January 2017 Moms

Symptoms w/o 11/14

2»

Re: Symptoms w/o 11/14

• @marynog I literally just complained about that to my doctor this morning. He chalked it up to just being a neuropathy that'll go away as baby moves or when pregnancy is over. I guess I'd rather have a hot spot on my belly than awful sciatica, which is caused by the same thing, so there is that. 
  •  MaryNog MaryNog member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for sharing @katesmama0706! I emailed my doctor and she wasn't quite sure what it could be, guessed it might be from stretching muscles and skin due to the weight of the uterus. A neuropathy makes more sense though,  because it's so localized and won't go away with position changes.
    Cold compresses have been helping (I keep a couple of bean bags in the freezer and rotate them), though they make the baby go crazy. Girlfriend does NOT like the cold!

And good point about the sciatica, if we have to pick our neuropathies, I much prefer what we have!
  • Loading the player...
  • For those who are taking iron supplements, how are you managing heartburn? I find that the iron gives me horrible heartburn lately (and gastric reflux!) but I know you're not supposed to take calcium with it because it inhibits absorption dramatically, so I don't know how to deal.
  • @canavara I have to take 2 iron pills a day and I also take Zantac twice a day. I usually space them out about an hour, I'll take my Zantac first and then an hour later my iron pills. I still take Tums when it gets bad at night but only after waiting an additional hour after taking my iron pill. This is what my Dr had recommended and seems to really help and doesn't interfere with my iron absorption. 
  • @mamaandnurse  Wifey also has the same hard time pooping.  
    @canavara Wifey takes one iron pill every other day because the heartburn gets so bad.  she drinks alot of water and takes tums right before bed.  Mint tea seems to help with the heartburn.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anyone else have their BH getting stronger?  Every now and again mine get pretty strong to an almost painful period cramp level. And it's all through my back. It used to be just the bottom of my stomach got really hard. 

Trying not to Google this.... my MW said it's not a concern unless I notice color is my discharge or a pattern in consistency. 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan I've had some painful crampy ones. My doula said as you get further along, it's pretty normal to have some sporadic painful contractions here and there. I mentioned it to my OB and of course she now asks about it every appointment, but the general consensus (just like your MW said) is that it's nothing to worry about unless it starts happening several times an hour in a pattern.

Aside from the first couple of times it happened where it really threw me offguard and I was like, "????" I've started taking it as an opportunity to practice breathing through it because it's easier to feel them peak and wear off if you pay close attention.
  • @canavare Yeh! It's good practice.  I did that last night, trying out my breathing, and I can feel when it peaks and starts going away also.

Now I'm getting more nervous about labor, this is my "shit's getting real" moment.... lol
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HJMorgan @canavara same thing is happening to me. They're still concentrated on the front, but feel more crampy than usual. In my Late Pregnancy class the instructor said pretty much what your providers did: don't worry too much unless they're periodic and "timeable," and to use this as an opportunity to practice your coping techniques. So far my coping mostly constitutes of whining about it to my husband, I should definitely do something more productive :)
  • This is total TMI, you guys, so I apologize in advance. In the past couple of days I've been having a lot more discharge, and it's making me paranoid that maybe it's a small tear in my amniotic sac. Probably pure FTM jitters as I approach the finish line. Sigh...
  • @MaryNog if that's how you feel it is really easy to get it checked out just give them a call. My midwife said to me this week that this sort of time (34 weeks for me) is known for discharge really ramping up. If it doesn't feel right you are much better to be cautious and get it checked out.
  • They taught us at Lamaze class to remember TACO:

Time
    Amount
    Color
    Odor

The last two being the easiest indicators. Amniotic fluid is clearish and has a really distinct smell that will be different from other pregnancy discharge. But if you're nervous about it, call. The ROM test is quick and painless... they just stick a little litmus strip inside of you sort of near your cervix... you don't feel anything.
  • Got to visit l&d today. Baby girl hadn't moved in 24 hours. Everything is fine and her heart is very strong so no worries. Doctor said with how baby is measuring and sounding she wouldn't be surprised if this was the beginning of the beginning stages of labor like I had with DD1. Goal is to still get to 37 weeks, but she'd be perfectly healthy if she was born sooner. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Glad you went in @ashleysparkle720! My doctor reassured me of the same thing at my 34 week appointment to calm my nerves. Still keeping my fingers crossed for 37 or more -- for both of us!
  • @LoneStar21416 DD1 came at 36+3 so my labor radar is super sensitive now that I'm less than two weeks from that. I have a follow up on Tuesday. If movement remains this low we'll discuss induction around the 36 week time frame.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • @AshleySparkle720 Glad everything turned out ok and that your baby is well!
  • @MaryNog :: about a week ago, I was also concerned that I may have leaked a small amount of amniotic fluid. My OB told me that it's always really obvious if it is because it smells really salty -- like the ocean. (It was just discharge.) 
  • My pelvic/groin/inner thigh pain has really picked up this week (I'll be 35 weeks in a few days). I find that it's ok when I'm sitting or laying down, but walking after sitting for too long or getting dressed is a painful struggle. I almost want to cut pants out of my wardrobe and stick to dresses.
  • I appreciate your insight, ladies! Thank you!
  • @LoneStar21416 +1 on all of that. I am so done with pants. 
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited November 2016
    Little dude changed positions on me suddenly this afternoon. I was feeling his feet up by my right ribs and heart down by my pelvis on the left... suddenly everything I feel is on the left side, don't feel his kicks anymore, and feel his hiccups in my butt hahaha. Heart beat is still down low too so I'm hoping this means he finally decided to go anterior!
  • @canavara I feel like I felt hiccups in my butt, too, recently, but I thought I was just losing it. I guess that could be a thing! But his hiccups today were in a different location. 
  • Heartburn...oh the heartburn!!! I started zantac but my doctor increased my dosage to 150mg 2x/day. It helps a little. I'm doing everything possible to prevent it. Blandest diet ever. I ordered a wedge pillow on amazon...it will be here Tuesday. I cannot wait! Hoping for some relief with that. Tums at my bedside...im allowed 5/day. 
    Just lack of sleep because of the heartburn. Id say a good 50% of the days the last couple weeks i go sleep on the couch recliner and sleep propped up. It's the only way i will sleep. I want to be close to my husband and sleep in my room and we've talked about moving one of the recliners in our bedroom if this wedge doesn't work.
    Rumor has it heartburn means a baby with hair. Hence how he has already gotten the nickname "little monkey."
  • I know I've been contracting since 29w6d but I just had my strongest contraction yet. I tried to focus on my breathing but I kept thinking it was so much worse than I ever expected it would be. I also had to go to the bathroom immediately after it was over. I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and I'm hoping to at least make it to 36 weeks. Note to self - don't make jokes about how you made it to 34 weeks and everything is ready so baby can come anytime. LO may take it as a challenge. 
  • @christac1010 ugh I'm sorry. You're doing great. Is it any better now?
  • @LoneStar21416 So far so good! It seemed to just be the big one and then low key cramping throughout the rest of the night. No more bathroom trips but a little nausea. I'm curious to hear what my OB has to say on Thursday. I think this LO is determined to make his way out soon. 
  • Anyone else having a hard time swallowing? I've had to drink liquid with everything I've eaten today just to get it to go down my esophagus. 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker