TTC After a Loss

****October Benched Thread****

2»

Re: ****October Benched Thread****

• Luckily he won't be coming just for that reason.   I was told that too. Which really surprised me bc I figured it would be a shorter time for men since they reproduce sperm more quickly. 
  • @Hopefulmommy1980 I am sorry that this is causing issues. Just a thought, not sure that your DH will budge or it will be worth a potential fight, but I live in Texas and was worried about Zika because we have tons of mosquitos. I used lots of the strong bug spray over the summer and did not get bit once. I know when I get bit because I have massive welts and itching. If you don't get bit while you are there, would he be willing to TTC? Maybe you guys can agree on something like that? Again, I am so sorry; being benched sucks.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Loading the player...
  • @newmommycoop thanks for the suggestion.  I am not sure if he will budge. :( but maybe I can bring it up again once I am back and hopefully not bit.  I appreciate the support 
  • I'm really sorry @hopefullymommy1980. I don't think you're overreacting at all! I am totally freaked out by zika and havent traveled to florida to my parents new house for that reason BUT that was during mosquito season. I didn't think there were any local transmissions anywhere in the US except for pockets in Miami, I thought all other cases were travel related. Regardless, if you come back bite free I don't see why you would still need to wait 8 weeks. I would be really upset about that too. bring lots of deet! hugs <3
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • edited November 2016
    So as an update I am shocked but my dh changed his mind about waiting. Part of it was I came back from Florida with no bug bites. I put on bug spray three times a day and wore a long sleeve shirt and pants everywhere no matter how hot it was. I saw one misquote at the airport while I was waiting for my shuttle when I first got there (freaked out inside) and quickly killed it. 

Thank you you guys for letting me vent and sending positive thoughts. 
  • @Hopefulmommy1980  I'm going to Orlando next week.  Hopefully I have the same mosquito luck as you! I actually read that Lyme disease is more prevalent (and dangerous to fetus) than Zika which should have quelled my fears but only exacerbated them because I live in New England.  My DH has been so rattled by this whole situation that he is treating my like a delicate flower which is just pissing me off. Unlike your dh, mine wants to wait EVEN LONGER than advised to make sure that this won't happen again.  Because it was an ectopic we have a 20%  chance of it happening again which is so scary and making me consider if I am ready as well to deal with the possibility of this happening again.  Sorry to piggyback your comment and be a debbie-downer.
  • @Hopefulmommy1980 That is great news. I am so happy to hear he changed his mind!

@justsuzie It all seems to be a crap shoot, but my first was ectopic and I read everywhere that the chances of it happening again were much higher. However, my OB said they were not higher. I have been PG twice since and neither were ectopic. (That being said, my tubes appeared to be open and clear on the u/s). I hope that helps. Hugs.

• @NewMommyCoop Thanks... There are so many conflicting stats out there I don't know what to believe. Unfortunately I am being treated at the hospital where nobody cares about me getting any information so I have been relying on this board rather than the certified doctors that have no problem taking my money!  

My HCG is down do 480, so at least there is that.  I'm hopeful to be at 0 by the beginning of December. My body has hung onto this hormone.  Ugh, hopefully when I do get pg again it will do the same!
  • Hope your Hcg continues to decrease
  • NewMommyCoopNewMommyCoop member
    edited November 2016
    @justsuzie I know exactly what you mean. Everything conflicted and I didn't know what was accurate. Unfortunately, as we have seen on this board, everyone is so different. Our bodies are different, and every pregnancy is different. When we just want answers, that is hard to take. I have had three losses in a year and three months. It sucks and I don't want another one, but I am 39 and DH is 46, we want a baby and time is working against us, so for us it is worth the risk right now. Holding out hope that one of these times we might get our rainbow, is what keeps me going and willing to endure possibly another loss. I am sorry you are not getting answers, I just wonder sometimes if it is because they just really don't have the answers to give. Hugs.

Edited because DH is not 45 anymore.

• @NewMommyCoop  Exactly. Thanks.  I am late to the game and starting @36 ugh!  I guess I just need to put my energy into positive thinking!
  • I agree. I turn 36 in 11 days. I think have an AMA makes you feel even more rushed and questions what problems it might be causing.