January 2017 Moms

Symptoms w/o 11/14

newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
edited November 2016 in January 2017 Moms
Complain away!! 

I'll start :) Had an awesome fun-filled weekend with friends in town, lots of dog walks/park visits, great food, couples baby shower, so much fun! but then on Monday I honestly felt like I went to the craziest rave of my life (i've never been to one) and the swelling, body aches/pains, GI issues, overall feeling beyond horrible. how is it possible that i'm the one who ate healthy, didn't get drunk, and probably slept better than everyone else all weekend yet I felt like I had the worst hangover ever (minus the headache part). Now i'm scared for Thanksgiving weekend when it will be a repeat of all of that.  third trimester uncomfortable-ness is real!

Re: Symptoms w/o 11/14

• I wish I had LO's energy. I'm exhausted. I feel like the first trimester again. My iron levels are fine. According to my doctor, exhaustion returns around this time.

Otherwise, continued contractions, discharge, GI issues, and decreased fetal movement (I know he's running out of room and sleeping more) have me on edge every day. I never thought I would be so nervous at the end of my pregnancy. 

WTF is up with the head butts to the bladder?! I've almost peed my pants more than once. Between that and his foot in my ribs (I swear I could feel toes the other night), he's a wild nut. I can't imagine how I'll feel as he keeps growing - hopefully for at least one more week (ideally 3 or 4 more weeks). 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so cranky and tired.  My patience is completely gone with everyone and everything.   :s

And heartburn.  So much heartburn.

@christac1010 head butts to the bladder are getting to me too!  I've had a few close calls lately.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SPD kicked in for real in the last few weeks. I can't wait to be done!
  • When I was at my last appointment my doctor laughed and went "she's so wild!" When he was looking for her heartbeat and she kept kicking the doppler and spinning and I was like "yeah that's why I just whined about my poor cervix when you asked how I felt!" DD1 was super chill in utero and wiggly as soon as she came out so I'm hoping that opposite thing kicks in this time too and she'll be more mellow once she's here! 
    Anxiety about going into labor in the middle of night and not having someone to watch DD has started too. I've got people lined up to take her but I'm more and more convinced I won't make it to my induction and it'll be 2 AM and people will sleep through phone calls and because I had DD so fast I don't feel comfortable waiting at home so I'm seriously stressing. Probably for absolutely no reason haha
  • tmi maybe, but my butt feels weird.  I'm scared to look and praying it's not hemorrhoids. But I think it is.  :( Other than that- tired oh so tired.  My brother's wedding was this weekend and Im still exhausted.  And oh so little patience  * weeks and 2 days but who is counting?????????  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hayhay2501hayhay2501 member
    edited November 2016
    Ah ha @christac1010 I had this EXACT thought today. I was sitting at my desk completely exhausted and baby was basically dancing around my womb. Amazing that she can have so much energy when I'm so exhausted! And fetal movement is a constant anxiety as well. Such a range of emotions.

Besides a complete return to 1st trimester exhaustion, I'm starting to feel so uncomfortable, especially in my legs. Usually around 5am I wake up and just cannot get my legs comfortable. I stretch them, try different positions, wrap them around my MASSIVE pregnancy pillow and nothing works. It's not helping my exhaustion! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so uncomfortable too @hayhay87.  The few times I've managed to find something that works, DH pushes my pillow or I need to pee.  

Exhausted, hips hurt, lower belly hurts, I'm having sciatic pain in my right leg, terrible heartburn if I don't eat small portions or just the right things, and Baby A seems to have a vendetta against my left ribs.  I feel like all I do is complain to DH about how terrible I feel.  Also, maybe TMI but I get constipated and then have terrible, shooting pain above my pelvic bone until I can clear my system.  Has anyone else experienced this?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am emotionally a wreck. I either want to cry, laugh or scream. Or all of them. Whichever. I'm over people and just want to eat turkey and cranberry sauce, but I'm running out of room to eat a lot. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle trying to eat two turkey day meals in one day. Ugh. 

Exhaustion is also kicking in. I'm just tired. I did some yoga today and whew, it was tough! HB at night as well. BUT my weight gain is slowing down a bit (yay!) and after a brief period of splitting and cracking, my nails are growing again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Low to mid back pain that just snuck up on me. I think a big contributor is my desk set up and chair. It's actually a nice chair, but I'm so uncomfortable in it now. I need to figure this out. 

Baby was head down last we saw, but today I felt something (I think feet) SO far over on my right side that I'm convinced he or she flipped back to sort of transverse. I really hope not and maybe I'm just underestimating how long baby's legs are.

Not really sleeping well either. 
  • I am so over being pregnant! I have NO idea how I am going to get through the next 7 weeks. My little guy kicks, twist and turns all day long, my body is so sore, my sciatica is horrible. My heartburn has successfully taken away my ability to eat anything. And my toddler has turned into a wild Tasmania devil who on a daily basis keeps me prisoner until his dad gets home at 6pm.
  • Why did I think it was a good idea to get the tdap and flu shots on the same day?? Arms are sore, I'm achy and exhausted. And very whiney!
  • hayhay2501hayhay2501 member
    edited November 2016
    @MaryNog I did the same thing. Worst idea ever. I ended up calling in sick the next day!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tailbone pain! Monday and Tuesday I did a lot of heads down work and didn't move much and I paid for it in my tail bone.

• I never really had morning sickness in the first trimester, and definitely consider myself super lucky in that regard. I had been experiencing constipation - totally expected - but these last few days after I eat I tend to get nauseous (not really heartburn - more like gagging reflux) and then diarrhea (or feels like I'm about to get diarrhea, which then waits until the most inopportune time to show up). 

Ugh. I've had a really pretty easy time so far - with the exception of the little complaints here and there - but I've gotta say that I sure hope this nausea and diarrhea go away.... without the constipation coming back. 

Is it greedy to want both??? Lol

• I'm with you girls in the nonexistent comfort!! My back hurts, my hips hurt, my belly hurts.... uhg. ALTHOUGH DH gave me the best massage last night. My whole lower back and then my stomach muscles. All the muscles around the bottom of my belly. Giiiiiiirrrlllsssss...... It felt so good! I got soooo comfortable after that.... He may just have to get used to this being a normal thing... LOL
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm tired. I have no patience. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to keep teaching through January 13. The good thing is I do have Thanksgiving and Christmas break coming up, so that will help. Heartburn has returned and is terrible. I've also had a couple of rounds of morning sickness over the last week. I keep gaining weight, and I feel like I'm walking in cement all the time now. I'm ready to get a healthy baby here, and I know I just have to make it through the next few weeks somehow. 
  • My patience is close to gone and I really hope it comes back. My fuse has been so short and I feel bad for my boyfriend and son. I finally got a support belt and am so glad I did! It has really helped with all of the pressure and pains. Why does it have to be impossible to sleep. I am already tired enough chasing around a toddler and now not being able to sleep has made me exhausted by the time I get off work..... Also migraines! They just started this past week and have been awful. 
  • @ashanne88 yep, all of the shooting pains. Every time they catch me off guard and finally when I go to the bathroom, they go away. I also get them when I have a full bladder. I don't know why they catch me off guard because it happens daily.
  • Oh my, the weather changes are giving my sinuses a run for the money. Goes between warm during day to cold at night by evening time my nose and eyes are burning. Ready to be able to take something this season. 

• Anxiety about going into labor in the middle of night and not having someone to watch DD has started too. I've got people lined up to take her but I'm more and more convinced I won't make it to my induction and it'll be 2 AM and people will sleep through phone calls and because I had DD so fast I don't feel comfortable waiting at home so I'm seriously stressing. Probably for absolutely no reason haha
    @katesmama0706 this is my deal right now too. So anxious!
  • @christac1010 I feel your pain with the head butts to the bladder.  I've been wearing light pads due to discharge but it came in handy the other day with my LO decided to give me a good one and there was some leakage. 

My sinuses are so dry that it is giving me bad headaches and she is taking up so much more space then my first DD1 that I am having more issues getting winded quicker.  And, the waddle has begun.

Other than that, I'd like to be able to sleep through the night but I guess she is preparing for her sleeping habits. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dislike every one that surrounds me right now. I'm moody as all hell, and really I think it's because our house is a mess since we are down a room. my husband is working his tailbone off to get the boys room done, and I am having full blown nesting mode....not a good combo. 

Heartburn has been lots of fun. looking forward to it intensifying over the next 8 weeks. :neutral: 

@Salliejabl we have dry heat and and just bought a cool mist humidifier that works the entire house...I have been sleeping better since we've cranked that thing on. it helped a lot with my husbands sinuses...he was up all night with nose and throat issues. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • So this is the most random symptom ever, but has anyone lost hair unevenly? I have always had pretty dark arm hair, but now my left arm is almost bald while my right arm is unchanged. I know hormones are weird, and in the world of pregnancy symptoms this is not even a speck. But just curious if I was the only one. Starting to think I'm going to have to shave or wax the right one so they match!
  • Y'all, I swear it feels like this baby is going to fall out of my butt. So. Much. Pressure.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @BAJDesigns that's a pretty funny symptom! At least it isn't painful. 

@LastMango every time I go to the bathroom I'm afraid she's gonna fall out. So much pressure!

I've been having this odd dull ache that comes And goes on my lower right side, just in from my hip bone. Round ligament pain still? 
  • I am incredibly moody lately. I'm very "prickly" to my poor husband and lose patience really quickly with my kiddo. I know it's just hormones but I'm over it.

I am so sore. My back aches all day every day and my belly feels so heavy. I could really use one of those maternity support bands but I can't bring myself to spend $50 on something that is so temporary.

Pooping is almost impossible at this point. It doesn't hurt to go and when I finally do, it's normal looking but my goodness is it a hassle.
    DD1: EDD 12/21/11 - Born 11/24/11 at 36w1d
    DD2: EDD 1/16/17 - Born 1/12/17 at 39w3d
  • @lastmango and @underthesea I feel the same way. Also, I feel like things just feel strange and different when I go to pee now, and it kind of freaks me out. I can't describe it that well other than to say that I feel like everything is looser. File under: WTF.
  • @KMck27  I'll have to check into that.  We have radiant heat and is a struggle to manage during the winter.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Half symptoms, half Bitch Fest: this week has been kicking my ass. I can work for 4, maybe 5 hours, then I start getting cramps, BH contractions, and absolute exhaustion. I'm only 31 weeks along, didn't expect to feel like this for another few weeks. Hopefully it's just temporary, I still have so much to do! And I want to save all my accumulated sick time for after the baby arrives!
  • Holy hot flash Batman! I've entered the "I'm carrying a portable heater" stage. I'll be fine then BOOM! hot as hell fire! I am glad the weather is finally more fall like, but going from 30/40s in the a.m. to 70s/80s in the p.m. is not helping the situation at all! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • I'm tired of being beaten up from the inside. My ribs and side are so sore and my skin is numb where he rests his feet when he's not beating me up. I poke at his feet and he doesn't even care, he just keeps them there like "yeah... what are you gonna do about it?" Laying on my side makes him move but it makes him kick even more.

My doctor is just like, "That's good that he's active!" :neutral:
  • @AlabamaRedhead I was in my undergarments, fanning myself by an open window and it was in the 40's outside. My husband was running to find a sweater as he already had sweats and a long sleeve shirt on. I.Feel.Your.Pain. I feel so sad for woman who are 8 months pregnant in the middle of the Summer. Those poor women!

My symptoms are sore pelvic bones and holy cow, Braxton Hicks. I've had BH since about 20 weeks and now they are just crazy strong. I sit on a stability ball all day while I work and I don't usually get any - if I do they are super light. In the last two nights though I've woken up to super strong BH. I'm a very heavy sleeper so the fact that these are waking me up is like "WOWZA, HELLO, I'M UP!" My uterus muscles better be in tip-top shape come the day of delivery. 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What are you ladies doing to combat the heartburn? It has struck me with a vengeance! I am struggling to stay hydrated because water and fruit juice, which is basically all I drink, makes it SOOOOO much worse. Tums isn't touching it.
  • @BAJDesigns  Milk and  ice cream! Those help me the best.  Lol
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg the heartburn tonight, I usually drink milk and it subsides. nothing is touching it today.
  • @hjmorgan Went and picked up a milkshake and it did the trick! Thank you!
  • The tums stopped working for me a few weeks ago so I picked up some Prilosec and it has been a complete savior!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • One thing that really helped my heartburn was to stay standing up or sitting very upright for about half hour after each meal. 

A couple of days ago I started feeling a burning skin sensation at the top of my belly, sort of below my right breast. It's almost like heartburn, but on my skin. And it's been constant since then. Very odd...I did some Googling and got answers ranging from "just one of those pregnancy things" to "skin stretching" to "nerve damage." Anyone else experience something similar?
  • Tums weren't doing a thing for my heart burn so I started Zantac and I feel like a new woman.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏