Pregnant after IF
Options

3rd trimester : week of 11/14

2»

Re: 3rd trimester : week of 11/14

• Options
    @Griffin5413 so pretty! 

@capps42613 that's true, but my dog also thinks I'm there to play with him the whole time when I work from home. :smile:
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @capps42613 I find that interesting about pineapple too ! I'm gonna get some and put some chili powder on it . Mmmmm 

@tulips29 I'm glad you will be able to work from home . The extra sleep will be sooo nice . Does bed rest mean you can still be up and about in the house a little or is it strict must stay in bed all day ? 

@griffin5413 I love the pictures - you look beautiful ! 

I had my 39 week check up today with my midwife . All is good but she just said "baby could come tonight or first weekend in December " I'm trying to stay chill with the uncertainty . I asked her about all the tricks to induce labor since I am very fearful of induction and she told me that the tricks generally are not true but can't hurt to try . She did advise against consuming castor oil though , lol . Apparently it will make you poop a lot . No thanks . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mskeenan tonight or first weekend in December is quite the range. That's almost 2 weeks! I dunno, I'm a believer in spicy foods after it worked twice for my friend :smile: And luckily I can still move around the house but not too much and can't do anything straneous. I told my boss today and he's ok with it. I just walk very slowly to the bus stop and try to mainly sit at work all day. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Griffin5413 love the maternity photos there so cute 
  • Options
    Thanx for the kind responses about my little girl :)
    Im soooo in love. 
    I should be sleeping now (or the other times I'm on here) but when she wakes me up around 5 I can't seem to fall asleep after :( 
    But it gives me the opportunity to see if there are more babies :)

I knew about pineapple, I got advices against it to eat it during pregnancy, as well as some nuts as these are foods that are hard to digest and take energy. This was said by my Indian beautician. Some citrus fruits too as they use them to create miscarriage. I didn't want to risk it, so stayed clear of those foods.

@griffin5413, love the pictures!

Thats a big time frame @mskeenan
    I got a 'you won't make Wednesday' on Monday. And all of them worried when I said I was going to IKEA on my own right after the appointment, so she had to wait until I got home again.
    I didn't take them too serious, but guess I should have as she was here on the Tuesday.

Im sorry to hear about the MIL and FIL @ultratomato
    Hope they'll understand that you guys want both of them there, its such a special occasion that should be shared. Think your FIL will regret it if he doesn't come for a visit.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Rachd110 - oh my gosh he's so precious! You are a rock star for 30 hours of labor with almost 4 of that being pushing. So glad you are starting to feel better and getting to spend time falling more and more in love with your little man! Congrats :smile:
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations @Rachd110! He is beautiful!

We had our 30 week scan yesterday and Wee Boy continues to measure about two weeks ahead! His head size is also in the 85th percentile (thanks DH...) I'm optimistic that we will still have the birthing experience we want with no extra intervention, but my OB did bring up the chance for a C-section with bigger babies. I'm not going to let it stress me though. All else is looking good!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Rachd110 yay!! Congratulations, Isaiah is absolutely precious! I had a feeling it was a boy  ;) sorry your experience was pretty traumatic. You're a trooper!! Hope you two are feeling well.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @Rachd110 wow, congratulations on your precious little boy! You're a trooper for going through all that pain and suffering. Just goes to show we women are so strong and can handle so much. Enjoy every minute with him!

@dragonfaerie omg, a big headed baby has been my fear since the beginning. DH also has a big head (he can never find a hat that fits him! lol)...and he's been teasing me since the day I got pregnant saying "imagine a big head like this coming out of you" :lol:. Luckily I don't have to worry about it now with a c-section. I know the idea of getting one might not be ideal or what you'd want, but at the end of the day I am sure your doctor will suggest the best option for you and your baby. As long as all else is looks good now, he's healthy, you're doing well, that's all that matters. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @rachd110 holy crap ! You are a badass - that sounds like a really rough labor and delivery but the prize is so worth it . Isaiah is absolutely precious . I've always loved that name . I hope you are recovering well and able to get some rest . :) thanks for updating us and congrats !!!!
    also - that is so funny about the spicy eggplant .. Now I wondering where I can get my hands on some of that where I live , haha . 

Lol @dragonfaerie I've been concerned about my lil mans size this whole time , too . During my last US (granted it was a long time ago ) my babes head was pretty large . My MIL keeps saying I'm gonna have a 10lber like she did and I always talk to my belly saying "stay small " . I have heard that those measurements they take can be very off so fingers crossed he won't require a c section due to size ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @rachd110 congrats!! He's precious. And you are such a trooper!!! 
    Last night in Austin and going home tomorrow and prepping for thanksgiving. My husband wants to walk miles and it's becoming so uncomfortable for me at 33 weeks. It's just getting hard. Ugh. 
    Cant wait to hear more baby news!!! 
  • Options
    dragonfaerie - love the nursery photos! In our birth class last week, they talked about how some docs will actually induce early if the baby starts to get too big and you really want to go through natural delivery. They did also talk about c-section as an option for that as well. 
    @Drove2u  - hope you have enjoyed your trip! I'm right there with you feeling uncomfortable for long distances. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie I completely missed your pictures, they didn't load before when I was writing my previous comment. I love the 3D ultrasound and the nursery is coming together so nicely! I wish I had a talent to do stuff like that. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited November 2016
    Wow @rachd110 I tought pushing 40 min was exhausting! Way to go badass.
    Sorry to hear about all the extras afterwards. Remember to take it easy after blood loss. I'm two weeks further and forget sometimes I had a blood transfer and then it hit me hard (like first time out in public I sat/fell down waiting in line to pay at a clothes store...thankfully I saw my sister walk by so other customers called her in...not my best moment)
    Isaiah is absolutely adorable! 

Love the nursery @dragonfaerie!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Rachd110Rachd110 member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks ladies, it was extremely exhausting. Just got back from the doctor because Isaiah looks more yellow to me and I have been having trouble waking him up for feedings, which happens with newborns that have jaundice. Waiting for blood results now. 

@dragonfaerie awesome nursery!!

@tvh1982 thanks for the advice. My husband keeps getting mad at me cuz I'm doing too much, but there is so much to do with a newborn! 

@Drove2u I hope you had a great trip. I had to stop working out at 33 weeks because it was so uncomfortable. I actually had to stop my 4 mile walks around 28 weeks because everything would hurt. 

• Options
    Oh and has anyone heard about eating 5-6 dates a day starting at 36 weeks is supposed to help you dilate and make childbirth go smoother? Well I ate dates everyday and I went early, but definitely did not have a smooth experience. 

https://wellnessmama.com/61193/eating-dates-shorten-labor/
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!

If the doc wants to induce early because of his size, then I will probably go to an acupuncturist that can serve him an "eviction notice." Lol.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @rachd110 that's funny I've never heard that about dates but I won't be trying them lol ! 

@dragonfaerie yah I think I'm gonna go back and see my Acu dude next week if baby hasn't arrived . I haven't been since my FET . I'm wondering how successful acu is with induction ! 

Well I've officially hit my due date . I woke up feeling like it was my birthday all excited .. But realize the chances of him making an appearance today are pretty slim . I'm getting the "are you in the hospital " and "where's baby " texts now a lot . People seem really concerned he's not here yet lol but I think I have reached a point of just being at peace with my little babes timing . Sort of . Patience doesn't come easy !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    happy due date @mskeenan ! i am 6 days overdue now , feeling all well but no sign of labor yet. i am so fed up with texts asking me, my dh or my mom when the baby is arriving as if we know. i know they are asking because they are excited for me but it doesnt help. i have another appointment on Tue ( of course i hope i wont need that) with NST test and ultrasound to check wheter my placenta is doing well. then we ll discuss and decide on the induction. either way, baby girl will arrive sometime next week and i am so excited
  • Options
    LURKING

morning ladies!! I have been following all but have been very bad about posting! I can't believe we are already in the 3rd trimester and for many of us, very close to our duke date!!! @mskeenan happy due date! Hope you are holding your little one very ion! 
  • Options
    @mskeenan I've read that acupuncture is suppose to help but haven't heard of anyone's personal success. Hope it helps! 

AFM I just returned from prenatal yoga to help move him down. I have my 38 week appt tomorrow to see if any progress has been made since Wednesday :-/
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    The acupuncturist I was recommended to does a three-visit induction. The first two are getting baby primed, and then the third visit is the eviction notice.:)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It is so cool to know that your baby will be here next week @zoefer ! I made appointments for the ultrasound and NST for next week so I'm curious to hear how yours go if you end up making it to them (you never know !) . I don't really know what to expect ! The midwife just said they monitor amniotic fluid levels ? 

Thanks @alexiskiriluk ! Missed you over here ! When are you due ?? How you feeling ? 

@capps42613 I did prenatal yoga this morning too ! We did lots of squats in honor of my due date :) hope your appointment tomorrow goes well ! 

Thats awesome @dragonfaerie ! I'm a big believer in acupuncture . It's worth a shot if it gets to that point ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Happy due date, @mskeenan I hope your LO makes an appearance soon. 
  • Options
    Random but thought I would share - I read that red raspberry leaf tea can help bring on labor and make labor go smoother and shorter :) it could be total BS but I like tea so I am trying it . Just think it's interesting bc I drank it a lot during treatments because I heard it was good for that as well

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    I'm taking notes of all of these natural remedies to help prepare for labor. Not that I need them yet but I might just need them soon! 
    @mskeenan  - hope you get to see your little one soon! 
    ZoeFer  - Is your Dr going to induce this week? At our labor and delivery class last weekend the nurse was talking about how our placenta is really only designed to work the best up until around 41 or 42 weeks. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @mskeenan I am drinking rasberry tealeaf now, i am also eating pineapple :)
    @Griffin5413 Yes, my doctor wants to induce before 42 weeks, actually we already scheduled the induction for this Wed because of the holidays. They are doing an ultrasound and NST test to make sure the baby is doing well but also to see if the placenta is old or not. After due date, I am seeing the doctor twice a week.