similar pain!! My doctor told me it was a nerve stretching. No relief other than to give birth.  
    Gah!!! that is not comforting!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ajstevenson throwing up in my mouth. That's savage.
  • Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar will remove skin tags. Apply it daily and in a course of a few days or week it should fall off. 
  • Options
    Is spending so much in l&d that the nurses know my name, DH's name, and both the outside kid and inside kid names a symptom? I keep telling them one of these trips will be my last...5 days until rcs but still have at least 1 nst/AFI scheduled before then. geez. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    My husband cuts them off (small ones) with small scissors or nail clippers but says they come back about 50% of the time.
  • Options
    This weekend the family-in-law came and helped my husband move the (very heavy, iron) guest bed over several feet so I could finally start putting together the nursery. (Don't ask, it has to do with our apartment layout.) Yesterday I worked literally from 9-5 fixing it up, and also rearranged the books on our bookshelves...a bunch. And did the laundry.

I had sort of forgotten how much work I'd done on the house when H came home after our birth class last night and couldn't believe how much I'd changed. "This must have taken you hours." Yes. Yes it did.

So anyway, I don't know if it's nesting, because I'm not really getting the urge to scrub the baseboards or anything, and I've always been a pretty obsessively tidy person, but hey. I'll take it.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    My new symptom is burny swollen tongue from eating this effin' pineapple. Maybe I should have put the pineapple IN something...
  • Options
    @SmashJam I have 7 of those puppies on my counter eating to be cut. but they are mainly for dd. she's obsessed!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    BH when I do anything. BH when I think of doing anything. BH when I sit. BH when I drive. BH when I sleep. 
    Also, pretty sure I'm getting end of pregnancy panicky anger and emotional about little things. 

Oh, and my pelvis feels like it's going to split in two when I stand up. 

• Options
    @yellingbanana OMG YES. SAME HERE.
  • Options
    Flat(er) feet. Is that a pregnancy thing? I'm guessing the relaxin on the ligaments combined with the extra weight have just flattened them out almost completely. Poor arches aren't happy. 
  • Options
    Do we have a December symptoms thread yet? 
  • Options
    I don't think so, but it sounds like a job for @zubenescamali ;)