February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (11/21)

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/21)

• Thanks @poetryandoceans, you made me LOL at fluffbutt stash! I got it in my head last night that it was an absolute travesty that we were having a baby in 3 months and I have no place for him to sleep (we got the crib, but no mattress yet). This was really bugging me, so DH agreed that we'd wait until the first shower, then if no one bought it we'd go ahead and get the bassinet at least so I could calm down for awhile!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • I keep thinking I have plenty of time but then also freaking out a little thinking in 5 weeks my first was born and came home.  We had to replace our infant car seat and finally ordered it with the Black Friday sales.  Feeling much better now having that done.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mostly just cleaning or baby stuff here. A cousin borrowed some of it. So freshening everything up!
  • @WinchesterGirl I just had a freak out this weekend too. I was feeling like we were making progress on everything but as of today there are holes in the nursery wall and ceiling since my husband is trying to install a ceiling light. He ran out of time when my dad was here so I have no idea now when it will get done  :|
  • @WinchesterGirl we got pretty much everything at our shower last weekend, exceeeeept for the beloved crib mattress. Luckily BRU had a great sale this weekend though (And still on sale....) Sealy Mattress which was $130 and is now $65! 

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/crib-toddler-mattresses/sealy-signature-brilliant-nights-2-stage-crib/toddler-mattress-em442-ftnp-38349976
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 28w with almost nothing done! I started clearing out the third bedroom which will be the nursery, at some point. I keep waiting for the sense of urgency to kick in...
  • MommaBean said:
    +1 28w with almost nothing done! I started clearing out the third bedroom which will be the nursery, at some point. I keep waiting for the sense of urgency to kick in...
    Same here.
  • @tishb how did you fare now that the crazy rush is mostly over?
    I survived, but H had to be on foot-rub duty basically the whole time I was home between shifts. I knew what to expect, but OMG being pregnant makes a difference. 
  • I have been feeling the same way; how did I get this far without accomplishing anything?  We finally ordered the crib and dresser/changing table today because they are 15% off on Target.  Hoping that having them on the way will be enough of a kick in the butt to finish cleaning out/painting/decorating the nursery.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @poetryandoceans You are all good, no need to apologize on my behalf! ;)  I am a major planner and was already feeling the urge to get things done... the 3rd tri was what got me. I think it's something about that hitting, so I can no longer put it off and say, "I still have a whole trimester to work on that." Also you are very smart to avoid the stores in December.  :|
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • 29 weeks here and haven't done much of anything either. I have a feeling it won't hit me until after the Christmas buzz is over. 

Since we are on number 3, we both feel it tacky and awkward to have another shower... back in augst my mom offered to throw us one but I declined her offer. Then my mil and aunt in law (?) Lol just made an offer too. I declined that as well but they kept bringing it up and have worked out the details for the most part. Basically it turned into me feeling rude for declining so I ended up agreeing as long as it's small and low key. But then I had to go back and tell my mom because I didn't want it to hurt her feelings if she found out. Now I feel like I'll look gift grabby and like we can't afford our newest baby and my head is going in circles. They all feel it's acceptable because our youngest will be a couple weeks shy of 8 when this one is born... and this one is a boy, our son is 10 so they think it's been long enough. Ugh it's awkward 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I have everything but a pump? I haven't washed any clothing or swaddle things.  I have 9 weeks to go and figured I'd sort through clothes in January. 

I am waiting to buy my fancy girdle and hoping I get my compression leggings for Xmas. 
  • Hey @lct2008, what an awesome Mom you have there! Definitely go for the prenatal massage... For me, when they focus on my head/scalp, it is absolutely heavenly! Maybe get the prenatal massage and a haircut?

At the end of the day, you're doing your best. Your kids know that and they love you! Get the kids to sleep, take a bath, watch a movie, read a page of a book, or just get some comfy pajamas on a make a glass of tea/hot chocolate/apple cider, etc. and take in a good deep breath! We're all here to support each other whether we're having our best or worst days! Allow yourself the meltdown and know there is always another tomorrow to start over with, just around the corner!

https://www.gabrielleorcutt.com/hey-mom-see/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lct2008 its ok to be overwhelmed, theres been a lot going on. Hopefully the next few weeks will be less hectic & you can get back to your usual way of going. But take time for yourself like everyone else has said, you need to look after yourself! Xxx
  • @lct2008 I recently had a melt down about the same shit.  There is just so much going and so much of it falls on my lap. I'm sorry. I hope you time helps. 
  • Hey @lct2008, what an awesome Mom you have there! Definitely go for the prenatal massage... For me, when they focus on my head/scalp, it is absolutely heavenly! Maybe get the prenatal massage and a haircut?

At the end of the day, you're doing your best. Your kids know that and they love you! Get the kids to sleep, take a bath, watch a movie, read a page of a book, or just get some comfy pajamas on a make a glass of tea/hot chocolate/apple cider, etc. and take in a good deep breath! We're all here to support each other whether we're having our best or worst days! Allow yourself the meltdown and know there is always another tomorrow to start over with, just around the corner!

https://www.gabrielleorcutt.com/hey-mom-see/
    I'm thinking about doing this tonight too just because you made it sound so heavenly!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I think it's totally acceptable with the age gap in your kids! It's when kids are like 2-3 years apart that drives me insane.  People will be happy for you and happy you are adding after a big gap, I wouldn't worry about it!! 
  • @kswiger06 I went through the same issue with my MIL, I turned her down a few times and now somehow it's happening. It's no one from my family or friends so I'm thinking of it as I'm doing this for her? It's weird.. I feel awkward about it too. I never had a shower but I do have a two year old so we have pretty much everything we need. It'll be an interesting day for sure.
  • @leslie1331 and @homemake I'm hoping the invited guests will not think I'm just out for gifts, but it still feels awkward. I did suggest making it a baby "celebration" party without gifts. Just a fun get together with food and cheesy games, but my mil is set on a registry or at least finding out what stores for gift cards. *sigh* I guess worse case scenario is people talking behind my back lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker