February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (11/21)

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/21)

• Loading the player...
  • @yogadevil tell them they're welcome to diaper duty. 

People are so so strange sometimes, sorry you're stressed.  <3
  • @yogadevil - breastfeeding is selfish??!!!!!  OMG I can't believe anyone would say that!
  • @yogadevil That's ridiculous! Tell them they're the ones being selfish because they won't be around 99.9% of the time to feed the baby anyway! I'm not usually one to get snappy at people but that's insane.

@LivingLaVidaGinger That pic is so cute!!! I love your pup!!

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that's how my MIL felt with DS! She didn't come out and use the word "selfish," but it was pretty clear. + she wanted sleepovers right away and breastfeeding wasn't conducive to that  :|
  • MommaBean said:
    I think that's how my MIL felt with DS! She didn't come out and use the word "selfish," but it was pretty clear. + she wanted sleepovers right away and breastfeeding wasn't conducive to that  :|
    ^This. My MIL is a twatwaffle through and through.

Plus the whole "well this is the first great grandchild, and will likely be their only one, how could you deprive them of giving the baby a bottle?"

I cannot handle my inlaws. It's starting to cause a LOT of friction between DH and I for a plethora of reasons.
  • My office is in a strip mall setting and we're right next to a grocery store. There is a picnic table in the little cove a few feet from our door where the grocery store employees take breaks (and smoke). Well, this year apparently the store decided to do a red kettle starting today. They didn't have one last year and I would think it would start next week at least. So anyway, the bell has been driving me nuts all morning and I have to deal with it for at least another month! And I swear the woman working it today has taken a smoke break every 30 minutes at the table and the smell comes through our door. Between the bell and the smoke smell I'm not very happy today.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• yogadevil said:
    +1 to awkward "advice" regarding cloth diapering. Or rather more like "oh you'll fail at that." Huh? Because I fail at so many things? Thanks for the vote of confidence I suppose.

But I'll take their lack of confidence ANY day over my in laws telling me that breastfeeding is selfish because it means they can't feed the baby.

I'm at my capacity for stress right now and I feel like breaking down, I'm bitchy today because of it
    Umm what?! That makes zero sense to me! If anything, breastfeeding is probably more selfless because from what I've heard it can be super tough! I hope they realize there are other ways to bond with a baby besides feeding...
  • @yogadevil (if you like their cooking) you can tell them they can help feed the baby by feeding you! :)

That's seriously messed up!
  • @yogadevil that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and yet it's not surprising :-/  I don't know what it is about babies that just make everyone lose common sense sometimes.  Oi. 
  • I just bribed my dogs with pig ears because I couldn't deal with letting them outside just to wipe their feet off again (they are super hyper today... probably because I'm home by myself).  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo you can tell your FIL my cloth diapered son never once had diaper rash ever!
  • I was just linked to a page that was talking about commonly mispronounced baby brands. I definitely have always pronounced Chicco, Aden + anais, and Medela wrong. For B.O.B do you guys call them bobs or say each letter? I wonder what else I'm pronouncing wrong lol
  • After reading some of these comments you guys are getting I'm glad everyone knows what a bitch I can be and leave me alone.
    Preach. 
  • I've been home from work for almost 2 hours and JUST took my ID off. Busy evening!  :D
  • @tentacular that clock is AWESOME
  • After reading some of these comments you guys are getting I'm glad everyone knows what a bitch I can be and leave me alone.
    +1 haha! I got a few last time with DD but I shut that crap down ASAP. People know I don't play around when it comes to my parenting decisions. 

• @TeacherMom2517 You're smarter than me. I already let that particular genie out of the bottle and hear no end of it. They hate all of our names and keep badgering us with stupid suggestions. "Yes, MIL, I have heard the name Matthew before, but thanks for your super creative suggestions. I'm so sorry that all of our perfectly lovely and classic name ideas are too weird for you." 

Here's something random! This just came in the mail today. I've always wanted one of these kit-kat clocks because I'm basically still a child at 34. This one's 1960s vintage and creepy as hell when its eyes are moving. Isn't it awful?? I'm in love with it. Planning to "give" it to my son for Christmas because he'll adore it and it's one thing for him to open that's not a horrid toy I'll stub my toe on at 3am... but, yeah, it's actually mine. This ugly shit is staying with me until I DIE. 

My mom has one! They're cute and creepy and lovable hahahah! 
  • @tentacular check your inbox
    YGPM too! :) 
    Preach. 
    But I'm a HUGE bitch! My bitchiness is legendary! 
  • He's so cute @foxrosy! How is he doing these days? Other than being adorable? I just got DS school pics today and they came out SO goofy looking lol he's still my handsome little dude though! 
  • He's doing great @Jab3!! Thank you so much for asking!!
  • Good I'm glad to hear that! He has the best smile and you can see the happiness in his eyes.